Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Interior

The U.S. Department of the Interior protects America’s natural resources and heritage, honors our cultures and tribal communities and supplies the energy to power our future.

The agency employs about 70,000 people in approximately 2,400 locations with offices across the United States, Puerto Rico, U.S. Territories and Freely Associated States.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
larryfergy6  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 01, 2017 4:06:59 PM(UTC)
larryfergy6

Groups: Registered
United States

I just found out that I was hired as a two year conditional employee after working full time year round and after working six years. The sf50 says that I must be made permanent after 2 years or if not do not pass go and I'm out.

Now I wonder who I can take this to without jeopardizing my position Thank you for any input
Tic3  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 02, 2017 4:44:38 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Originally Posted by: larryfergy6 Go to Quoted Post
I just found out that I was hired as a two year conditional employee after working full time year round and after working six years. The sf50 says that I must be made permanent after 2 years or if not do not pass go and I'm out.

Now I wonder who I can take this to without jeopardizing my position Thank you for any input

The vacancy announcement, your tentative offer letter, your formal offer, your original SF-50, and your in-processing paperwork should ALL have said your position was a TERM or temporary position.

I'm not sure what you are looking for when you ask who you can take this to, but before you try to take it to anyone, you might want to go back and review the announcement and all of the paperwork you received related to the job when you were first hired.
HR Bubba  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 02, 2017 11:06:36 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 151 time(s) in 118 post(s)
Were you hired under the VRA hiring authority? The phrase "must be made permanent after 2 years" is commonly associated with this hiring authority.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed