Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Air Reserve Technicians

Air reserve technicians, commonly referred to as ARTs, are a nucleus of managers, planners and trainers who have knowledge and expertise to smooth Air Force Reserve Command (AFRC) units' transition from a peacetime to a wartime environment. They provide management continuity, equipment maintenance and training support to help keep their units combat ready.

Air reserve technicians carry dual status, working as full-time civil service employees for the Air Force and as military members in the same AFRC units where they work as civilians and performing the same job. A civil servant or public servant is a civilian career public sector employee working for a government department or agency. In their civilian role, air reserve technicians provide full-time support throughout the month for their units. In the AFRC, air reserve technicians participate with other reservists on weekends and annual active-duty tours.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Blooper23  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 26, 2017 2:20:30 PM(UTC)
Blooper23

Groups: Registered

I am currently working as a GS8 step 2 federal employee for my fulltime career (Im at a dead end job). Im also in the Air Force Reserves. I was recently offered a position as an ART. I've always been told that if I get another federal job that my pay would equal to what my current GS and step, or a least come as close as possible with the step system. While communicating with future supervision, I was told that my pay would be WG10 and would no steps would be offered to reflect my current GS and step pay. Is there anyone that can point me in the right direction to do some research on this. I want to verify and if I find anything, to forward to the supervision for this ART position. If I cannot get the matching pay, or at least come close, then there would be no incentive on this career change.
CivSer67  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 26, 2017 9:19:23 PM(UTC)
CivSer67

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Just stay away from the ART positions... they are a complete FU at this point. The USAFR is a fractured Command who cannot run their own people. There is a reason why so many are leaving the ART world!
shambles  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 02, 2017 8:45:46 AM(UTC)

I agree with CivSer67. Stay away. I was at a base that Reserves ran. It was okay. Transferred to an AD TFI base. It sucked. I got lucky and got a Straight Civ job.
ExPostalCombatVet  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 15, 2017 8:13:21 AM(UTC)
ExPostalCombatVet

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
In my experience with civilian pay you are correct. I have went from WG to GS and yes they start you at a step that will give you a pay raise. You should speak to your civilian pay office, they can positively answer your question. Your pay scales may be different but at my location, a WG-10 step one makes more than a GS-8 step two anyway.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed