Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Relocating

Are you considering relocating your federal career - either by your choice or by Uncle Sam? There are practical issues and concerns to think about when deciding whether or not to relocate. Others have done it while still others have not. This forum will allow for all to offer their insight, post their questions, and help each other out.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Overseas  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2017 6:49:02 PM(UTC)
Overseas

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello,
Thank you in advance for any feedback.
How long does it normally take to hear back regarding relocation assistance? I asked about two weeks ago after receiving TO. I sent an email to HR to inquire and informed "still working on it".
Anyone requested this in the past and how long did it take. Has anyone waited this long to receive a "no".
Just curious. Don't want to get my hopes up of course.
DaVinci95  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2017 2:17:51 PM(UTC)
DaVinci95

United States

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 19 post(s)
The good news is it wasn't an immediate "no". The request has to work it's way up the chain of command, and it will sit on someone's desk every stop of the way until they get around to it. It can take anywhere from a few days to several weeks. I know it's frustrating, but be patient.
thanks 1 user thanked DaVinci95 for this useful post.
Overseas on 7/29/2017(UTC)
CareerSeeker17  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 09, 2017 1:55:54 PM(UTC)
CareerSeeker17

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Im just curious, who is the person you ask about a pay advance to help with relocation? I know the HHG part goes to the travel folk... I know I get per diem for my journey to the new base, but once I get there I will be in a hotel until I can close on a home. I read somewhere that you can request a pay advance to help with the costs, but who do you ask about that... pay roll? the HR person that sent you the offer? Im waiting on clearance, but Im trying to get my ducks in a row for everything else, that I can while Im waiting.
DaVinci95  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 10, 2017 5:07:10 AM(UTC)
DaVinci95

United States

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CareerSeeker17 Go to Quoted Post
Im just curious, who is the person you ask about a pay advance to help with relocation? I know the HHG part goes to the travel folk... I know I get per diem for my journey to the new base, but once I get there I will be in a hotel until I can close on a home. I read somewhere that you can request a pay advance to help with the costs, but who do you ask about that... pay roll? the HR person that sent you the offer? Im waiting on clearance, but Im trying to get my ducks in a row for everything else, that I can while Im waiting.

Ask the HR contact. They should either help you directly or send you to the correct person.
CareerSeeker17  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 10, 2017 6:12:44 AM(UTC)
CareerSeeker17

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I found some more info last night about that and it looks like it's only oconus that get the advance. So that won't work.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed