Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

85 Pages«<4546474849>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ImpatientPatient  
#921 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 10:40:09 AM(UTC)
ImpatientPatient

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Just got word that I got cleared. Now begins the wait for an FJO
thanks 2 users thanked ImpatientPatient for this useful post.
rebels8 on 1/12/2018(UTC), ringslider on 1/12/2018(UTC)
UX1192  
#922 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 11:35:25 AM(UTC)
UX1192

Was thanked: 252 time(s) in 189 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ImpatientPatient Go to Quoted Post

Massive congrats!!! What field are you again.

Seems like recent FJOs have been on Thursdays and clearance notifications in Friday.
thanks 2 users thanked UX1192 for this useful post.
ringslider  
#923 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 12:38:33 PM(UTC)
ringslider

United States

Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Originally Posted by: UX1192 Go to Quoted Post

Seems like recent FJOs have been on Thursdays and clearance notifications in Friday.

At least we have a possible timeline as to when to expect a phone call. But next week is going to be a short one so I hope they call either Thursday or Friday. BTW what job did you apply for?

Edited by user Friday, January 12, 2018 12:39:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ringslider  
#924 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 12:41:53 PM(UTC)
ringslider

United States

Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 58 post(s)

Congratulations!!! Now sit back with a pizza, soda and Doctor Who and wait for the call.

thanks 1 user thanked ringslider for this useful post.
rebels8 on 1/12/2018(UTC)
McFly  
#925 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 2:11:04 PM(UTC)
McFly

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
So I received the email saying I'm on the cleared list. Anyone know what that means exactly in terms of your clearance? Do I now have a clearance? If so, is it Top Secret, TS/SCI (w/ or w/o poly)? So many questions, so few answers!
thanks 2 users thanked McFly for this useful post.
rebels8  
#926 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 2:15:54 PM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Was thanked: 169 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Originally Posted by: McFly Go to Quoted Post
So I received the email saying I'm on the cleared list. Anyone know what that means exactly in terms of your clearance? Do I now have a clearance? If so, is it Top Secret, TS/SCI (w/ or w/o poly)? So many questions, so few answers!

You have TS/SCI clearance eligibility with CI poly. However, you won't actually have a clearance until you are briefed or "read" into the program, including by signing a Non-Disclosure Agreement.
#MMlivesmatter
thanks 2 users thanked rebels8 for this useful post.
McFly on 1/12/2018(UTC), ringslider on 1/12/2018(UTC)
ImpatientPatient  
#927 Posted : Friday, January 12, 2018 2:22:34 PM(UTC)
ImpatientPatient

United States

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 11 post(s)

HUMINT. And if this forum is any indication, it's that it might take a while. I'm just so freaking glad that I'm cleared though.

I'm wondering, though, if I can apply this TS to anything else, whether it be a contractor or within the DoD while I wait to get a FJO.
thanks 5 users thanked ImpatientPatient for this useful post.
rebels8 on 1/12/2018(UTC), McFly on 1/12/2018(UTC), Kd17 on 1/12/2018(UTC), ringslider on 1/12/2018(UTC), non-select on 1/13/2018(UTC)
UX1192  
#928 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2018 2:03:00 PM(UTC)
UX1192

I'm pretty nervous about my billet but at the same time kinda excited since its an area I have zero knowledge of going in since it'll be Latin America/S America oriented. it's good to learn how to be an intel officer from scratch with zero previous bias coming into it, but at the same time kinda scary since you dont have that base knowledge to fall back on. I'm more excited than anything because it was on my list to learn more about that region. I assumed I'd be placed in an Asia centric.
thanks 1 user thanked UX1192 for this useful post.
rebels8 on 1/15/2018(UTC)
UX1192  
#929 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2018 2:11:25 PM(UTC)
UX1192

Originally Posted by: Kaliino Go to Quoted Post
I'm pretty nervous about my billet but at the same time kinda excited since its an area I have zero knowledge of going in since it'll be Latin America/S America oriented.

Might not be a bad idea to brush up on some Ghost Recon: Wildlands.

It should give you a nice introduction to the problems in the region.

Besides... who wouldn't wanna base jump from a helo, onto a llama?

That was my exact thought haha.
rebels8  
#930 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2018 2:23:01 PM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

I'm pretty nervous about my billet but at the same time kinda excited since its an area I have zero knowledge of going in since it'll be Latin America/S America oriented. it's good to learn how to be an intel officer from scratch with zero previous bias coming into it, but at the same time kinda scary since you dont have that base knowledge to fall back on. I'm more excited than anything because it was on my list to learn more about that region. I assumed I'd be placed in an Asia centric.

Do you know if any other office bid on you or was interested in you? I'll probably ask if they don't tell me. However, turning down one final job offer in the hope of getting a better offer later is kind of risky. For one thing, you very well could be immediately removed from the hiring pool even if they say that you won't be. And further more, you don't know when you might receive a second final job offer and if it will even be preferable to the first offer. We might not be as lucky as pterodactyl and receive a second, better FJO only a few weeks after turning down one offer. There is a particular region that I would have a preference to work on and at the relevant COCOM, but picky eaters really can't be choosers. However, it's good that you were given a FJO for a Latin America-focused billet, even though you're not an expert on Latin America. It means that many hiring managers don't care that their entry-level employees aren't already experts on the region or functional issue that they focus on.

Edited by user Monday, January 15, 2018 2:29:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#MMlivesmatter
UX1192  
#931 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2018 2:33:08 PM(UTC)
UX1192

I still am really excited. I just want to get my feet in the door. The placing makes some broad sense since I didnt a ton of work on transnational networks in undergrad. Worst comes to worse I can always switch fields on interest or if I'm lucky this inspires a new passion and interest group.
HopefulHire123  
#932 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2018 3:51:17 PM(UTC)
HopefulHire123

United States

Was thanked: 80 time(s) in 67 post(s)

Don't worry about not having experience there are plenty of folks that just get placed into random spots.

That's a totally different issue.
Kd17  
#933 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2018 5:41:01 PM(UTC)
Kd17

United States

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 47 post(s)
I still am really excited. I just want to get my feet in the door. The placing makes some broad sense since I didnt a ton of work on transnational networks in undergrad. Worst comes to worse I can always switch fields on interest or if I'm lucky this inspires a new passion and interest group.

If you’re going to SOCOM you’ll like the Miami area. That’s where I live and the weather is nice except for the summers lol. I hear you’ll get to travel to those regions as well. I think it’s a nice command, I’ve been to SOCOM before. One downside is the traffic and cost of living in Doral, but it’s not as bad a what I hear about the D.C. area.
UX1192  
#934 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2018 5:47:46 PM(UTC)
UX1192

Originally Posted by: Kd17 Go to Quoted Post

If you’re going to SOCOM you’ll like the Miami area. That’s where I live and the weather is nice except for the summers lol. I hear you’ll get to travel to those regions as well. I think it’s a nice command, I’ve been to SOCOM before. One downside is the traffic and cost of living in Doral, but it’s not as bad a what I hear about the D.C. area.

My bilet is in DC and not with SOCOM unfortunately. I do wonder what relationship DIAC has with the different command locations when it comes to division of labor.
rebels8  
#935 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2018 5:50:50 PM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

My bilet is in DC and not with SOCOM unfortunately. I do wonder what relationship DIAC has with the different command locations when it comes to division of labor.

Well I would guess that DIA HQ focuses on strategic level intelligence issues, while the COCOMs focus on operational level issues.

Edited by user Monday, January 15, 2018 5:52:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#MMlivesmatter
someoldguy  
#936 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2018 6:02:19 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 796 time(s) in 657 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kaliino Go to Quoted Post
I would guess that it really won't matter as long as there's a steady supply of Cheese Danishes.

Kali I told you to stay away from those Danishes... you'll never get medical clearance for that deployment to Kreplakistan you were talking about.
DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
thanks 1 user thanked someoldguy for this useful post.
ringslider on 1/15/2018(UTC)
rebels8  
#937 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2018 11:58:29 AM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Who on here has recently received an email from the Hiring Pool saying that they "have now reached the 100+ day mark of your clearance being adjudicated" and asking you to reply "if you are still interested in employment with DIA?" I received this email today and replied in the affirmative. And somebody else on this forum told me by PM a few days ago that he had also received this email.
#MMlivesmatter
velcroTech  
#938 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2018 12:30:20 PM(UTC)
velcroTech

Cayman Islands

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 14 post(s)

Isn't SOCOM in Tampa? SOUTHCOM is in Miami.
someoldguy  
#939 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2018 1:31:21 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 796 time(s) in 657 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rebels8 Go to Quoted Post
Who on here has recently received an email from the Hiring Pool saying that they "have now reached the 100+ day mark of your clearance being adjudicated" and asking you to reply "if you are still interested in employment with DIA?" I received this email today and replied in the affirmative. And somebody else on this forum told me by PM a few days ago that he had also received this email.

Somebody PM'd me with a question about that but their inbox is full... so I'll reply again here, hope they see it:

I have not heard of this happening specifically with the hiring pool but I have heard of people applying to other federal jobs being contacted to see if they were still interested in the position they had applied to months earlier.

I guess it means somebody is still thinking about you and your file has not been completely lost.
DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
thanks 1 user thanked someoldguy for this useful post.
rebels8 on 1/16/2018(UTC)
rebels8  
#940 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2018 1:42:19 PM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: someoldguy Go to Quoted Post

I guess it means somebody is still thinking about you and your file has not been completely lost.

Well the email specifically said "You certainly haven't been forgotten," but, no surprise, "we cannot provide a timeline of how much longer" it will take your Career Field to offer a billet to place you in. lol
#MMlivesmatter
Rss Feed  Atom Feed