Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Employees: You be the Judge

Get real-life reviews of key court cases involving federal employees. Share your opinion on the outcomes of these cases, or participate in other discussions about workplace issues that may impact your job.

Be civil when debating with others in the forum. Uncivil remarks toward any other forum member is prohibited on FederalSoup and should be reported immediately.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sapper84  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 9:54:52 AM(UTC)
sapper84

Groups: Registered

I have been diagnosed with PTSD, MDD, and Anxiety Disorder from the VA. (70% rating for PTSD and 100% P&T SC Total rating. My condition has been deteriorating slowly for the past few years, but it has nose dived in the past year. I submitted a RA request in Dec 2015, and no action was taken. My Psychiatrist enrolled me in a 6 week Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program, and I was on FMLA for that entire time. In my documentation, my Dr was very specific in what types of accommodations would be needed at work and what my symptoms are. Still no action from my boss. I am at the point where I am missing a lot of work or having to leave early. My Dr wrote yet another statement saying that I am unable to perform essential elements of my job, but still no action from my boss. I have no idea what to do about this. I am to the point where I am considering applying for Disability Retirement. Is this a possibility for me? I am getting the feeling that my boss and agency are never going to do anything as far as RA. This is a horrible situation for me.. I was a soldier for 2 decades and I feel like I am quitting but I feel like I am in a corner.

Edited by user Thursday, May 18, 2017 9:55:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

frankgonzalez  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 22, 2017 4:12:02 AM(UTC)
frankgonzalez

Was thanked: 671 time(s) in 511 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sapper84 Go to Quoted Post
I have been diagnosed with PTSD, MDD, and Anxiety Disorder from the VA. (70% rating for PTSD and 100% P&T SC Total rating. My condition has been deteriorating slowly for the past few years, but it has nose dived in the past year. I submitted a RA request in Dec 2015, and no action was taken. My Psychiatrist enrolled me in a 6 week Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program, and I was on FMLA for that entire time. In my documentation, my Dr was very specific in what types of accommodations would be needed at work and what my symptoms are. Still no action from my boss. I am at the point where I am missing a lot of work or having to leave early. My Dr wrote yet another statement saying that I am unable to perform essential elements of my job, but still no action from my boss. I have no idea what to do about this. I am to the point where I am considering applying for Disability Retirement. Is this a possibility for me? I am getting the feeling that my boss and agency are never going to do anything as far as RA. This is a horrible situation for me.. I was a soldier for 2 decades and I feel like I am quitting but I feel like I am in a corner.
The part in bold means you are likely going to be removed. Apply for Disability Retirement ASAP! And also apply back with the VA for voc rehab as you can't do the line of work you were in any more.

You should have voted Cthulu...the greatest of all Evils
thanks 1 user thanked frankgonzalez for this useful post.
sapper84 on 5/22/2017(UTC)
cboro_guy  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 11, 2017 6:01:35 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: frankgonzalez Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: sapper84 Go to Quoted Post
The part in bold means you are likely going to be removed. Apply for Disability Retirement ASAP! And also apply back with the VA for voc rehab as you can't do the line of work you were in any more.

Like frankgonzalez said, a note like that could start the removal process for inability to perform the essential functions of your position. Is there an RA that would permit you to perform the essential functions of your position?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed