Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Defense

The Department of Defense (DoD) is charged with coordinating and supervising all agencies and functions of the government relating directly to national security and the United States armed forces. The mission of the Department of Defense is to provide the military forces needed to deter war and to protect the security of our country.

The Department of Defense is America's oldest and largest government agency -tracing its roots back to pre-Revolutionary times. Today, the Department is not only in charge of the military, but it also employs a civilian force of thousands. With over 1.4 million men and women on active duty, and 718,000 civilian personnel, DoD is the nation's largest employer. Another 1.1 million serve in the National Guard and Reserve forces. More than 2 million military retirees and their family members receive benefits.

Perhaps you are working for the DoD or interested in working for the DoD. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DoD.
18 Pages«<15161718>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WaitingOnClearance  
#321 Posted : Wednesday, July 12, 2017 8:19:47 PM(UTC)
WaitingOnClearance

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
How long does the TS/SCI clearance process take? If you are already a Federal employee, are you granted an interim or do they wait until the clearance process is complete to extend the final offer?

Edited by user Thursday, July 13, 2017 9:05:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jason Johnston  
#322 Posted : Thursday, July 13, 2017 2:36:10 AM(UTC)
Jason Johnston

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 14 post(s)
There is no poly, unless maybe if you are assigned to field detactment. My onboardingclass was 58 people with no field detatchmet.
thanks 2 users thanked Jason Johnston for this useful post.
Caliwoman on 7/13/2017(UTC), WaitingOnClearance on 7/13/2017(UTC)
Jason Johnston  
#323 Posted : Thursday, July 13, 2017 5:59:44 PM(UTC)
Jason Johnston

Man
United States

Everyone going to training don't stress about it. It is fun. Nice hotel, 69 a day to eat, and you learn alot about DCAA. It is a great agency to work at. First week is hr stuff and second week is a very basic intro to auditing. Even if you have tons of experience in public accounting, a masters and a cpa it will be new. The federal government is its own beast. Everyone will be learning baby steps. There is nothing hard your first two weeks. They rotate 5 or 6 hotels. The goverment cant use just one and play favorites. First time I was at Embassy Suites Perimeter center. Secong round I will be at the Marriot. Bus picks you up at 7 takes you to class and brings you back at 4. Hour lunch and 15 minute break every hour or so. Evenings and the weekend are yours. Easy money.

Edited by user Thursday, July 13, 2017 6:01:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users thanked Jason Johnston for this useful post.
Caliwoman on 7/13/2017(UTC), slowpoke on 7/14/2017(UTC), THX 1138 on 7/14/2017(UTC)
Humz  
#324 Posted : Thursday, July 13, 2017 7:00:59 PM(UTC)
Humz

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jason Johnston Go to Quoted Post
Everyone going to training don't stress about it. It is fun. Nice hotel, 69 a day to eat, and you learn alot about DCAA. It is a great agency to work at. First week is hr stuff and second week is a very basic intro to auditing. Even if you have tons of experience in public accounting, a masters and a cpa it will be new. The federal government is its own beast. Everyone will be learning baby steps. There is nothing hard your first two weeks. They rotate 5 or 6 hotels. The goverment cant use just one and play favorites. First time I was at Embassy Suites Perimeter center. Secong round I will be at the Marriot. Bus picks you up at 7 takes you to class and brings you back at 4. Hour lunch and 15 minute break every hour or so. Evenings and the weekend are yours. Easy money.

Good to hear that it's nice and easy the first two weeks. :)

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since my interview. Since it'll be mid-July, that's around the time that interviews nationwide should be finishing up. Let's hope we all hear good news soon!
Caliwoman  
#325 Posted : Thursday, July 13, 2017 7:44:14 PM(UTC)
Caliwoman

United States

Atlanta Marriot Perimeter Center?
Jason Johnston  
#326 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2017 2:47:16 AM(UTC)
Jason Johnston

Man
United States

yeah dcai is in perimeter/dunwoody area
thanks 1 user thanked Jason Johnston for this useful post.
Caliwoman on 7/14/2017(UTC)
sophiec  
#327 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2017 7:10:33 AM(UTC)
sophiec

United States

I applied for the position closed on 4/27. Interviewed on June 5th. Just called HR. Lady told me she sees "YES" on my application so I will get a tentative offer soon.
I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!! I thought I was not selected since I have not heard from DCAA. Hang in there!!
soupfed20  
#328 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2017 7:56:42 AM(UTC)
soupfed20

Originally Posted by: sophiec Go to Quoted Post
I applied for the position closed on 4/27. Interviewed on June 5th. Just called HR. Lady told me she sees "YES" on my application so I will get a tentative offer soon.
I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!! I thought I was not selected since I have not heard from DCAA. Hang in there!!

Congratulations!

Any idea how long it will take for your TO to be sent out?
Wura  
#329 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2017 8:04:03 AM(UTC)
Wura

United States

Originally Posted by: sophiec Go to Quoted Post

Congrats! Good to hear that the decisions are being finalized.
bosse  
#330 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2017 2:53:42 PM(UTC)
bosse

I received an offer this week as well.

I have a question, however. I am currently a grade 7 in the 0300 series since february. Will I become a GS 9 or stay GS 7 in february assuming my performance is acceptable?
slowpoke  
#331 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2017 4:58:57 PM(UTC)
slowpoke

Views messages in topic : 160
United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bosse Go to Quoted Post
I received an offer this week as well.

I have a question, however. I am currently a grade 7 in the 0300 series since february. Will I become a GS 9 or stay GS 7 in february assuming my performance is acceptable?

When you transition to a new agency your time in grade starts over. But you keep your leave SCD date.
Jason Johnston  
#332 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2017 5:21:40 PM(UTC)
Jason Johnston

Man
United States

Fyi, just because you have a clearance or background done from another agency you don't get processed quicker. The security people at dcai told me it is easier and sometimes faster to get an interum clearance when someone is hired off the street because many times it is faster for them to so their checks themselves than to wait on communication and requests from other government agencies. Just be patient, it will happen.
WaitingOnClearance  
#333 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2017 5:50:36 PM(UTC)
WaitingOnClearance

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Fyi, just because you have a clearance or background done from another agency you don't get processed quicker. The security people at dcai told me it is easier and sometimes faster to get an interum clearance when someone is hired off the street because many times it is faster for them to so their checks themselves than to wait on communication and requests from other government agencies. Just be patient, it will happen.

Interesting that makes sense. I am hoping going from a SSBI to SSBI is smooth sailing and FAST!!! Which is why I am trying to avoid the lengthy TS process, it took 1.5 years to get a Secret I don't even want to do the TS process now.
Jason Johnston  
#334 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2017 5:53:43 PM(UTC)
Jason Johnston

Man
United States

All you need is the interim to work who cares how long it takes. It doesnt affect us one bit, i havent heard any mention of security clearance since I started, just about getting the interim to get your FO.
thanks 1 user thanked Jason Johnston for this useful post.
Caliwoman on 7/14/2017(UTC)
Humz  
#335 Posted : Saturday, July 15, 2017 6:29:39 AM(UTC)
Humz

United States

Would it be possible to pass the interim but then fail the sf86 after you start working?
slowpoke  
#336 Posted : Saturday, July 15, 2017 8:34:51 AM(UTC)
slowpoke

United States

Originally Posted by: Humz Go to Quoted Post
Would it be possible to pass the interim but then fail the sf86 after you start working?

Some are being given waivers to start training and work and don't know what happens if there is a negative adjudication. There are some auditors with no clearances, so I dont know if they can reassign you or if they show you the door.
thanks 1 user thanked slowpoke for this useful post.
Caliwoman on 7/16/2017(UTC)
slowpoke  
#337 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 2:24:52 AM(UTC)
slowpoke

United States

Is it just me or is the new hire website down?
THX 1138  
#338 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 4:00:40 AM(UTC)
THX 1138

United States

Originally Posted by: slowpoke Go to Quoted Post
Is it just me or is the new hire website down?

Yes. PM sent because I'm not sure if the URL is meant to be public or not... The search results still show the old site, but not the new one.

Edited by user Monday, July 17, 2017 4:10:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

THX 1138  
#339 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 3:43:02 PM(UTC)
THX 1138

United States

...and now the new hire site is back at the old URL...
bosse  
#340 Posted : Tuesday, July 18, 2017 5:14:03 AM(UTC)
bosse

If I wanted to start next month, I would need interim security clearance? Have you guys been granted interim or have you all been given clearance already?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed