Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

HHS

The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is the United States government's principal agency for protecting the health of all Americans and providing essential human services, especially for those who are least able to help themselves.

Source: www.hhs.gov/about/

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
surfing7  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2016 3:51:43 PM(UTC)
surfing7

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello all,

Has anyone had any experience with the Health Resources and Services Administration? I have done some investigating and really like their mission. Is it a good organization to work for? I would be applying for Public Health Analyst positions.

I appreciate any info that you can provide.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 28, 2016 3:53:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nerdles  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2016 8:05:33 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I've interviewed with them--twice. I was overall not impressed with them as an agency.

The first time, they told me at the interview that the job in the announcement was not really the job I'd be filling and they didn't really know what the duties would be, as they were going through a reorganization. I had to pull teeth to get them to tell me which of their sub-offices I'd be in. I declined a second interview. (I thought asking a candidate to come in a second time was demanding, anyway. It's definitely unusual.)

The next time (almost two years later), I interviewed for another position, and it went really well. I had taken a very rigorous online test before the interview. They asked me to come back for a second interview (in person again!) but gave me only one day to choose from, which I thought was obnoxious--as was the need to have me appear in person again. Come on, people; there's this thing called the telephone. You've already met me in person once. If you can't make a decision after testing an an interview, you're indecisive. And to presume that a specific date is workable for me and not give me other choices--that's just disrespectful.

Some of the interviewers were nice, but as an agency, HRSA seemed quite full of itself and wishy-washy.

In contrast, I now work for DoD, and as with all the DoD jobs I've had, it's been one interview only. DoD is structured, clear and decisive. HHS in my limited experience is nebulous in how it views job duties and hierarchy.

Edited by user Friday, November 11, 2016 8:06:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

armyvet13  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2017 8:29:08 PM(UTC)
armyvet13

United States

I work for HRSA. This is my second government job within 3 years. I would have to say this is my favorite agency. The communication is awesome. They are telework agency which means most of their positions allow you to work home up to 3-5 days a week. I am not a Public Health Analyst, but I work with them to complete my assignments and must say it is very relaxed. You can work at your own pace. However, there are deadlines for certain things.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed