Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
88 Pages«<85868788>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Msdivers4  
#1721 Posted : Monday, November 06, 2017 1:42:38 PM(UTC)
Msdivers4

Groups: Registered
United States

Interview went well. Very professional.
zenryo  
#1722 Posted : Tuesday, November 07, 2017 7:27:59 AM(UTC)
zenryo

United States

That is great! Thanks for the feedback. Just playing the waiting game now.
futurefbiagent2018  
#1723 Posted : Tuesday, November 07, 2017 8:27:38 AM(UTC)
futurefbiagent2018

United States

Originally Posted by: Msdivers4 Go to Quoted Post
Interview went well. Very professional.

That's pretty genetic answer though lol we need more details. lol
futurefbiagent2018  
#1724 Posted : Tuesday, November 07, 2017 8:30:08 AM(UTC)
futurefbiagent2018

United States

Originally Posted by: jeosbo01 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: zenryo Go to Quoted Post
It was a fed and vets posting so I had a Secret in the Navy. Maybe that helps speed things?

I doubt it will. I currently hold a Secret and completed the process for a TS (complete with poly) early this year for a USPIS position (that I ended up having to turn down)...they told me my existing clearance would not transfer.

Yeah no don't expect a speedy process. Different agencies have different clearance/in-depth investigation requirements and doesn't transfer over. In some instances, if you held a high position w/ poly, some agencies will wave it, IF still within the time frame required and I've seen this happened/applied to military folks.
Msdivers4  
#1725 Posted : Tuesday, November 07, 2017 11:20:52 AM(UTC)
Msdivers4

United States

Yeah I know.
GearUp  
#1726 Posted : Tuesday, November 07, 2017 12:40:02 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 334 time(s) in 124 post(s)
futurefbiagent2018: Msdivers4's answer was generic. But it was generic for a reason. You can't and shouldn't divulge or disclose any specific information about the interview to anyone. As you can't and shouldn't divulge or disclose any information about the assessment tests.

Msdivers4: Excellent answer! Keep it vague and generic. Don't provide any specific information to anyone. Each applicant will find out in time what the interview and assessments are like.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 07, 2017 12:41:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: spelling issue

futurefbiagent2018  
#1727 Posted : Tuesday, November 07, 2017 12:44:24 PM(UTC)
futurefbiagent2018

United States

Originally Posted by: GearUp Go to Quoted Post
futurefbiagent2018: Msdivers4's answer was generic. But it was generic for a reason. You can't and shouldn't divulge or disclose any specific information about the interview to anyone. As you can't and shouldn't divulge or disclose any information about the assessment tests.

Msdivers4: Excellent answer! Keep it vague and generic. Don't provide any specific information to anyone. Each applicant will find out in time what the interview and assessments are like.

The assessments and interview questions samples are on the website by the way. Also, your recruiter should provide you with specific information. In addition, glassdoor provides tons of questions DI were asked during the interview process. Chill bro. its not the NSA. LOL
zenryo  
#1728 Posted : Tuesday, November 07, 2017 1:28:15 PM(UTC)
zenryo

United States

In GearUp's defense the Non-disclosure's we sign are pretty specific. Therefore, not worth jeopardizing our integrity. It might seem trivial but worth mentioning.
Cassandra  
#1729 Posted : Tuesday, November 07, 2017 1:38:40 PM(UTC)
Cassandra

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: futurefbiagent2018 Go to Quoted Post

The assessments and interview questions samples are on the website by the way. Also, your recruiter should provide you with specific information. In addition, glassdoor provides tons of questions DI were asked during the interview process. Chill bro. its not the NSA. LOL

Heads up, don’t ever insult gearup on this board. As someone who provides us a wealth of knowledge from direct experience, he’s earned his respect from all of us who have been here. Plus, I’d take the advice given. He’s never been wrong.

Also note, you’re asking to be approved for a top secret clearance but then asking for info we’ve been told we can’t share. Think about it.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 07, 2017 1:40:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Msdivers4  
#1730 Posted : Wednesday, November 08, 2017 2:05:05 PM(UTC)
Msdivers4

United States

: The assessments and interview questions samples are on the website by the way. Also, your recruiter should provide you with specific information. In addition, glassdoor provides tons of questions DI were asked during the interview process. Chill bro. its not the NSA. LOL

You are free to use what ever information you find I guess. I wouldn't trust it though. But I seriously doubt any applicant is going to give you an unfair advantage.

wittank22  
#1731 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 9:02:55 AM(UTC)
wittank22

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 12 post(s)
2015 applicant here... Cassandra is correct. GearUp has given excellent advice and information. This forum is the best source of information. It's kept me up to date. Good luck to all, and have patience.
thanks 1 user thanked wittank22 for this useful post.
Cassandra on 11/14/2017(UTC)
LEO60008  
#1732 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2017 8:17:46 AM(UTC)
LEO60008

United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Preference sheets are starting to come out for Class 50. Received mine today.
thanks 4 users thanked LEO60008 for this useful post.
Cassandra on 11/15/2017(UTC), AZcactus42 on 11/15/2017(UTC), Glitterypink29 on 11/15/2017(UTC), d3vid on 11/15/2017(UTC)
Cassandra  
#1733 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2017 8:50:50 AM(UTC)
Cassandra

United States

Originally Posted by: LEO60008 Go to Quoted Post
Preference sheets are starting to come out for Class 50. Received mine today.

Eeeeek!!! Fingers crossed
futurefbiagent2018  
#1734 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2017 11:56:25 AM(UTC)
futurefbiagent2018

United States

Originally Posted by: Cassandra Go to Quoted Post

Heads up, don’t ever insult gearup on this board. As someone who provides us a wealth of knowledge from direct experience, he’s earned his respect from all of us who have been here. Plus, I’d take the advice given. He’s never been wrong.

Also note, you’re asking to be approved for a top secret clearance but then asking for info we’ve been told we can’t share. Think about it.

take a chill pill. no one is insulting anyone and no one is asking for top secret information either. Jesus Christ.
Cassandra  
#1735 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2017 12:13:06 PM(UTC)
Cassandra

United States

Originally Posted by: Cassandra Go to Quoted Post

take a chill pill. no one is insulting anyone and no one is asking for top secret information either. Jesus Christ.

I’m not even going to argue with you. All I’m going to say is that for those of us who have made it to this point know what we can and can’t share. If you see info about interview questions, etc in other places, great. But when you’re told information is non public, you don’t share it.

I, like many others, come to this board for comradery. We’re all going through a long, hard process and it’s nice to have people, like GearUp, who work in the position we want to get into sharing what they can with us. It’s also nice to bond with our fellow future classmates through the shared experience. We’re going to be a team one day and attitudes and negativity aren’t going to help that.
DannyG1101  
#1736 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2017 8:56:02 PM(UTC)
DannyG1101

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I too received and returned the preference sheet for class 50.

Good luck everyone.
thanks 1 user thanked DannyG1101 for this useful post.
Cassandra on 11/16/2017(UTC)
ARod12  
#1737 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 6:49:20 AM(UTC)
ARod12

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Congrats to all who have gotten a preference sheet! I had a question, did anyone who has gotten a preference sheet happen to not meet with a background investigator? I ask that because I received the interim clearance paperwork a while back, but have never heard from any investigator. I just had a clearance completed back in May with another agency. Thanks in advance
LEO60008  
#1738 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 1:59:35 PM(UTC)
LEO60008

United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ARod12 Go to Quoted Post
Congrats to all who have gotten a preference sheet! I had a question, did anyone who has gotten a preference sheet happen to not meet with a background investigator? I ask that because I received the interim clearance paperwork a while back, but have never heard from any investigator. I just had a clearance completed back in May with another agency. Thanks in advance

I have not met with an investigator and have not received any interim paperwork. I have received a preference sheet for the last 2 or 3 classes and have not gotten an offer as of yet. Receiving a preference sheet is definitely not a guarantee of getting an offer.
ARod12  
#1739 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 3:21:23 PM(UTC)
ARod12

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks for the info provided. Hopefully all of the 2015 folks get through to the upcoming class.
Njw85  
#1740 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 5:41:26 PM(UTC)
Njw85

I wonder how many of us 2015’s are out there waiting. My background was done back in February and the last I heard is that OPM has not sent it bac yet? Any more folks in my shoes?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed