Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

19 Pages«<171819
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dayayo  
#361 Posted : Monday, December 04, 2017 3:41:02 PM(UTC)
dayayo

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Trina B Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BSC Employeeee Go to Quoted Post
Brookhaven had a meeting last Friday that our last day is the 8th. We're expected back on January 2nd, however everything is subject to change.

We were told the day before the furlough meeting that 120 of us were getting PPS training in December, that quickly changed by morning and the employees who were supposed to go into training are now being furloughed.

The night shift Friday received different news from us on days and then one of upper level personnel stated that noone was going home based off the updated information he received. However all of this is contingent that the budget is signed by december 8th. We need 189 people for PPS and was told that it would be held in December so right now I am just going with furlough we all know things can change as fast as its trickled down. Can't wait to find another position that's perm

Night shift was told that we are all out Friday 12/08, expected return 01/02. they passed out a new solicitation for PPS training dated for a January 2018 class. I'm not sure what info was given as different?
kitkatma  
#362 Posted : Monday, December 04, 2017 3:56:08 PM(UTC)
kitkatma

United States

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 49 post(s)
KCSC just had their mtg for night shift. Told done this Friday with mandatory recall date of Jan 2nd. We were told this is set in stone, no chances of a change.
thanks 2 users thanked kitkatma for this useful post.
dayayo on 12/4/2017(UTC), BSC Employeeee on 12/4/2017(UTC)
Trina B  
#363 Posted : Tuesday, December 05, 2017 8:46:42 AM(UTC)
Trina B

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Hired 2015 Go to Quoted Post
Any word on how long our contracts will be for next year? I heard before we were furloughed that we might only have 4-6 months of work.

Train don't retain is apparently the continuing SOP.

Contracts may be 6 to 8 months
LieutenantBlantyre  
#364 Posted : Tuesday, December 05, 2017 11:27:42 AM(UTC)
LieutenantBlantyre

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 106 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kitkatma Go to Quoted Post
KCSC just had their mtg for night shift. Told done this Friday with mandatory recall date of Jan 2nd. We were told this is set in stone, no chances of a change.

This is the IRS. Never is a very long time and "no chance" is impossible when there are factors not under our control.

Originally Posted by: Trina B Go to Quoted Post
Any word on how long our contracts will be for next year? I heard before we were furloughed that we might only have 4-6 months of work.

Train don't retain is apparently the continuing SOP.

Contracts may be 6 to 8 months

We're still only expecting to provide a 35% Level of Service. Will we all really be needed all that long?

House Rules Committee is only meeting at 3 PM Eastern on Wednesday to discuss House Joint Resolution 123 which would only extend funding out to December 22nd. Depending upon how long that brawl takes (sometimes up to two hours depending upon how crabby everybody on the committee happens to be) the bill could be considered either the same day or on the floor on Thursday. There's no draft procedural rule yet to know how long the CR will be up for debate in the House and I will most certainly not bet on how the vote will go. After that, off to the Senate if this passes the House. There is no assurance of passage in the Senate. If both chambers are cleared, off to the President.

Timing will be goofy. This should be fun.
LieutenantBlantyre  
#365 Posted : Tuesday, December 05, 2017 4:29:50 PM(UTC)
LieutenantBlantyre

Woman
United States

And if the question of getting a budget of any sort enacted needed further distraction...Representative Al Green is going to force an impeachment vote on the floor of the House on Wednesday too! POLITICO reports that here. To double-down on the madness, POLITICO also reports: House GOP leaders vow no deals with Democrats on stopgap spending.

Unsurprisingly, I still haven't found anybody in the private sector to get me out of being a federal civil servant. I haven't jumped off the crazy train yet. This routine is getting old and shows me why my father jumped ship when he did.
LieutenantBlantyre  
#366 Posted : Wednesday, December 06, 2017 10:24:13 AM(UTC)
LieutenantBlantyre

Woman
United States

Quote from POLITICO this afternoon:

Quote:
President Donald Trump signaled Wednesday that Congress could fail to meet its Friday deadline to fund the government, preemptively blaming Democrats who want protections for so-called Dreamers.

“It could happen,” the president said of a possible shutdown. “The Democrats are really looking at something that is very dangerous for our country. They are looking at shutting down.”

Article at https://www.politico.com/story/2...ent-shutdown-2017-282437

Last known IRS contingency plan: https://www.treasury.gov/press-c...utdown%20Plan%202015.pdf

Direct link to our part in Wage & Investment: https://www.treasury.gov/press-c...0Plan%202015.pdf#page=46

And at this moment, there is no newer plan.
dayayo  
#367 Posted : Wednesday, December 06, 2017 7:38:47 PM(UTC)
dayayo

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Has anybody actually gotten their release paperwork yet?
kitkatma  
#368 Posted : Wednesday, December 06, 2017 10:32:49 PM(UTC)
kitkatma

United States

Originally Posted by: dayayo Go to Quoted Post
Has anybody actually gotten their release paperwork yet?

Mine was re-emailed to me today
Kh20  
#369 Posted : Sunday, December 10, 2017 10:42:34 AM(UTC)
Kh20

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Is recall still suppose to be January 2?
thanks 1 user thanked Kh20 for this useful post.
L8tebloomer on 12/10/2017(UTC)
kitkatma  
#370 Posted : Sunday, December 10, 2017 1:11:06 PM(UTC)
kitkatma

United States

Originally Posted by: Kh20 Go to Quoted Post

Yes
LieutenantBlantyre  
#371 Posted : Sunday, December 10, 2017 2:10:32 PM(UTC)
LieutenantBlantyre

Woman
United States

Yes

5 days notice is the minimum required. That puts it at December 22nd since December 25th is a holiday. If I don't get a call it'll be either that January 2nd is not the date, that we're about to not have a budget for a while as the latest CR runs out on the 22nd, or who knows what.

Considering that Joint Munitions Command isn't even allowed to buy bullets right now as they won't be delivered to be paid for before the CR is up, the next two weeks should be fun.
chriswt25  
#372 Posted : Sunday, December 10, 2017 2:39:28 PM(UTC)
chriswt25

United States

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LieutenantBlantyre Go to Quoted Post

Yes

5 days notice is the minimum required. That puts it at December 22nd since December 25th is a holiday. If I don't get a call it'll be either that January 2nd is not the date, that we're about to not have a budget for a while as the latest CR runs out on the 22nd, or who knows what.

Considering that Joint Munitions Command isn't even allowed to buy bullets right now as they won't be delivered to be paid for before the CR is up, the next two weeks should be fun.

I see them calling the people that took the initial furlough, within the next 2 weeks informing us of the 1/2/18 date of return, pending they have a budget. If they wait too long to call people, they will have a tough time reaching everyone, because of holiday travel.

Can't imagine these morons allowing a shutdown at Christmas.
Hired 2015  
#373 Posted : Sunday, December 10, 2017 3:09:10 PM(UTC)
Hired 2015

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
What happens to open season change(s) if we aren't back by Jan 2nd?
LieutenantBlantyre  
#374 Posted : Sunday, December 10, 2017 3:34:37 PM(UTC)
LieutenantBlantyre

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: chriswt25 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: LieutenantBlantyre Go to Quoted Post

Yes

I see them calling the people that took the initial furlough, within the next 2 weeks informing us of the 1/2/18 date of return, pending they have a budget. If they wait too long to call people, they will have a tough time reaching everyone, because of holiday travel.

Can't imagine these morons allowing a shutdown at Christmas.

I can imagine it. When Steny Hoyer got up after the new CR was passed saying there was a lot of negotiating to do for an omnibus, Majority Leader McCarthy crapped on that saying there was no need to negotiate as the House already passed the 12 appropriations bills and the Senate should take them up like some of the other 350+ bills gathering dust in the Senate. Hoyer almost had an aneurysm.

Frankly the rage over DACA is probably going to be the thing that screws everything up. The issue of “things undone” is what House Democrats beat the drum about on the newest CR. Doubling down on stupidity is certainly within reach.

It takes effect after we get back then.
chriswt25  
#375 Posted : Sunday, December 10, 2017 5:06:12 PM(UTC)
chriswt25

United States

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 26 post(s)

Don't worry. You will be back 1/2/18. Thee clowns will pass something by 12/22. If they don't it would mean they would have to stay in D.C. for Christmas week and you know they are NOT going to let that happen.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed