Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Training and Certification

Whether you want to improve your skills, boost your resume or prepare for a new job opportunity, training and certification programs and resources can help you achieve your goals. With the right program and resource, you will be more productive and this will help you climb the career ladder.

Here is a forum to ask questions about a particular program, to exchange insight on which is the right training, to share which certifications are the best to attain, to seek out what to do first, and to offer recommendations to others.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
whatsapro  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 9:20:14 AM(UTC)
whatsapro

Groups: Registered

Hello community.

I have been working for the Air Force for over 13 years now and just transitioned into a 1515 Ops Researcher position. I am very new in the S&E community. I am curious to know what types of programs, schools, development options are out there? Can I get Tuition Assistance for a Technical Master's degree if I already have a MBA?

In general, what are some cool perks to being on the Science & Engineering side of the house? If any.

Thanks.
Engineer1111  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 22, 2017 6:14:50 PM(UTC)
Engineer1111

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Honestly, I don't think there are that many more opportunities for engineers and scientists than there are for ORSAs and mathematicians. In the DoD, many positions are interdisciplinary and can be filled by an engineer or an ORSA. The only exceptions seem to be specialized positions.

As far as learning the job, take advantage of whatever training your command will pay for. Talk to some of your co-workers who have been doing the job for a while and see what they have done that has helped them expand their knowledge on the job. A lot of training the government pushes is simply "check the block". You're looking for information on training that will actually be helpful to you.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed