Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Financial Discussion

It is always wise to have a secure financial foundation. Here is a place to ask questions, exchange ideas and share information on how to make the most of your money.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee related news visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
HS2000  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2017 4:43:56 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

if you are offered another job with a different federal agencies which is at the same grade as your current position (i.e. already a GS-13 and the position offered is a GS-13) can you negotiate/request and does the agencies have a ability to bring you in at a higher step --- so you would in effect be getting a salary increase (i.e. currently a GS-13, step 5 - can you ask for a two step increase to a GS-13, step 7)?
frankgonzalez  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2017 5:30:38 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 588 time(s) in 445 post(s)
Originally Posted by: HS2000 Go to Quoted Post
if you are offered another job with a different federal agencies which is at the same grade as your current position (i.e. already a GS-13 and the position offered is a GS-13) can you negotiate/request and does the agencies have a ability to bring you in at a higher step --- so you would in effect be getting a salary increase (i.e. currently a GS-13, step 5 - can you ask for a two step increase to a GS-13, step 7)?
No. A lateral is a lateral. OPM has pay setting guidelines which determine how pay is set.

Now if you go from a GS position to a pay band...there are different rules for pay setting in that regard which could result in an increase in pay (WIGI buy-in, etc).

You should have voted Cthulu...the greatest of all Evils
Rss Feed  Atom Feed