Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cjc2016  
#41 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 2:06:03 AM(UTC)
cjc2016

Groups: Registered

Thanks Massgone, appreciate it.
TheRealOrange  
#42 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 3:57:30 AM(UTC)
TheRealOrange

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Originally Posted by: crimsoneros Go to Quoted Post
Yes. That did the trick. Thanks Hey Dude and Massgone2015. So the answer to my query is if furloughed after 6 months and only being a resident of Mass. for 2 quarters (6 months) I would be eligible for UC. They have a formula for how much.

I just realized that if I get this job in Andover, my entire working life will have all been done in Commonwealths: Pennsylvania, Virginia and now Massachusetts. I think thats the only 3.

Technically, I think Kentucky is also a Commonwealth. :)
cjc2016  
#43 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 6:46:22 AM(UTC)
cjc2016

Can anyone give us newbies an idea of what the work environment is like? Mix of younger and older people? Good camaraderie? Do people socialize outside of work? Some of you seem to have been there awhile, so I'm assuming you like your job. But I've had good jobs that I dreaded going to because of the work environment and vice versa. Just wondering for the overall feel of the Andover workplace. I realize this might be something people don't want to broadcast in public, but I thought it was worth a shot.
chriswt25  
#44 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 7:02:50 AM(UTC)
chriswt25

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cjc2016 Go to Quoted Post
Can anyone give us newbies an idea of what the work environment is like? Mix of younger and older people? Good camaraderie? Do people socialize outside of work? Some of you seem to have been there awhile, so I'm assuming you like your job. But I've had good jobs that I dreaded going to because of the work environment and vice versa. Just wondering for the overall feel of the Andover workplace. I realize this might be something people don't want to broadcast in public, but I thought it was worth a shot.

I will be perfectly honest

1) More older than younger (Young tend to leave)
2) Camaraderie (Depends on the team you get assigned to. Generally lots of antipathy between workers and management)
3) Socialize outside work (Little to none as groups)
thanks 1 user thanked chriswt25 for this useful post.
cjc2016 on 10/12/2017(UTC)
cjc2016  
#45 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 7:35:42 AM(UTC)
cjc2016

Appreciate it, Chris.
RodoHinote  
#46 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 12:33:02 PM(UTC)
RodoHinote

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Just submitted EQiP this morning. That's where I'm at in the process.

I’m still awaiting my invite to e-Quip. How long does it normally take to get the invite and the fingerprinting started? I accepted the TO early last week.
RodoHinote  
#47 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 12:40:38 PM(UTC)
RodoHinote

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: chriswt25 Go to Quoted Post

2) Camaraderie (Depends on the team you get assigned to. Generally lots of antipathy between workers and management)

I too want to know what the worksite is like in Andover. How is the management / employee relationship there? Is it welcoming or are you always made to keep to yourself?
crimsoneros  
#48 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 1:20:33 PM(UTC)
crimsoneros

United States

There was about 2 weeks after I submitted the onboarding paperwork, then an email to schedule fingerprinting and photo; about another 2 weeks before I received invite to do EQIP.
chriswt25  
#49 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 1:33:51 PM(UTC)
chriswt25

United States

Originally Posted by: RodoHinote Go to Quoted Post

I too want to know what the worksite is like in Andover. How is the management / employee relationship there? Is it welcoming or are you always made to keep to yourself?

Like in point 2 about camaraderie, it varies widely team to team. Many allow no interaction AT ALL between team members. Others have a more laid back policy with this. Each team has a lead employee, who will be your source for technical questions, BUT you need to fully research anything you are working on BEFORE you go to the lead for help.

They expect people to research your issues independently before you ask for help. It makes sense because the entire job is based on researching to get the correct answers. There is not one person in the entire IRS that could do their job properly without researching for answers. There are a zillion variables with the calls and cases.

I know you guys have a bunch of questions, but you really need to get here and let it fly. Bring lots of your headache remedy of choice

Edited by user Saturday, October 14, 2017 7:09:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked chriswt25 for this useful post.
RodoHinote on 10/14/2017(UTC)
LieutenantBlantyre  
#50 Posted : Saturday, October 14, 2017 10:46:31 AM(UTC)
LieutenantBlantyre

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 102 post(s)

I know you guys have a bunch of questions, but you really need to get here and let it fly. Bring lots of your headache remedy of choice

I should not have to say this but experience says it is wise to throw this reminder out there. No alcoholic headache remedies are suggested on duty, at least.
RodoHinote  
#51 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 5:07:08 PM(UTC)
RodoHinote

Man
United States

Update..... I just scheduled for fingerprints. The appointment is set for the second week in November :)! Now waiting on e-Quip. *crickets*

Edited by user Tuesday, October 17, 2017 5:09:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

crimsoneros  
#52 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2017 11:20:53 AM(UTC)
crimsoneros

United States

Alright ! I received the firm offer email this morning. EOD is October 30th. Be there at 7:00 AM for Orientation. TOD will be 4:00 PM to 12:30 AM October 31st.
chriswt25  
#53 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2017 12:16:31 PM(UTC)
chriswt25

United States

Alright ! I received the firm offer email this morning. EOD is October 30th. Be there at 7:00 AM for Orientation. TOD will be 4:00 PM to 12:30 AM October 31st.

Congrats. You will receive 10% night differential pay for the time after 6:00 PM

Edited by user Thursday, October 19, 2017 12:17:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

crimsoneros  
#54 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2017 12:40:39 PM(UTC)
crimsoneros

United States

Thanks Chris, and thanks for all the info you've provided in this thread over the last few weeks. You've been very cordial and helpful to us all. I believe I speak on behalf of a few others on here in appreciation. I'm Mark F. by the way and I'll see you at the work site perhaps.
chriswt25  
#55 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2017 2:02:29 PM(UTC)
chriswt25

United States

Thanks Chris, and thanks for all the info you've provided in this thread over the last few weeks. You've been very cordial and helpful to us all. I believe I speak on behalf of a few others on here in appreciation. I'm Mark F. by the way and I'll see you at the work site perhaps.

No problem at all Mark. I am Chris. Chances are slim with meeting, I work day shift, so I am gone by 2:30. Right now I am on furlough. I am someone that chooses to remain as a seasonal employee. You will find a mix of people. Some can't wait for an opportunity to convert to perm and others that want nothing to do with perm status.

After your first season, as a Customer Support Rep, they usually will give you an option to switch to days, if you want.

Edited by user Thursday, October 19, 2017 2:06:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed