Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RyanOhio13  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 6:03:36 AM(UTC)
RyanOhio13

Groups: Registered
United States

Does anyone have first hand experience with a child born with Spina Bifida? I'm considering changing my healthcare plan to whatever is best suited to deal with long term, reoccurring, and highly expensive medical procedures and therapy from infancy to adulthood. I have NOT contacted the BEST servicing team at AFPC yet but plan to do that in addition to comparing the health plan options on OPM's website. Really looking for first hand experience to lean on. Thanks everyone.

Sincerely,
Ryan
thalweg  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 30, 2017 9:31:21 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I do not have any direct experience with a child with that illness. The most important thing that I would want in your shoes is access to the providers that I think will be the best of my child's care. With that in mind I urge you to carefully look at the provider networks of the different plans and make sure that the providers that you know you want are on the list and that there is a wide range of choices should you decide to get care from different or additional providers. The nationwide fee-for-service plans tend in my experience to have a greater choice of providers than the state or regional HMOs.
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
RyanOhio13 on 10/2/2017(UTC)
OUtside  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 5, 2017 8:21:23 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 51 post(s)
I think that is a great idea and also it would be a good chance network providers can suggest which insurance sources tends to offer the better coverage you are looking for. Even with this, you would have to do your homework like reading brochures and asking specific questions of the insurance carriers. I would also recommend Checkbook at your agency or available on line for a modest fee.
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
RyanOhio13 on 10/5/2017(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed