Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Defense


The Department of Defense (DoD) is charged with coordinating and supervising all agencies and functions of the government relating directly to national security and the United States armed forces. The mission of the Department of Defense is to provide the military forces needed to deter war and to protect the security of our country.

The Department of Defense is America's oldest and largest government agency -tracing its roots back to pre-Revolutionary times. Today, the Department is not only in charge of the military, but it also employs a civilian force of thousands. With over 1.4 million men and women on active duty, and 718,000 civilian personnel, DoD is the nation's largest employer. Another 1.1 million serve in the National Guard and Reserve forces. More than 2 million military retirees and their family members receive benefits.

Perhaps you are working for the DoD or interested in working for the DoD. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DoD.
25 Pages«<89101112>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
slowpoke  
#181 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 8:10:11 AM(UTC)
slowpoke

Rank: Advisor

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/10/2015(UTC)
Posts: 179
United States

Thanks: 26 times
Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Texas, Utah, KS, NC, NM and AZ. Got referred to three more recent grads this morning in TX. Not sure about the security issue I will ask in my interview. My credit is being rebuilt and I have a misdemeanor from 20 years ago so hoping that won't cause a problem.
fedsoup6  
#182 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 8:25:46 AM(UTC)
fedsoup6

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/16/2017(UTC)
Posts: 26
United States
Location: California

Thanks: 10 times
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I have not gotten an update still.
After submitting references and OF-306, no TO or any email back.
This is putting me on an emotional roller-coaster.

Renee205  
#183 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 8:34:04 AM(UTC)
Renee205

Rank: Rookie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/20/2017(UTC)
Posts: 48
United States

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: slowpoke Go to Quoted Post
Texas, Utah, KS, NC, NM and AZ. Got referred to three more recent grads this morning in TX. Not sure about the security issue I will ask in my interview. My credit is being rebuilt and I have a misdemeanor from 20 years ago so hoping that won't cause a problem.


They will check your credit as it is part of your security clearance. I think as long you don't have judgements or bankruptcy you should be fine. As far as the misdemeanor I think it depends on what it was for. The charge assaults or drug charges will hurt. 20 years ago may not hurt you.

Depending on your location and whom you may be auditing you may be subjected to a polygraph test.
Renee205  
#184 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 8:35:30 AM(UTC)
Renee205

Rank: Rookie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/20/2017(UTC)
Posts: 48
United States

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: slowpoke Go to Quoted Post
Texas, Utah, KS, NC, NM and AZ. Got referred to three more recent grads this morning in TX. Not sure about the security issue I will ask in my interview. My credit is being rebuilt and I have a misdemeanor from 20 years ago so hoping that won't cause a problem.


When is your interview. Have you interviewed before with DCAA?
serdusty  
#185 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 3:46:28 PM(UTC)
serdusty

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/12/2017(UTC)
Posts: 7

Any firm offers yet? I wonder how many people they can enroll in the June start class.
Jessica Phar  
#186 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 3:51:34 PM(UTC)
Jessica Phar

Rank: Rookie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/27/2017(UTC)
Posts: 34
United States

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Nothing yet. Apparently they are waiting for security to give green lights so they can send out firm offers
Humz  
#187 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 4:28:36 PM(UTC)
Humz

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/20/2017(UTC)
Posts: 22
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Got the referral email early this morning!
Jessica Phar  
#188 Posted : Monday, May 22, 2017 8:09:21 AM(UTC)
Jessica Phar

Rank: Rookie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/27/2017(UTC)
Posts: 34
United States

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
So update. Got my eQIP mail today and am waiting for definite start date. It will either be June 4th or 18th. Will hopefully know later today. The wheels are turning guys. Just be patient 😊
CPAGuy1986  
#189 Posted : Monday, May 22, 2017 8:21:41 AM(UTC)

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/14/2013(UTC)
Posts: 109

Thanks: 6 times
Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jessica Phar Go to Quoted Post
So update. Got my eQIP mail today and am waiting for definite start date. It will either be June 4th or 18th. Will hopefully know later today. The wheels are turning guys. Just be patient 😊


I received my eQIP email late last week while I was in a training. I completed and sent it off the same day last week. Hoping to hear something soon. Just hurry up and waiting for that firm offer now. Keep them fingers crossed. I need more people to hang out with in Atlanta!! Good luck everyone!
montanabob  
#190 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 10:00:19 AM(UTC)
montanabob

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/12/2017(UTC)
Posts: 7
United States
Location: wyoming

1. So are any of you hearing from the regular announcements, Not the Recent Grad one. I was selected as a GS 9 and haven't heard boo since the hiring freeze ended. And am happy that someone posted that the start dates were moved off the holiday to June 4 and June 18.

2. And for you waiting on the EQIP to get done, for my current position, they finally got around to sending out the questionnaire to my current boss 72 days after they had all the paperwork. So you'll probably get hired before the process is completed.
CPAGuy1986  
#191 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 10:19:17 AM(UTC)

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/14/2013(UTC)
Posts: 109

Thanks: 6 times
Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: montanabob Go to Quoted Post
1. So are any of you hearing from the regular announcements, Not the Recent Grad one. I was selected as a GS 9 and haven't heard boo since the hiring freeze ended. And am happy that someone posted that the start dates were moved off the holiday to June 4 and June 18.

2. And for you waiting on the EQIP to get done, for my current position, they finally got around to sending out the questionnaire to my current boss 72 days after they had all the paperwork. So you'll probably get hired before the process is completed.


My answers to your questions:

1. I was interviewed and tentative selection was off of a regular announcement, not the recent grad one. I merely write in the recent grad forum for others information. So all of the progress that I have made through this process, has been off of a permanent announcement.

2. From my experience, the full background is initiated when your SF-86 goes to whoever it needs to go to since it varies by agency. A preliminary check is done and a firm offer should be issued if everything comes back sufficiently. At DCAA, you will not hear on the results of your full background check for at least 6-8 months after being on the job.
Buckeye81  
#192 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 11:32:25 AM(UTC)
Buckeye81

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/13/2017(UTC)
Posts: 7
United States
Location: Ohio

Thanks: 2 times
So I am patiently waiting to hear someone get a FJO... as I received a TO before the freeze and have heard absolutely nothing since, except for "waiting for guidance" line. I was about a week late getting all the info in after the freeze. This was with a similar agency under the DoD.

As for the security clearance, I spent the full week allowed going over it to make sure everything was covered. All 30ish countries I have visited with exact dates and reasons, criminal history which was effectively abolished and sealed but I disclosed it and had the court fax the final proceeding. (If you earned yourself a misdemeanor, and it got taken away... the gov't knows) All this submitted in January and I received my adjudicated clearance about 2-3 weeks ago. So roughly 3 months or less, call it a fluke, maybe it landed on top and a good day... who knows.

Either way, still no word on an FJO. Good luck fellas

fedsoup6  
#193 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 1:47:53 PM(UTC)
fedsoup6

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/16/2017(UTC)
Posts: 26
United States
Location: California

Thanks: 10 times
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Got the e-QIP email today; however, the registration code did not work... account is now locked. Just sent them a message.

Hopefully final offers gets released soon. I am anticipating everyday for stability.
capucha  
#194 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 1:59:19 PM(UTC)
capucha

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/2/2017(UTC)
Posts: 10
United States
Location: Utah

Originally Posted by: fedsoup6 Go to Quoted Post
Got the e-QIP email today; however, the registration code did not work... account is now locked. Just sent them a message.

Hopefully final offers gets released soon. I am anticipating everyday for stability.


My HR rep told me that for the class starting June 18th, final offers should be going out late Wednesday and early Thursday of this week. Hope that helps
fedsoup6  
#195 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 7:47:01 PM(UTC)
fedsoup6

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/16/2017(UTC)
Posts: 26
United States
Location: California

Thanks: 10 times
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Buckeye81 Go to Quoted Post
So I am patiently waiting to hear someone get a FJO... as I received a TO before the freeze and have heard absolutely nothing since, except for "waiting for guidance" line. I was about a week late getting all the info in after the freeze. This was with a similar agency under the DoD.

As for the security clearance, I spent the full week allowed going over it to make sure everything was covered. All 30ish countries I have visited with exact dates and reasons, criminal history which was effectively abolished and sealed but I disclosed it and had the court fax the final proceeding. (If you earned yourself a misdemeanor, and it got taken away... the gov't knows) All this submitted in January and I received my adjudicated clearance about 2-3 weeks ago. So roughly 3 months or less, call it a fluke, maybe it landed on top and a good day... who knows.

Either way, still no word on an FJO. Good luck fellas



Do they interview you over the phone and spot check in person for the clearance?

Originally Posted by: capucha Go to Quoted Post


My HR rep told me that for the class starting June 18th, final offers should be going out late Wednesday and early Thursday of this week. Hope that helps

Would be good but seems like security may take a while. Don't think offers will be out tomorrow unless they don't run the check or do a top level check. Not even sure how they will make the June deadline.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 24, 2017 7:52:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Buckeye81  
#196 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 6:02:24 AM(UTC)
Buckeye81

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/13/2017(UTC)
Posts: 7
United States
Location: Ohio

Thanks: 2 times
Originally Posted by: fedsoup6 Go to Quoted Post


Do they interview you over the phone and spot check in person for the clearance?



I received an interim clearance roughly 1-2 weeks after submitting my clearance paperwork which would have allowed me to receive a FJO immediately if there was not a freeze. I was not interviewed or called upon to review any details regarding my security package.
Jason Johnston  
#197 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 10:28:56 AM(UTC)
Jason Johnston

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/12/2017(UTC)
Posts: 56
Man
United States
Location: Alabama

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Just received Equip email.
capucha  
#198 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 2:44:00 PM(UTC)
capucha

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/2/2017(UTC)
Posts: 10
United States
Location: Utah

I received my FO today. Hopefully everyone else gets their soon.
Jessica Phar  
#199 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 2:55:41 PM(UTC)
Jessica Phar

Rank: Rookie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/27/2017(UTC)
Posts: 34
United States

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Congrats!! How long ago did you send in your eQUIP? I did mine on Monday and am waiting.
capucha  
#200 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 2:58:58 PM(UTC)
capucha

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/2/2017(UTC)
Posts: 10
United States
Location: Utah

Originally Posted by: Jessica Phar Go to Quoted Post
Congrats!! How long ago did you send in your eQUIP? I did mine on Monday and am waiting.


I sent it in on May 17th, was informed May 19th that I passed the initial part of it and should expect a firm offer this week, which came today.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest
25 Pages«<89101112>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.


This page was generated in 1.981 seconds.