Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
102 Pages«<5758596061>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
d3vid  
#1161 Posted : Thursday, April 20, 2017 12:07:50 PM(UTC)
d3vid

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Congrats to all that received official offer!!!

Waiting and Waiting....no call and no email yet!
sunshineakalisa  
#1162 Posted : Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:58:20 PM(UTC)
sunshineakalisa

United States

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sarchie Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: golfoscarvictor Go to Quoted Post
Take hope! I got the call, and a couple of emails, and another call, and I emailed them back, twice. But yeah, I got a spot.

Today?

Congrats!

Enyx  
#1163 Posted : Thursday, April 20, 2017 3:53:47 PM(UTC)
Enyx

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Congrats to all you FOE and soon to be FOEers! Question from a '16er, though I'm sure I probably know the answer... is the previously posted timeline accurate between the panel interview and the next step? Is it going to be another nail-biting four-ish months before I find out if I passed it or is it semi-quicker like the proctored test was?

I know they're currently focusing on getting you '15 guys through--as they should--but wondering if I should be crossing fingers and checking my phone/email every day or just once/twice a week.
kcarter926  
#1164 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 6:06:43 AM(UTC)
kcarter926

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Enyx Go to Quoted Post
Congrats to all you FOE and soon to be FOEers! Question from a '16er, though I'm sure I probably know the answer... is the previously posted timeline accurate between the panel interview and the next step? Is it going to be another nail-biting four-ish months before I find out if I passed it or is it semi-quicker like the proctored test was?

I know they're currently focusing on getting you '15 guys through--as they should--but wondering if I should be crossing fingers and checking my phone/email every day or just once/twice a week.

I had my panel May '16 and Tentative Offer October '16. No one ever told me if I passed the panel interview. I had a family friend who is a fed say if they took my fingerprints that meant "I passed". Whether that is accurate or not I don't know. Try not to bite your nails on your long road ahead!
adarge  
#1165 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 6:34:56 AM(UTC)
adarge

United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kcarter926 Go to Quoted Post

I had my panel May '16 and Tentative Offer October '16. No one ever told me if I passed the panel interview. I had a family friend who is a fed say if they took my fingerprints that meant "I passed". Whether that is accurate or not I don't know. Try not to bite your nails on your long road ahead!

My timeline was the same (May and October). I never received notification that I passed either. The only way I knew was by receiving the COE.
shooter  
#1166 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 7:07:52 AM(UTC)
shooter

United States

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 17 post(s)

Like the others, I did not receive any information regarding pass/fail until I got a COE in October. I also interviewed in May 2016. Based on the timeline for a majority (if not all) of our 2015 applicant group, it could be awhile before you hear anything after your interview. I would still encourage to check email, because you certainly don't want to miss anything that might have a short deadline.

The only difference from what was stated above about getting your fingerprints means you passed, they did my fingerprints before I had my interview. When I went to the office that day to interview, the fingerprints was the first thing they did.
hombre  
#1167 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 8:14:00 AM(UTC)
hombre

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: shooter Go to Quoted Post

Like the others, I did not receive any information regarding pass/fail until I got a COE in October. I also interviewed in May 2016. Based on the timeline for a majority (if not all) of our 2015 applicant group, it could be awhile before you hear anything after your interview. I would still encourage to check email, because you certainly don't want to miss anything that might have a short deadline.

The only difference from what was stated above about getting your fingerprints means you passed, they did my fingerprints before I had my interview. When I went to the office that day to interview, the fingerprints was the first thing they did.

Same thing here. Getting fingerprinted should not be taken as an indication of passing, especially if you do them before the interview.
golfoscarvictor  
#1168 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 9:18:06 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Today?

Yes, well yesterday.
IYAAYAS  
#1169 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 10:03:54 AM(UTC)
IYAAYAS

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Got the call today!!! We'll be seeing you guys/gals at the Q. Good luck to those still waiting, seems they are slow rolling the offers out...lol
Serpico  
#1170 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 10:05:34 AM(UTC)
Serpico

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 8 post(s)
just got my Interim Clearance Email!!!!sent back the email risk assessment form immediately! what was everyone timeline after receiving interim clearance ? just gaging if I should be looking for something for may or more reasonable to be looking towards September? Good Luck All!
shooter  
#1171 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 12:18:48 PM(UTC)
shooter

United States

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Serpico Go to Quoted Post
just got my Interim Clearance Email!!!!sent back the email risk assessment form immediately! what was everyone timeline after receiving interim clearance ? just gaging if I should be looking for something for may or more reasonable to be looking towards September? Good Luck All!

That's great to hear, Serpico! How long ago were your references contacted? I thought everyone that was going to receive that interim clearance would have already been notified, but maybe not.
Serpico  
#1172 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 1:30:35 PM(UTC)
Serpico

Originally Posted by: shooter Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Serpico Go to Quoted Post

That's great to hear, Serpico! How long ago were your references contacted? I thought everyone that was going to receive that interim clearance would have already been notified, but maybe not.

Most of them were contacted a few weeks back. I'm a LEO so they needed a couple things from my Dept. that they got last week.
sunshineakalisa  
#1173 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 4:57:06 PM(UTC)
sunshineakalisa

United States

Originally Posted by: IYAAYAS Go to Quoted Post
Got the call today!!! We'll be seeing you guys/gals at the Q. Good luck to those still waiting, seems they are slow rolling the offers out...lol

Congrats!
GearUp  
#1174 Posted : Sunday, April 23, 2017 11:24:07 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 376 time(s) in 136 post(s)
Congrats to those selected!!! They, HQ/HR, expect to fill the class with 50 students. Last class graduated 16 out 19. Here's a few tips for those selected: Bring hangers for your clothes. A few are provided but not enough. Pack as light as you can. Bring clothes that are interchangeable into multiple outfits. You share a room and you each have a closet and a 5 drawer dresser. Not a whole lot of room. Pack a power strip and maybe a small extension cord. Not many outlets in the room. Two of them are hidden by the beds and each desk has 2 available. If you have a favorite pillow, bring it. The ones provided tend to be kind of soft. Make sure you pack an extra pair of eye glasses and/or bring extra contacts. If you are a light sleeper bring ear plugs and a sleep mask. Your roommate maybe a night owl. They usually don't allow you to swap rooms. Make sure your prescription meds are filled or available to transfer to a local pharmacy. I know there is a CVS and Walmart in Stafford right outside the back gate. Have your insurance card available (health/prescription/dental/vision), in the event you need to visit a health care provider. Have your family members SSNs for the benefits paperwork. Have your banking info for direct deposit.

Now some of this stuff can be mailed or FedEx'd to you. If you can't pack it or carry it on the plane, pack it up and prep it for a family member to send it to you. You can always have stuff sent to you. Or, once off probation, you can buy it a Walmart.

Anyway, if I think of anything else I'll post it. If any of you have specific questions, ask.

Again, congrats to those selected and welcome aboard. Good luck.

Edited by user Sunday, April 23, 2017 11:25:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 6 users thanked for this useful post.
IYAAYAS on 4/23/2017(UTC), islandgrl on 4/23/2017(UTC), sunshineakalisa on 4/23/2017(UTC), d3vid on 4/24/2017(UTC), ksks8312 on 4/24/2017(UTC), PoPoLoCo on 4/25/2017(UTC)
IYAAYAS  
#1175 Posted : Sunday, April 23, 2017 12:08:54 PM(UTC)
IYAAYAS

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hey Gear up,
Thanks for your info and suggestions for the Q. When you say outfits what exactly is required for attire? I figure we'll need a suit but everyday? Are slacks or khakis and a polo acceptable, maybe a few button down shirts. Are jeans acceptable in class? For extra-curricular activities, should I bring my golf clubs or will we be too busy? I realize we won't be able to leave the first few weeks.
Thanks again
sarchie  
#1176 Posted : Sunday, April 23, 2017 12:56:40 PM(UTC)
sarchie

United States

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Thank you GearUp. Do you still think there is hope for those of us who received our preference sheet but have yet to receive our FOE?
thanks 4 users thanked sarchie for this useful post.
Giants81 on 4/23/2017(UTC), Serpico on 4/23/2017(UTC), hombre on 4/23/2017(UTC), d3vid on 4/24/2017(UTC)
Serpico  
#1177 Posted : Sunday, April 23, 2017 1:04:15 PM(UTC)
Serpico

Thank you GearUp. Do you still think there is hope for those of us who received our preference sheet but have yet to receive our FOE?

I'm wondering the same for those who just got Interim Clearance and no Pref sheet yet!
GearUp  
#1178 Posted : Sunday, April 23, 2017 10:52:44 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 376 time(s) in 136 post(s)
Hey Gear up,
Thanks for your info and suggestions for the Q. When you say outfits what exactly is required for attire? I figure we'll need a suit but everyday? Are slacks or khakis and a polo acceptable, maybe a few button down shirts. Are jeans acceptable in class? For extra-curricular activities, should I bring my golf clubs or will we be too busy? I realize we won't be able to leave the first few weeks.
Thanks again

First off, for the first couple of days or so you'll be in business attire - suits (ties and jackets for the guys and the equivalent for women). I'm not a fashion expert so I don't have a clue about whats "in" for business attire these days. You'll also be in business attire for specific classes and or exercises throughout the course. For the majority of the class time you'll be in uniform. An issued class shirt and khakis. The shirt is colored coded to indicate you are in the Basic DI Class. Each basic training class (agent, DI, Intell, and Chems) wear a different colored shirt. Basic agent trainees, I believe, wear a tan colored shirt. I think BDIs wear blue. Intell is green I think and Chems is black. Jeans are not allowed to be worn in the Academy before 6 pm. What I meant by outfits being "interchangeable" was they should be flexible. Like one pair of khakis can be worn with different shirts - polo and button down - and different colors. Jeans can be worn with a polo, a button down and/or tee shirts of varied colors. See that way you don't need a bunch of jeans. You could get away with 2/3 pair instead of 6/7. Shirts take up less room. Especially tee shirts. Another example is a black or grey suit can be worn with different color ties and shirts. So if you only brought 2 suits, one black and one grey, you could vary your look with just a few different shirts and ties. That way you won't need to pack a whole lot of clothes. If you work out or run/jog bring your workout clothes. There are free washers and dryers available (24/7) so you can do your laundry even at night during your study time. When I was a counselor I knew some students who did their laundry during class time. They put it in the washer first thing in the morning and checked on during breaks, moving it to dryers. It was usually done by lunch. I know there is a dry cleaning service but not sure where it is or the cost. Each room has 2 twin beds, 2 five drawer dressers, 2 desks/book shelves, 2 closets, one night stand (between the beds), and a TV. There should also be an alarm clock. There is a double vanity and a bathroom (toilet, tub/shower). They provide all the bedding and towels for you. You can exchange the bedding and towels as needed. You are responsible for cleaning your room. Very limited housekeeping service - mainly trash removal. The vanity has only 2 outlets so you and your roommate will have to share. You may need to bring 2 power strips. There is a hair dryer, an iron and an ironing board in every room (or there should be). If not, talk to your counselor so your not liable for any missing items. Its up to you if you bring your clubs or any other items. I've heard of some who have brought their bicycles with them (not allowed to be kept in your room). Keep in mind the limited space. As I said, if it turns out you need or want something special or extra from home, a family member can mail or FedEx it to you. Your class ID is supposed to be honored on base at many of the recreational facilities and I believe the golf course is one of those facilities. I don't play so I can't tell you what the course is like or what the green fees are. Provided you're not on probation you can pretty much do whatever you want and go where ever you want with your free time. That is, of course, with your Counselor's ok.

I hope I answered your questions. Take care.

Edited by user Sunday, April 23, 2017 10:56:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 6 users thanked for this useful post.
IYAAYAS on 4/24/2017(UTC), sunshineakalisa on 4/24/2017(UTC), islandgrl on 4/24/2017(UTC), Serpico on 4/24/2017(UTC), d3vid on 4/24/2017(UTC), ksks8312 on 4/24/2017(UTC)
sunshineakalisa  
#1179 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 3:24:59 AM(UTC)
sunshineakalisa

United States

Good luck to all of those who are waiting for the FOE! Here's hoping you get a call/email this week! Congrats to those of you who have made it. Looking forward to starting this new chapter! Have a great week.
thanks 4 users thanked sunshineakalisa for this useful post.
Giants81 on 4/24/2017(UTC), islandgrl on 4/24/2017(UTC), hombre on 4/24/2017(UTC), Serpico on 4/24/2017(UTC)
adarge  
#1180 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 5:04:27 AM(UTC)
adarge

United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Gear Up - Do you know about when we can expect to receive our welcome info for the academy?
thanks 2 users thanked adarge for this useful post.
sunshineakalisa on 4/24/2017(UTC), Serpico on 4/24/2017(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed