Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cwal897  
#21 Posted : Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:00:38 PM(UTC)
Cwal897

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: WaitingForever Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Cwal897 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: someoldguy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Kaliino Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: someoldguy Go to Quoted Post
I went to CPC in June 2016 and got adjudicated in March 2017... I don't know exactly when adjudication started.

Well at least you made it onto the "cleared list". Congratulations!

Thanks! But I'm not quite there yet. Waiting for that Final Job Offer!

I think we pretty much has very similar timeline. I went to May 2016 event as well. I just received my FJO last week so you very well may be coming up soon. I was cleared at the end of March also. It may help to call the HR rep on your CJO letter. After I cleared I call that number and they said if I didn't hear anything by the next Friday to give them a call. I received my FJO that following Monday.

How did you know specifically when you were cleared? Did someone from Security tell you?

No I called the HR contact on my CJO. They stated that I had cleared that week and was included on a list with about 80+ other cleared applicant HR had to work through. But the HR rep then said if you don't hear something by the following Friday to call back.
TMHTE  
#22 Posted : Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:45:33 PM(UTC)
TMHTE

United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I was informed two weeks ago from a prospective supervisor who wanted to talk turkey about a specific position that she saw my name on the cleared list. Does this mean that my clearance was recently readjudicated or does it simply mean that, since I already have a clearance as a contractor, I made it on the hiring list while my clearance awaits readjudication? If it was finally adjudicated, I haven't heard anything from HR and nobody is responding to my calls/e-mails. I'm hoping they wouldn't tease me by putting my name on the cleared list if my clearance is still out of scope.

Timeline:

10/2016 - Case closed, awaiting adjudication
10/2016 - CJO for analysis career field, likely CI/Transnational specialty
11/2016 - CPC
12/2016 - CJO for CI career field, agent position
04/2017 - Contacted by prospective supervisor for specific position

I remember in January I received an e-mail from security that adjudication could take over a year because of my "personal history.". So I'm confused. Maybe they were under the impression that I haven't had a PR opened up nearly 18 months ago lol.

Edited by user Thursday, April 20, 2017 5:07:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TMHTE  
#23 Posted : Thursday, April 20, 2017 8:28:23 PM(UTC)
TMHTE

United States

Haha no SVR shens, it was an office to office call. Yes she was an employee. Basically she asked questions about my background, told me what the position was, I asked questions about it, she answered them, and then asked me if I would be interested in doing it. I said yes because the specific billet sounds like something of a hybrid between the CJOs I received and I think I'd really enjoy it.

A buddy of mine went through a similar process about a year ago, also a contractor turned gov. After he ended up on the cleared list, he had an "internal" interview which was basically branch heads trying to get a feel for a potential candidate to see how he would be before said branch heads throw names against open billets. They already knew him from his time as a contractor, so it was admittedly incestuous. Mine felt like less of an interview and more like an advertisement. After that, the rest is up to OHR and who knows how long that will take.

I'm guessing this isn't something done with everybody, probably just with people who already have access to cleared spaces? I'm not sure.

The part that confused me was the clearance bit. I asked my company FSO if my clearance was updated in JPAS, he said no. Yet I'm on the gov's cleared list? Maybe JPAS is out of date or something. I don't know but assume that I'm good?

Edited by user Thursday, April 20, 2017 8:34:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

someoldguy  
#24 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 3:34:48 AM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 317 time(s) in 282 post(s)
I was also contacted by a "prospective supervisor" who made it clear it was not an offer. He just wanted to go over a couple of things on my resume, which had apparently been circulated among hiring managers after I cleared.

He said that HR would decide if and when any offer would be made, and they could decide that some other office had a higher priority and they might not extend the offer from his shop. He also said that I might not be contacted by any other hiring manager but could still get an offer from a different office.

It has been a couple weeks now since that phone call and nothing yet... the wheels of HR move slowly.

By the way did you know that the Russian acronym for SVR looks exactly like CBP (Customs and Border Protection)? Fun fact :)
DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
vegeta327  
#25 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 1:08:14 PM(UTC)
vegeta327

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 20 post(s)
How disappointing, they called twice and left a message on my cellphone about my FJO but of course can't have my cell in the facility and when I called back no one answers :(

I guess I'll have to wait until Monday..
vegeta327  
#26 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 1:14:30 PM(UTC)
vegeta327

Originally Posted by: Kaliino Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: vegeta327 Go to Quoted Post
How disappointing, they called twice and left a message on my cellphone about my FJO but of course can't have my cell in the facility and when I called back no one answers :(

I guess I'll have to wait until Monday..

At least they didn't call to extend a suitability rejection :D Congratulations!

Ha true! I gave them my work number and they've called me at work and yet they didn't this time. Damn it!
TMHTE  
#27 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 1:26:02 PM(UTC)
TMHTE

United States

Congrats, vegeta. It's good to know you're in the pipeline.

Just learned today that my clearance is still stuck in adjudications. Yet I was in the "Cleared Hiring Pool" as of 2 weeks ago, for whatever reason. I'm just going to act like I never applied and stop thinking about it, it's a huge distraction to my personal life and I'm getting stressed out.

Cheers everyone, best of luck over the next few months.

Edited by user Friday, April 21, 2017 1:26:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked TMHTE for this useful post.
rebels8 on 4/21/2017(UTC)
vegeta327  
#28 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 2:08:36 PM(UTC)
vegeta327

Originally Posted by: TMHTE Go to Quoted Post
Congrats, vegeta. It's good to know you're in the pipeline.

Just learned today that my clearance is still stuck in adjudications. Yet I was in the "Cleared Hiring Pool" as of 2 weeks ago, for whatever reason. I'm just going to act like I never applied and stop thinking about it, it's a huge distraction to my personal life and I'm getting stressed out.

Cheers everyone, best of luck over the next few months.

Thanks! Multiple offers and being a former fed caused some heartburn for HR lol. I guess I'll see how it all shook up Monday. Atleast I know for a fact they completed what took so long and it's a FJO
Kd17  
#29 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 2:43:15 PM(UTC)
Kd17

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Congrats vegeta. I just came from CPC this week and I would like to know your timeline please?
thanks 1 user thanked Kd17 for this useful post.
rebels8 on 4/21/2017(UTC)
vegeta327  
#30 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 4:06:19 PM(UTC)
vegeta327

Originally Posted by: Kd17 Go to Quoted Post
Congrats vegeta. I just came from CPC this week and I would like to know your timeline please?

Thanks!

August CJO: S&T
Middle of August: SF-86/drug test
October Resubmission of SF86 (they lost it)
December CJO: HUMINT
January: CPC Security/Psychological/Poly
Per SSO Investigation complete end of January
I'm assuming FEB adjudication
Cleared list end of March: I've been cleared for 3 weeks, bids were last 2 weeks ago, HR has been working on my FJO
21 April: Two missed calls and one with voice message about FJO, called back no answer :(

Kd17  
#31 Posted : Saturday, April 22, 2017 6:11:15 AM(UTC)
Kd17

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Ok thanks for the info. I know the wait has been really long and to be so close. Your process seems to have gone by pretty quickly compared to others I've seen. We're you prior military?
vegeta327  
#32 Posted : Saturday, April 22, 2017 6:19:52 AM(UTC)
vegeta327

It would've been faster if they hadn't lost my SF86 twice and waited months to let me know, oh CPC. Yes, I was ex-military two branches, former fed worker, and current contractor for the IC.. im looking forward to a change, challenge, and new scenery.
someoldguy  
#33 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 8:20:28 AM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 317 time(s) in 282 post(s)
Originally Posted by: vegeta327 Go to Quoted Post
It would've been faster if they hadn't lost my SF86 twice and waited months to let me know, oh CPC. Yes, I was ex-military two branches, former fed worker, and current contractor for the IC.. im looking forward to a change, challenge, and new scenery.

@vegeta327, any update? Tried to PM but your inbox is full.
DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
thanks 1 user thanked someoldguy for this useful post.
chopperbob on 4/24/2017(UTC)
vegeta327  
#34 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 9:01:22 AM(UTC)
vegeta327

I just came out to check my phone again, another missed call and message but they never pick up the phone when I callback. So frustrating, I've been calling since 7 CST and no pickup the moment I go in she calls. I've even left a message saying call me on my work number, nothing.. I feel like she enjoys the phone tag.
vegeta327  
#35 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 9:05:01 AM(UTC)
vegeta327

Sorry, I'll clean up my box when I get off.. heading back in to continue calling every 15 minutes.
jms1979  
#36 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 9:39:38 AM(UTC)
jms1979

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
VEGETA327: I've applied to the Baltimore/DC hiring event. I'm prior military, former FBI, gone contractor for more money but looking to go federal again. I'm cleared, FS poly, TS/SCI. I seen that you had to take a poly. Did you already take one? I'm just wondering if I'll need to since I already did with the FBI about a year ago and my TS is current/active. Thanks!
Cwal897  
#37 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 11:24:26 AM(UTC)
Cwal897

Originally Posted by: jms1979 Go to Quoted Post
VEGETA327: I've applied to the Baltimore/DC hiring event. I'm prior military, former FBI, gone contractor for more money but looking to go federal again. I'm cleared, FS poly, TS/SCI. I seen that you had to take a poly. Did you already take one? I'm just wondering if I'll need to since I already did with the FBI about a year ago and my TS is current/active. Thanks!

You will have to take the poly and get cleared all over again with DIA. From what I understand DIA does not do any crossover on polygraphs and or clearance investigations. I have had three top secret clearances one in the military and two federal and I sill had to go through DIA clearance process it has taken just at a year to get cleared and received my FJO. DIA does not take a polygraph from any other agency.
jms1979  
#38 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 11:26:22 AM(UTC)
jms1979

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Thanks. Typical gov bureaucracy and waste.
thanks 1 user thanked jms1979 for this useful post.
rebels8 on 4/24/2017(UTC)
Der Meister  
#39 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 12:50:03 PM(UTC)
Der Meister

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
How long do you have to accept the FJO/have them attempt to contact you before the offer is rescinded. I'm out of the country for a week and don't have access to my voicemail. It'd be just my luck for them to call me today and I won't know until I get back the following week. Of course, I don't have a contact in HR to notify them of my travel.
Cwal897  
#40 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 1:38:59 PM(UTC)
Cwal897

Originally Posted by: Der Meister Go to Quoted Post
How long do you have to accept the FJO/have them attempt to contact you before the offer is rescinded. I'm out of the country for a week and don't have access to my voicemail. It'd be just my luck for them to call me today and I won't know until I get back the following week. Of course, I don't have a contact in HR to notify them of my travel.

Don't know how long you have before they rescind but the dates they offer for start date went over a span of 60 days! That is in align with most other federal agencies that normally give you anywhere from two weeks to two months to start and I'm sure that you can request a extension as well! Not specific to DIA but I do know from a Federal HR perspective that when an individual has been selected for a position that HR rep needs a rejection of the offer by the applicant and usually in writing before they rescind an offer!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed