Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

13 Pages«<111213
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kd17  
#241 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 5:45:26 AM(UTC)
Kd17

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Let’s go December hiring team!! It can’t be a full year without our FJO!! Most of us have been cleared since the summer! It’s a matter of time now! Stay positive people!
thanks 2 users thanked Kd17 for this useful post.
rebels8 on 11/14/2017(UTC), ringslider on 12/9/2017(UTC)
Yukon3  
#242 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 7:24:44 AM(UTC)
Yukon3

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Three months cleared.

Helpful tip: It is a lot easier to just give up and hope for a call out of nowhere. I haven't rescinded my offer, but I am trying to pursue other opportunities. Just. Give. Up. You'll thank me when they finally call and you actually forget why.
thanks 1 user thanked Yukon3 for this useful post.
rebels8 on 11/14/2017(UTC)
Kd17  
#243 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 8:06:08 AM(UTC)
Kd17

United States

You might be right but here in Miami there isn’t many opportunities for federal work like in DC and Virginia. There’s not alot of contracting jobs either to build your resume and the competition here is crazy.
Bird_Dog_703  
#244 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 10:52:27 AM(UTC)
Bird_Dog_703

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Greetings all. I wanted to ask for those that received an FJO/EOD date, did you attempt to negotiate your CJO and were you successful? I asked a few buddies who are already in federal service and the results were mixed. Two were able to submit pay-stubs and get revised offers. Three others were told "take it or leave it" and would have to take fairly substantial pay cuts if they took the position. Seems that the govts flexibility is a bit limited when it comes to matching salaries. Just trying to get the "pulse" in today hiring environment. Thanks!
Bird_Dog_703  
#245 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 12:31:46 PM(UTC)
Bird_Dog_703

United States

Originally Posted by: IThinkImAFed? Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Bird_Dog_703 Go to Quoted Post
Greetings all. I wanted to ask for those that received an FJO/EOD date, did you attempt to negotiate your CJO and were you successful? I asked a few buddies who are already in federal service and the results were mixed. Two were able to submit pay-stubs and get revised offers. Three others were told "take it or leave it" and would have to take fairly substantial pay cuts if they took the position. Seems that the govts flexibility is a bit limited when it comes to matching salaries. Just trying to get the "pulse" in today hiring environment. Thanks!

They should match your salary (up to a certain point... GG-10, Step 00) if you're a current/prior fed and you provide an SF-50. Not sure about how re-negotiating your salary works if you don't have an SF-50 to provide to them.

Thanks for the reply.

Quick follow-up question...They will still match even though they have alternate candidates that would likely accept an "as is" offer? I would be coming from the private sector with no federal experience.

UX1192  
#246 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 12:35:25 PM(UTC)
UX1192

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 110 post(s)

They should match your salary (up to a certain point... GG-10, Step 00) if you're a current/prior fed and you provide an SF-50. Not sure about how re-negotiating your salary works if you don't have an SF-50 to provide to them.

Thanks for the reply.

Quick follow-up question...They will still match even though they have alternate candidates that would likely accept an "as is" offer? I would be coming from the private sector with no federal experience.

I asked about private sector pay negotiation and it seemed pretty much off the table. You might be able to get a step or two higher at most.
thanks 1 user thanked UX1192 for this useful post.
Bird_Dog_703 on 11/14/2017(UTC)
Bird_Dog_703  
#247 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 1:15:53 PM(UTC)
Bird_Dog_703

United States

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, the highest DIA offer I've personally heard of for someone with no federal experience, with a masters, is a GG-10, Step 3. Though, that's only what I've seen, other people may have heard otherwise!

Doesn't hurt to ask if you can re-negotiate your salary! The salaries that we were all initially offered were decided with our educational and professional backgrounds taken into account, so essentially it's all based on you, the individual. If you ask, the worst they can say is "no, take it or leave it". It's unlikely that they are going to say that they have other people in the pipeline and cut you because you asked for more money.

Think of it this way: Every position DIA offers, they have to assume that once that person starts working, they might just stay in their position forever, have no motivation or drive to switch into a higher graded billet, and will eventually max out. Even if they hire a GG-7 Step 1, they have to budget for a GG-12 Step 10 in the event they max out and stay in their billet forever.

Ok thanks for the feedback!
Strongman 265  
#248 Posted : Friday, December 08, 2017 3:16:11 AM(UTC)
Strongman 265

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Howdy, all!

Been a while since I've posted, though I've lurked and am very happy to see some of us have been picked up.

Thought I'd provide an update, since my situation isn't necessarily the norm for applicants.

Received CJO at the December 2016 event, already had a recent DIA CI polygraph due to my current position. I was six months into my PPR (phased periodic reinvestigation) when I received the CJO. Went to CPC early April and, although it wasn't exactly made clear to me, it seems as if they decided to do a parallel SSBI to my then-already opened PPR. Received favorable adjudication on my PPR yesterday (for those who've had to do it recently, they'll know that reinvestigations for contractors take a loooooong time - averaging 16-18 months).

So now it's been a year since the CJO. I'll reach out to the Hiring Pool for a way ahead...not really sure what they'll do with this adjudication given it's DODCAF and not DIA, but they had no problem owning the adjudication for my current position which required DIA so I don't see it being too much of an issue. Given the top four location preferences I put are all OCONUS, I'm thinking it might take a while for me to get a FJO.

And since it's come up quite a bit in the thread: accepted for Analysis field, I have five years of intelligence experience and a MA in Political Science...GG 10 step 3 was the offer. I've applied to over 50 series 0132 positions between a GG 11 and GG 13, have about a 60% referral rate, and zero interviews. The hiring event was the first time I've even heard back about a govvie application. Truly demonstrates the current focus on bringing people in at the bottom to do away with how top heavy the civilian sector is.

Best of luck, everybody!

Edited by user Friday, December 08, 2017 3:21:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Refinement of points being made

thanks 2 users thanked Strongman 265 for this useful post.
pterodactyl on 12/8/2017(UTC), ringslider on 12/9/2017(UTC)
Strongman 265  
#249 Posted : Friday, December 15, 2017 1:48:35 PM(UTC)
Strongman 265

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 6 post(s)
After talking to some DIA senior leadership here at my current position, they broke it down for me thusly: DIA is focusing on hiring from GG 7-10, so if one can get their foot in the door as a 10, do it. However, since I'm currently working OCONUS and want a DIA position OCONUS, CPAC will deny me LQA if I go right from my current contractor position to a govvie position OCONUS, and living in Western Europe isn't cheap. CPAC would want to see that I was recruited from the US (the DC hiring event satisfies that criteria) and have been there for at least a year prior to coming on (DOH!).

Since I am not financially in a position to comfortably live/work in DC/NOVA on a GG-10 salary, I've had to make the very difficult decision (since I love being OCONUS) to accept a contractor position in DC that'll pay me a good salary. It's with a top-tier company and will be at DIA, is actually a step up career-wise, and should I decide not to pursue the government side, I'll have great opportunities to work OCONUS with this company regardless. I'm very fortunate to have had an offer on the table to return to DC, but honestly, I've never liked DC and try to avoid being so close to the flagpole if I can help it. At least I can see family regularly now. And since I'm still not on the cleared list, and that process could take a long time despite my PPR's adjudication (waiting on DIA to recertify), I have nothing but time.

Best of luck, all!

Edited by user Friday, December 15, 2017 1:50:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Spelling

thanks 2 users thanked Strongman 265 for this useful post.
rebels8 on 12/15/2017(UTC), bobcat9647 on 12/15/2017(UTC)
SJerry  
#250 Posted : Thursday, January 04, 2018 7:01:34 AM(UTC)
SJerry

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have my fingers crossed that I hear something back soon. Been waiting in the pool since September. Has anyone heard of any movements?
Kd17  
#251 Posted : Thursday, January 04, 2018 4:23:38 PM(UTC)
Kd17

United States

Originally Posted by: SJerry Go to Quoted Post
I have my fingers crossed that I hear something back soon. Been waiting in the pool since September. Has anyone heard of any movements?

No movement on my end. I’ve been cleared since August/ September.
thanks 1 user thanked Kd17 for this useful post.
rebels8 on 1/4/2018(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed