Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Labor

The Department of Labor fosters and promotes the welfare of the job seekers, wage earners, and retirees of the United States by improving their working conditions, advancing their opportunities for profitable employment, protecting their retirement and health care benefits, helping employers find workers, strengthening free collective bargaining, and tracking changes in employment, prices, and other national economic measurements.

In carrying out this mission, the Department administers a variety of Federal labor laws including those that guarantee workers' rights to safe and healthful working conditions; a minimum hourly wage and overtime pay; freedom from employment discrimination; unemployment insurance; and other income support. (DOL's mission statement)

Perhaps you are working for the DOL or interested in working for the DOL. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DOL.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SDAnalyst  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2016 3:31:08 PM(UTC)
SD Analyst

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 417 time(s) in 356 post(s)
I suggest you move this to the Federal Workers comp forum. You will get more help there. I would file for Workers comp myself. It doesn't matter that the PO doesn't want to pay, they never want to pay. You got injured on the job and they are responsible. It pays a lot more than Disability Retirement. Workers Comp forum: https://forum.federalsou...t.aspx?g=topics&f=10

And some people do file for OPM Disability Retirement on their own, but a lawyer is usually helpful. Good forum on that, too:

https://forum.federalsou...lt.aspx?g=topics&f=4

Edited by user Tuesday, October 18, 2016 3:37:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

dortch999  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2016 9:21:36 PM(UTC)
dortch999

always use a qualified lawyer. Never self file. I have a lawyer representing me. he has been on this case since 2008. owcp refuses to upgrade even though 2 neurosurgeons, 2 orthropedic surgeons and a physical therapist have sent paperwork to him and I have been examined by them all. DOL/OWCP is one of the most incompetent and stubborn govt. orgs to have to do business....worse than va.
LeroyToliver  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 21, 2016 11:40:55 AM(UTC)
LeroyToliver

United States

Was thanked: 98 time(s) in 81 post(s)
DO NOT GO IT ALONE, it is a long drawn out process which can be extended exponentially with just a few missing details in your paperwork. A lawyer will shave a year off your wait time. Shop around, plenty that will not take a dime from you until you have been successfully approved. Avoid people who want cash up front, because they have a good 'success' rate. Either your disabled or your not, all they do is make sure the complicated paperwork is in order. They are worth what they charge, but you, the disabled worker, shouldn't be skinned out of the small change you have left now for them to get started. Start your plans for the after going now, school, retraining, paying off cards, etc..
Rss Feed  Atom Feed