Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.



Financial Discussion

It is always wise to have a secure financial foundation. Here is a place to ask questions, exchange ideas and share information on how to make the most of your money.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee related news visit FederalDaily.com.
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dazed & Confused  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2009 9:48:18 AM(UTC)

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/8/2003(UTC)
Posts: 18

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am retired federal but took a job with the state. I am currently contributing 12k to a 457b. Can I also contribute to a 401k and a Roth?
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2009 11:19:09 AM(UTC)

Rank: Advisor

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/6/2008(UTC)
Posts: 137

A roth IRA is independent. But the amount of your 458, 401K or 403b in total can not exceed the federal limit. You can invest in one or invest a little in each but the total can not exceed.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2009 2:10:48 AM(UTC)

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 93

Thanks: 2 times
Actually, I had a 457b and a 403b, and you can contribute the maximum to each account each year for a total of $33,000. Not sure about the 401k, I think the rules are different for that account in combination with the others. Check with the IRS.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

This page was generated in 0.279 seconds.