Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Contractors

Are you one of the millions who work for Uncle Sam but is not employeed by him? If so, then you are part of the federal contrators' world. This forum is created to allow contrators to share experiences and give insight to others.

FederalSoup is a FREE forum site dedicated to serving the needs of federal contractors, so please keep this forum on topic and focused. This will help make this community valuable. Thanks for your cooperation.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gr8American79  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 07, 2017 11:55:35 PM(UTC)
Gr8American79

Groups: Registered
Iraq

Hi all,

I submitted additional background info to get a VAR for a 3-letter agency contract. This was required in addition to the clearance, which I already possessed. Now I've been waiting post-CI interview about 3 months, but have no idea when I can expect this VAR to be granted. Can anyone tell me details about what a VAR is and why it is taking so long or any other relevant details? My frustration stems from the fact that I already had the required clearance to begin with after waiting a long time to get it, and now that I have it, I am required to wait for an additional long period of time for even more scrutiny and approval/clearance? Doesn't this seem insane?

Thanks!!
OSHKOSH  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 09, 2017 12:15:14 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Visit Access Request. It has nothing to do with your security clearance. It differs form agency to agency, but it should not take 3 months. Have you contacted your agency sponsor? Since most only require a minimum background check and confirmation from the sponsor, the two most likely reasons would be an unfavorable background check, or sponsor failed to submit the required information.
Gr8American79  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 3:04:07 AM(UTC)
Gr8American79

Iraq

Thanks for your reply! I don't think that's what it is because I submitted extra background info for consideration, not just ID info. I talk to my sponsor every week and it's not an unfavorable background check nor did they forget to submit info. Can anyone else weigh in?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed