Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DHS

The Department of Homeland Security has a vital mission: to secure the nation from the many threats we face. This requires the dedication of more than 230,000 employees in jobs that range from aviation and border security to emergency response, from cybersecurity analyst to chemical facility inspector. [Their] duties are wide-ranging, but [their] goal is clear: keeping America safe. (source: www.dhs.gov)

Perhaps you are working for the DHS or interested in working for the DHS. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DHS.

417 Pages«<414415416417>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Saveurtropicale  
#8301 Posted : Monday, August 07, 2017 5:26:56 PM(UTC)
Saveurtropicale

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: USCIS_Hopeful Go to Quoted Post
I received a tentative offer today via email for an ISO job at the NBC. Good luck to everyone else!

Thanks for sharing and congratulations! I haven't received any offer so far :(
nelcom17  
#8302 Posted : Monday, August 07, 2017 6:03:41 PM(UTC)
nelcom17

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Does anyone know anything about the current Nebraska Service Center hiring process for ISO 1s?

Seems they take a while.

Nick
Patriot1990  
#8303 Posted : Monday, August 07, 2017 6:47:38 PM(UTC)
Patriot1990

United States

Has anyone here received any updates for ISO 1 at the Dallas Field office? My supervisor informed me that she missed a call from Homeland Security today and will call them back first thing in the morning. I'm hoping this is a good sign. I completed a phone interview almost exactly two weeks ago.
Rfr17  
#8304 Posted : Tuesday, August 08, 2017 7:29:51 AM(UTC)
Rfr17

Anybody have any experience at any of the call centers? I have an interview scheduled soon for an ISO 1 position
Saveurtropicale  
#8305 Posted : Tuesday, August 08, 2017 2:29:34 PM(UTC)
Saveurtropicale

Originally Posted by: ssksd1210 Go to Quoted Post
Also referred for the NBC announcement and haven't heard anything back since I completed the writing assessment. I have heard that NBC doesn't do interviews for mass hires so they may be getting ready to get offers out hopefully :)

Have you finally heard from the NBC announcement? it seems that they started sending out Tentative Offers yesterday. I am anxiously waiting to see if I will get an offer by the end of this week.
millennialfalcon  
#8306 Posted : Tuesday, August 08, 2017 7:40:10 PM(UTC)
millennialfalcon

United States

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Rfr17 Go to Quoted Post
Anybody have any experience at any of the call centers? I have an interview scheduled soon for an ISO 1 position

Nope but I knew an ISO over there. I'm assuming your talking about the Eastern Call center? Since you're in NY already you could consider this in-the-bag, the COL in NYC is so ridiculous compared to the pay that they get relatively few applicants per opening for entry level positions.

Call center ISO is a pretty good position to start with, you get to learn a lot about many/most of the form types USCIS works with, and you have several large FO's/Asylum Offices close by if you decide to go that route.

Remember STAR/CCAR and you'll do fine.
mukiwa  
#8307 Posted : Wednesday, August 09, 2017 3:52:55 AM(UTC)
mukiwa

United States

Originally Posted by: millennialfalcon Go to Quoted Post

Nope but I knew an ISO over there. I'm assuming your talking about the Eastern Call center? Since you're in NY already you could consider this in-the-bag, the COL in NYC is so ridiculous compared to the pay that they get relatively few applicants per opening for entry level positions.

Call center ISO is a pretty good position to start with, you get to learn a lot about many/most of the form types USCIS works with, and you have several large FO's/Asylum Offices close by if you decide to go that route.

I interviewed in person for this position this week and was informed that 85 people were being interviewed. The original posting stated that there were three positions open. I'm not sure if that is a positive ratio or not.
Rfr17  
#8308 Posted : Wednesday, August 09, 2017 5:14:31 AM(UTC)
Rfr17

Originally Posted by: mukiwa Go to Quoted Post

I interviewed in person for this position this week and was informed that 85 people were being interviewed. The original posting stated that there were three positions open. I'm not sure if that is a positive ratio or not.

Howd your interview go? Any pointers?
mukiwa  
#8309 Posted : Wednesday, August 09, 2017 5:34:05 AM(UTC)
mukiwa

United States

It went well...thank you for asking. It was mostly just your run of the mill situational/behavioral interview questions. With a few others relating to customer service and the job itself. The two people conducting the interview were extremely affable, so any nervousness was immediately quashed by their friendly demeanor. There was also a short writing sample following the interview. Best of luck to you!

Rfr17  
#8310 Posted : Wednesday, August 09, 2017 6:01:56 AM(UTC)
Rfr17

It went well...thank you for asking. It was mostly just your run of the mill situational/behavioral interview questions. With a few others relating to customer service and the job itself. The two people conducting the interview were extremely affable, so any nervousness was immediately quashed by their friendly demeanor. There was also a short writing sample following the interview. Best of luck to you!

Good to hear your interview went well. Is the writing sample a scenario based question or is it the typical why do you want to work with us?

mukiwa  
#8311 Posted : Wednesday, August 09, 2017 6:09:33 AM(UTC)
mukiwa

United States

Good to hear your interview went well. Is the writing sample a scenario based question or is it the typical why do you want to work with us?

The latter.
ssksd1210  
#8312 Posted : Saturday, August 12, 2017 3:50:06 PM(UTC)
ssksd1210

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Saveurtropicale Go to Quoted Post
Also referred for the NBC announcement and haven't heard anything back since I completed the writing assessment. I have heard that NBC doesn't do interviews for mass hires so they may be getting ready to get offers out hopefully :)

Have you finally heard from the NBC announcement? it seems that they started sending out Tentative Offers yesterday. I am anxiously waiting to see if I will get an offer by the end of this week.

Hey there, sorry for the late reply, I have also received a TO. Good luck to everyone else who applied
thanks 1 user thanked ssksd1210 for this useful post.
Saveurtropicale on 8/13/2017(UTC)
Saveurtropicale  
#8313 Posted : Sunday, August 13, 2017 10:05:16 AM(UTC)
Saveurtropicale

Thank you for your reply ssksd1210 and congrats! I did not receive any TO, and I guess after one week they must have sent all the TOs. Good luck to everyone who got a TO!
Patriot1990  
#8314 Posted : Sunday, August 13, 2017 5:28:24 PM(UTC)
Patriot1990

United States

Congratulations to everyone that has received a TO--for any ISO vacancy. And to those that haven't yet, I wish you all the best.

A question on the notification of a TO: Will there always be an email sent out to the candidate before receiving a TO that they are a top candidate for the vacancy?

My current supervisor was contacted last week and I'm wondering if I should be expecting that email before any TO is extended.
imbadatthis  
#8315 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 3:45:03 PM(UTC)
imbadatthis

United States

How long after interviewing did it take to get a TO? I ask because I interviewed about a month and a half ago and my references were contacted.
USCIS_Hopeful  
#8316 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 5:45:04 PM(UTC)
USCIS_Hopeful

United States

Originally Posted by: Saveurtropicale Go to Quoted Post

Hey there, sorry for the late reply, I have also received a TO. Good luck to everyone else who applied

Congratulations, ssksd1210! When is your EOD date? Mine is September 17th (starting on the 18th).

fedguyCA  
#8317 Posted : Tuesday, August 15, 2017 7:34:24 AM(UTC)
fedguyCA

United States

Originally Posted by: imbadatthis Go to Quoted Post
How long after interviewing did it take to get a TO? I ask because I interviewed about a month and a half ago and my references were contacted.

They're backed up currently.
Usually, it can happen within 2 weeks after the interview, but it's not uncommon for it to take several weeks.
FLMAN  
#8318 Posted : Tuesday, August 15, 2017 1:36:19 PM(UTC)
FLMAN

United States

I have attached a copy of your tentative selection letter. You will be contacted by USCIS Office of Security and Integrity (OSI) regarding the required background investigation for your position. This process requires submission of forms to OSI and failure to do so within the allotted period will result in the withdrawal of this employment offer.

Thank you and welcome to Citizenship and Immigration Services.

This is for PJN-10011502-NBC in Lee’s Summit, MO Good Luck Everyone!

Edited by user Tuesday, August 15, 2017 1:53:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Saveurtropicale  
#8319 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 3:50:52 AM(UTC)
Saveurtropicale

Originally Posted by: FLMAN Go to Quoted Post
I have attached a copy of your tentative selection letter. You will be contacted by USCIS Office of Security and Integrity (OSI) regarding the required background investigation for your position. This process requires submission of forms to OSI and failure to do so within the allotted period will result in the withdrawal of this employment offer.

Thank you and welcome to Citizenship and Immigration Services.

This is for PJN-10011502-NBC in Lee’s Summit, MO Good Luck Everyone!

So, they are still sending out TO's! Was this for GS 5,7, or 9?
FLMAN  
#8320 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 6:37:35 AM(UTC)
FLMAN

United States

This was for GS 7. Am transferring from an other agency within DHS.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed