Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Financial Discussion

It is always wise to have a secure financial foundation. Here is a place to ask questions, exchange ideas and share information on how to make the most of your money.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee related news visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Steve Rouse  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 2:46:37 AM(UTC)
HPOman

Groups: Registered

I was a GS-0810-12 step 6, I was offered a YF-02 temporary re-assignment for 3 years not to exceed 5 years. While on this temporary assignment, I was offered a YF-0801-02 permantent position at Yuma Proving Grounds. CPAC did not role me back to the GS-0810-12 step 6 and calculate my base. Instead, they took my temporary base salary, added 5% and made me an offer based on that error. Based on the offer from CPAC, I accepted the acretion and moved to Yuma Arizona from Carriere MS with the understanding that CPAC had done thier home work.

5 months later, after one PCS and 1749 miles, moving cars HHG, establishing a new residence, CPAC caught the error and has changed my SF-50 to the corrected amount and has started action for me to repay the overpayment back. The new calculated base is less than I was making at the old position and I would have refused this position based on this new calculated salary. What can I do? How can they force me to take a lesser salary than was offered? Isn't the original offer valid and CPAC has to honor it? This is a huge error on CPAC and every action from the point of acceptance will be impacted by this error. Now I will have to pay back an overpayment with a lesser salary, lose 11K per year, based on this error.
HELP!!!!!
elgallo2  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 3:48:22 AM(UTC)

Hopefully the larger offer was in writing. If not then you may have a problem.

You mentioned an acretion of duties in your post. If that is also the case normally one would not loose money through that action and would most likly recieve an increase.

I does appear your HRO folks screwed up!
Steve Rouse  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 4:37:58 AM(UTC)
HPOman

OH yes I have it in writing? But CPAC says they can make me repay because it wasn't an intentional error. I still need help.
mallen  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 2, 2009 1:38:48 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 41 post(s)
quote:
Originally posted by Porko:
OH yes I have it in writing? But CPAC says they can make me repay because it wasn't an intentional error. I still need help.

So sometimes they intentionally make errors that pay people more money? And when someone makes such an intentional error,they let it stand,but if someone makes a unintentional error they roll it back and make you pay back the money?!! Eek
gloriaclark  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 4:42:45 AM(UTC)

I would research more. I believe that you could possibly request a waiver based on the fact that it was not an error on your part. I would call OPM and speak to someone there or research the Personnel regulations. They would have to show me in writing where it says that I have to pay the monies back due to their error.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed