Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<34567>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
clamy  
#81 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 8:31:57 AM(UTC)
clamy

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Question for anybody. How soon after final CPC visit did you receive FJO? If you already had a clearance?
leges  
#82 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 9:50:54 AM(UTC)
leges

United States

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: clamy Go to Quoted Post
Question for anybody. How soon after final CPC visit did you receive FJO? If you already had a clearance?

Take a look at the "BI, Adjudicaton, FO" thread.
It's looking like no one is getting an FJO until about 3 months or more after CPC.
thanks 1 user thanked leges for this useful post.
rebels8 on 5/30/2017(UTC)
TMHTE  
#83 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2017 1:16:43 PM(UTC)
TMHTE

United States

Was thanked: 145 time(s) in 105 post(s)
Having a clearance doesn't help you unless you already work at the agency and it's currently in-scope. Everybody else has to wait a while.
Yukon3  
#84 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 3:25:57 AM(UTC)
Yukon3

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 36 post(s)
WOOOOOweee it's THURSDAY. Channeling my inner Chevy. Time for some resurrection. Let's get some HUMINTers/CI off this board. #FJOThursday

Edited by user Thursday, October 12, 2017 3:30:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Yukon3 for this useful post.
rebels8 on 10/12/2017(UTC)
Chevy82  
#85 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 3:45:28 AM(UTC)
Chevy82

Was thanked: 476 time(s) in 378 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Yukon3 Go to Quoted Post
WOOOOOweee it's THURSDAY. Channeling my inner Chevy. Time for some resurrection. Let's get some HUMINTers/CI off this board. #FJOThursday

Hahahaha 😂😂🤣🤣

Let's GOOOOOO
thanks 1 user thanked Chevy82 for this useful post.
rebels8  
#86 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 7:04:10 AM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Yukon3 Go to Quoted Post

We should all be channeling our inner Chevy!

Edited by user Thursday, October 12, 2017 9:20:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#AllDIAlivesmatter
HeyVern  
#87 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 8:06:51 AM(UTC)
HeyVern

United States

Was thanked: 163 time(s) in 116 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rebels8 Go to Quoted Post

It would be especially useful for us Mission Management people.

Yeah but folks here are talking HUMINT.
thanks 3 users thanked HeyVern for this useful post.
tekjoe123 on 10/12/2017(UTC), Chevy82 on 10/12/2017(UTC), VandalScandals on 10/12/2017(UTC)
rebels8  
#88 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 9:10:19 AM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: HeyVern Go to Quoted Post

That's why I said "We...all." For all career fields.

Edited by user Thursday, October 12, 2017 10:32:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#AllDIAlivesmatter
HeyVern  
#89 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 9:19:20 AM(UTC)
HeyVern

United States

Originally Posted by: HeyVern Go to Quoted Post

That's why I said "We all." For all career fields.

K.
thanks 1 user thanked HeyVern for this useful post.
Kd17  
#90 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 10:09:23 AM(UTC)
Kd17

United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
What's the difference between HUMINT and Analyst? Aren't they basically the same thing?
TMHTE  
#91 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 3:51:21 PM(UTC)
TMHTE

United States

Of the many professions those jobs can be compared to, journalism is the closest to what HUMINT actually does whereas analysts are the newscasters.

Edited by user Thursday, October 12, 2017 3:52:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked TMHTE for this useful post.
rebels8 on 10/12/2017(UTC), Kd17 on 10/13/2017(UTC)
Kd17  
#92 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 5:28:13 PM(UTC)
Kd17

United States

Originally Posted by: TMHTE Go to Quoted Post
Of the many professions those jobs can be compared to, journalism is the closest to what HUMINT actually does whereas analysts are the newscasters.

So it's more of a reason/collection position and analyst just present the information?
UX1192  
#93 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 5:32:24 PM(UTC)
UX1192

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 55 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kd17 Go to Quoted Post

So it's more of a reason/collection position and analyst just present the information?

HumInt collects it, Analysts put it together and verify it to tell a truthful story
thanks 2 users thanked UX1192 for this useful post.
rebels8 on 10/12/2017(UTC), Kd17 on 10/13/2017(UTC)
rebels8  
#94 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 5:50:57 PM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Here are descriptions of different DIA career fields from the DIA website, including HUMINT and Analysis:

http://www.dia.mil/Careers/Mission-Areas/
#AllDIAlivesmatter
thanks 1 user thanked rebels8 for this useful post.
Kd17 on 10/13/2017(UTC)
HeyVern  
#95 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 4:16:54 AM(UTC)
HeyVern

United States

Originally Posted by: Kaliino Go to Quoted Post
What's the difference between HUMINT and Analyst? Aren't they basically the same thing?

How DARE you...

Who dafuq is that guy?
TMHTE  
#96 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 2:27:18 PM(UTC)
TMHTE

United States

Kinda sorta. Basically, HUMINT officers run around setting up meetings with people and talking to them, then go back to their desk and write a report about what was talked about. Other HUMINT officers don't collect but manage collection requirements and liaise with analysts. Analyst officers collate that raw information in conjunction with information from a variety of other sources and produce intelligence for policymakers and operational decision makers. Generally speaking, HUMINT works in the DO and analysts work in the DI. Your specific duties are entirely dependent on your billet in either (i.e. a HUMINTer who collects in war zones every day won't have the same job as a HUMINTer who manages targeting information back in Washington, an analyst who works in the field out of an embassy won't have the same job as an analyst who briefs the SECDEF daily).

It gets even more muddled in the CI world. All CI officers (investigators, operators, collectors, analysts, technical/functional) work in the DO because CI is an inherently operational field. A policymaker who is told by a CI analyst that Country X is engaging in double agent ops against Country Y won't care because there isn't really anything he can do from a policy standpoint about that. A CI collector or investigator will definitely care though, because it may affect our HUMINT ops down the line.

Edited by user Friday, October 13, 2017 2:42:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users thanked TMHTE for this useful post.
rebels8 on 10/13/2017(UTC), thejoker on 10/13/2017(UTC), Kd17 on 10/13/2017(UTC)
Kd17  
#97 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 6:42:41 PM(UTC)
Kd17

United States

Kinda sorta. Basically, HUMINT officers run around setting up meetings with people and talking to them, then go back to their desk and write a report about what was talked about. Other HUMINT officers don't collect but manage collection requirements and liaise with analysts. Analyst officers collate that raw information in conjunction with information from a variety of other sources and produce intelligence for policymakers and operational decision makers. Generally speaking, HUMINT works in the DO and analysts work in the DI. Your specific duties are entirely dependent on your billet in either (i.e. a HUMINTer who collects in war zones every day won't have the same job as a HUMINTer who manages targeting information back in Washington, an analyst who works in the field out of an embassy won't have the same job as an analyst who briefs the SECDEF daily).

It gets even more muddled in the CI world. All CI officers (investigators, operators, collectors, analysts, technical/functional) work in the DO because CI is an inherently operational field. A policymaker who is told by a CI analyst that Country X is engaging in double agent ops against Country Y won't care because there isn't really anything he can do from a policy standpoint about that. A CI collector or investigator will definitely care though, because it may affect our HUMINT ops down the line.

Wow, thanks for the indept explanation! I'm really excited for this career field. Hopefully we all hear from HR sooner since this is the new fiscal year.

thanks 1 user thanked Kd17 for this useful post.
rebels8 on 10/13/2017(UTC)
Chevy82  
#98 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 6:47:18 PM(UTC)
Chevy82

TMHTE can I PM you some questions about CI?
Chevy82  
#99 Posted : Saturday, October 14, 2017 6:59:50 AM(UTC)
Chevy82

It might be of interest to some of you that once you're hired, you're not locked into one field/specialty.

For example, as a Mission Manager, I am eligible to attend the DoD CI Special Agent Course, in about a year.

That will open opportunities for me to transfer to the Office of Counterintelligence (OCI), within DO.

It's also possible to be a certain specialty/field and work in something else. AKA Analyst in a DO branch.

There's a nice list of all the "additional training" we are eligible for: Strategic Debriefing, Analysis, etc.

Technically, we are allowed to change specialties after one year, assuming we have received a recommendation.

Career specialty doesn't mean that much, it's mainly used to organize who all will be assigned to particular branches.

The organization structure is interesting. DIA has it's own language so if you have an INTEL background, expect to learn.

It has also been confirmed that we can apply to change our duty station and career field after the first two years.

In summary, there's a plethora of opportunities for new hires and communication is not nearly as bad, once you're in.

That's good info K money. I'm glad we can train outside our specialty, if there's one thing about the corporate world that really irritated me, it's when people say that's not my job, I don't need to know how to do that. I really enjoy learning things outside of my field of expertise, and to grow my abilities, and marketability. As well as to become a more well-rounded individual in my field of expertise and the intelligence feel as al corporate world that really irritated me, it's when people say that's not my job, I don't need to know how to do that. I really enjoy learning things outside of my field of expertise, and to grow my abilities, and marketability. As well as to become a more well-rounded individual in my field of expertise and the intelligence field overall.

Have they mentioned whether we will be able to attend courses such as the national intelligence university, as well as other courses during our first year and throughout the probation? I'm very curious if they only want us to take the entry level courses for our specialty and field to become qualified, or if we will be able to take advantage of language classes, and other opportunities available throughout the agency.
thanks 1 user thanked Chevy82 for this useful post.
rebels8 on 10/14/2017(UTC)
rebels8  
#100 Posted : Saturday, October 14, 2017 7:22:01 AM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Technically, we are allowed to change specialties after one year, assuming we have received a recommendation.

Career specialty doesn't mean that much, it's mainly used to organize who all will be assigned to particular branches.

From the descriptions on the DIA website, some of the MM career specialties seem to be kind of interchangeable. How often do people get a FJO in a MM career specialty other than those that they received a CJO for? How much overlap is there between the work of the different MM career specialties?

It has also been confirmed that we can apply to change our duty station and career field after the first two years.

What about overseas training and TDY opportunities for people stationed in DC or elsewhere in the US during their two-year probation period?

Edited by user Sunday, October 15, 2017 7:00:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#AllDIAlivesmatter
Rss Feed  Atom Feed