Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

8 Pages«<5678>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chriswt25  
#121 Posted : Wednesday, August 09, 2017 9:47:03 PM(UTC)
chriswt25

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ledestin Go to Quoted Post
I wonder what are the standards they look at when offering conversions. I thought seniority was important.

It is a combo of your last rating plus some points added for time of service

Say you had a 3.5 rating. Add 1.0 after one year add 1.25 after two years etc Maxes at 1.75

EXAMPLE - A person with a 3.5 review and 15 months service would be a 4.5 when it comes to selection rating

They start offering to the highest combo and work down the list. If people refuse they go to next lowest rated person.

You can ask local NTEU They have a list compiled where you stand when they start making offers.
kitkatma  
#122 Posted : Wednesday, August 09, 2017 10:34:17 PM(UTC)
kitkatma

United States

Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Originally Posted by: chriswt25 Go to Quoted Post
I wonder what are the standards they look at when offering conversions. I thought seniority was important.

Say you had a 3.5 rating. Add 1.0 after one year add 1.25 after two years etc Maxes at 1.75

EXAMPLE - A person with a 3.5 review and 15 months service would be a 4.5 when it comes to selection rating

They start offering to the highest combo and work down the list. If people refuse they go to next lowest rated person.

You can ask local NTEU They have a list compiled where you stand when they start making offers.

In the national union contract (Article 14 Section 3B) seniority points are as follows:

2 years = .5
3 years = 1.0
4 years = 1.33
5 + years = 1.67

If you are at the Kansas City Campus don't bother with the union office. Their current list is the one that was used for last years perm conversion because I went to get my current listing from them.
chriswt25  
#123 Posted : Wednesday, August 09, 2017 11:23:48 PM(UTC)
chriswt25

United States

Originally Posted by: kitkatma Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: chriswt25 Go to Quoted Post

In the national union contract (Article 14 Section 3B) seniority points are as follows:

2 years = .5
3 years = 1.0
4 years = 1.33
5 + years = 1.67

If you are at the Kansas City Campus don't bother with the union office. Their current list is the one that was used for last years perm conversion because I went to get my current listing from them.

Thanks for posting the correct seniority points.

I would jump all over your local. They have to have an updated list before they make offers. Tell them you will call National NTEU if they won't cooperate.

Ledestin  
#124 Posted : Thursday, August 10, 2017 2:20:47 AM(UTC)
Ledestin

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Wow!! Didn't know that... thank you for your answers... I will check that list...😊
Hired 2015  
#125 Posted : Thursday, August 10, 2017 4:57:46 AM(UTC)
Hired 2015

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
My new hire team all got the exact same 3.0 annual review despite the fact many on the team had perfect call reviews while others didn't. It wouldn't make any difference if every call was spot on perfect as newbies for years are kept at 3.0 which contributes to high turnover. The last conversion at my site had 5+ years as a seasonal. Its all about the numbers until its time for the annual review that decides who gets perm conversion than its a 3.0 rating. Perm conversion at my site is pretty much not doable. That is OK because many of the seasonals at my site don't want perm and those that do seem to land on performance reviews. At my site the seasonal wish lists include a firm Jan-April contract where they would work part time off season or they want more flex hours, mixed tour of duty. Schedules are cast in stone, reviews will be 3.0 Management only wants the numbers and people burn out in the constant revolving door. It becomes just the question when is furlough where people want to know to plan for their future state.
ClassicBlue  
#126 Posted : Thursday, August 10, 2017 2:48:56 PM(UTC)
ClassicBlue

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Hired 2015 Go to Quoted Post
My new hire team all got the exact same 3.0 annual review despite the fact many on the team had perfect call reviews while others didn't. It wouldn't make any difference if every call was spot on perfect as newbies for years are kept at 3.0 which contributes to high turnover. The last conversion at my site had 5+ years as a seasonal. Its all about the numbers until its time for the annual review that decides who gets perm conversion than its a 3.0 rating. Perm conversion at my site is pretty much not doable. That is OK because many of the seasonals at my site don't want perm and those that do seem to land on performance reviews. At my site the seasonal wish lists include a firm Jan-April contract where they would work part time off season or they want more flex hours, mixed tour of duty. Schedules are cast in stone, reviews will be 3.0 Management only wants the numbers and people burn out in the constant revolving door. It becomes just the question when is furlough where people want to know to plan for their future state.

Which site are you at? :(

chriswt25  
#127 Posted : Thursday, August 10, 2017 3:19:58 PM(UTC)
chriswt25

United States

Wow!! Didn't know that... thank you for your answers... I will check that list...😊

Another factor on perm conversions (as part of the contract) is, if a person had prior IRS service as a non-CSR and leaves, then comes back as a CSR, that prior service jumps them up with the seniority point factor.

So, a new CSR with one yearly review of 3.0, could be a 4.67 if they had 5 years prior employment.
Hired 2015  
#128 Posted : Thursday, August 10, 2017 3:34:51 PM(UTC)
Hired 2015

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
The IRS doesn't give credit for non-government employment as many agencies do. My curriculum vitae has over 25 years of tax, accounting and information system with a college degree. Time in grade is a huge barrier for well qualified professionals. The enrolled agent says I don't need tax training. I was furious that our entire team got 3.0 reviews. I can get a job at the box retailers and get that. This is just a job. Frankly I can have the certainty of the end of the season in the private sector. Thinking I will work retail for the holidays to transition to another job.
phillysteak  
#129 Posted : Friday, August 11, 2017 12:27:54 PM(UTC)
phillysteak

we have offer for perm conversion here at Philadelphia today.
Ledestin  
#130 Posted : Tuesday, August 15, 2017 8:13:10 AM(UTC)
Ledestin

Anything on early furlough?
LieutenantBlantyre  
#131 Posted : Tuesday, August 15, 2017 9:06:44 AM(UTC)
LieutenantBlantyre

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 106 time(s) in 91 post(s)
Anything on early furlough?

Unless you refused to sign the season extension at Cleveland, you'll be staying through the end of FY2017. If there is a budget miracle, extension beyond September 30th could happen. The odds of that are as close as the Cleveland Indians winning the World Series, though.
thanks 1 user thanked LieutenantBlantyre for this useful post.
kitkatma on 8/15/2017(UTC)
buddy10  
#132 Posted : Tuesday, August 15, 2017 10:58:31 AM(UTC)
buddy10

United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
No word in Andover. I'm leaving at the end of the agreement.
ruedashear  
#133 Posted : Tuesday, August 15, 2017 11:38:17 AM(UTC)
ruedashear

United States

Does anyone know, if once you get hired as a seasonal Contact Representative, if you then have access to apply internally to other permanent positions, for example Internal revenue agents?

Thank you
Ledestin  
#134 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 2:31:43 PM(UTC)
Ledestin

As far as I know... yes ,you can apply for internal jobs.
thanks 1 user thanked Ledestin for this useful post.
ruedashear on 8/17/2017(UTC)
Career_seeker93  
#135 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2017 6:21:11 PM(UTC)
Career_seeker93

United States

Furlough rumor at BSC is Sept 1st. Just got recall numbers. Let's see what happens.
bryIRSguy  
#136 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 3:36:02 AM(UTC)
bryIRSguy

^^^^ News to us..... we are signing extensions to our seasonal agreement next wed, th, and Friday. Those are to extend us through the end of September.
kitkatma  
#137 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 6:41:06 AM(UTC)
kitkatma

United States

Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 41 post(s)
KCSC handed out the recall numbers, but we are still doing a perm conversion, so the #'s we are getting are incorrect. We sign our extensions last month for the end of Sept. They are training the FY17 newbies in transcripts to keep them here til the end of Sept.
Career_seeker93  
#138 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 11:10:28 AM(UTC)
Career_seeker93

United States

We got our extention in May to go to the end of September and they corrected our numbers already. Maybe all the service centers don't go at once.
phillysteak  
#139 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 12:17:40 PM(UTC)
phillysteak

we didn't get any recall number yet, just that extension until the end of September last month. I don't mind if it is until September 1st. Time to prep for the vacation then. lololz
Kh20  
#140 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 12:36:42 PM(UTC)
Kh20

Has anyone heard when we will be called back ?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed