Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

28 Pages«<25262728>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NotSoGamerBoy  
#521 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 7:36:49 AM(UTC)
NotSoGamerBoy

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Oh also for those wondering, I got to speak with the Head of HR at HQ. I asked her about the pay scales if they were definitive, and she said no they are not so if your classification changes by the end of your semester your pay scale will increase accordingly.

I hope this clarifies anyone's questions about that because I know I had some regarding my classification.
thanks 1 user thanked NotSoGamerBoy for this useful post.
thejoker on 2/7/2018(UTC)
LMC  
#522 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 2:36:55 PM(UTC)
LMC

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Had my poly today. I asked my polygrapher at the end if they could tell me if I passed or not and they said it wasn’t up to them; they said the results were sent elsewhere and I would know in a week.

Did this happen to anyone else?
I just feel like it didn’t go well.

lilety  
#523 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 2:50:46 PM(UTC)
lilety

United States

Originally Posted by: LMC Go to Quoted Post
Had my poly today. I asked my polygrapher at the end if they could tell me if I passed or not and they said it wasn’t up to them; they said the results were sent elsewhere and I would know in a week.

I was told that I passed by my polygrapher's standards. All results are sent to someone else, Quality Control, who have the final say in whatever the results are.
CompSciPerson  
#524 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 3:25:51 PM(UTC)
CompSciPerson

United States

Originally Posted by: LMC Go to Quoted Post

I did my poly a while ago, they didn't say anything about me passing or not on the spot but that the results would be sent back to HQ. I did do my poly in CA but my cjo is for HQ. I still havent gotten any results on the poly but they did have me come to my local FO a week later to do a drug test.
PandaGirl  
#525 Posted : Thursday, February 08, 2018 10:05:55 PM(UTC)
PandaGirl

Woman
United States

Hey everyone, I haven't exactly been on for a while, but I was just adjudicated 2/2/18 for Minneapolis FO. My PSI was on 12/13/17 and Poly 12/19/17 with a few difficulties on the poly, but made it by the end. My references have already been interviewed, and I too am a bit surprised how each field office seems to have their own drastically different pace.
kane0421  
#526 Posted : Thursday, February 08, 2018 10:29:48 PM(UTC)
kane0421

United States

Originally Posted by: PandaGirl Go to Quoted Post
Hey everyone, I haven't exactly been on for a while, but I was just adjudicated 2/2/18 for Minneapolis FO. My PSI was on 12/13/17 and Poly 12/19/17 with a few difficulties on the poly, but made it by the end. My references have already been interviewed, and I too am a bit surprised how each field office seems to have their own drastically different pace.

I did my psi around the same time as you. Didn’t do my poly til 2/6. I’m jealous of your quick timeline!
god  
#527 Posted : Friday, February 09, 2018 10:22:15 AM(UTC)
god

United States

Had my psi and polygraph in early december and references were contacted early january. The investigator submitted the report in early january.
god  
#528 Posted : Friday, February 09, 2018 11:37:03 AM(UTC)
god

United States

Hi what do you mean by adjudicated i am new to this forum and we both had a similar timeline. Thanks
NotSoGamerBoy  
#529 Posted : Saturday, February 10, 2018 1:22:41 PM(UTC)
NotSoGamerBoy

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: god Go to Quoted Post

Hi what do you mean by adjudicated i am new to this forum and we both had a similar timeline. Thanks

Adjudicated is just a synonym for result. But the word is just used to determine whether or not you passed your background check to get your clearance.
ISE93  
#530 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 7:02:54 AM(UTC)
ISE93

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello,

By any chance has anyone encountered an e-mail sent out by accident? I am still in my BI and an e-mail was sent out that I was not selected to participate in the program and to apply next year. Yet a day later a two other of my references were interviewed, so I just wanted to know if anyone had this issue. I have contacted my local FO and haven't heard anything back. Thank you to anyone who can give me an insight!
James Hamrick  
#531 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 8:41:38 AM(UTC)
James Hamrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ISE93 Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

By any chance has anyone encountered an e-mail sent out by accident? I am still in my BI and an e-mail was sent out that I was not selected to participate in the program and to apply next year. Yet a day later a two other of my references were interviewed, so I just wanted to know if anyone had this issue. I have contacted my local FO and haven't heard anything back. Thank you to anyone who can give me an insight!

I received the Same Email, my POC said it was sent in error and to disregard it.
thanks 1 user thanked James Hamrick for this useful post.
ISE93 on 2/12/2018(UTC)
ISE93  
#532 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 3:28:29 PM(UTC)
ISE93

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: James Hamrick Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

I received the Same Email, my POC said it was sent in error and to disregard it.

Thank you so much! Glad that I am not the only one! :)
cchs12  
#533 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 3:36:15 PM(UTC)
cchs12

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello,

I got the same message, and I am in the BI section now. In my case it was because I had sent two different applications because I messed up on one. My FO told me it was because I had submitted two applications and not to worry about it.
thanks 1 user thanked cchs12 for this useful post.
ISE93 on 2/13/2018(UTC)
CompSciPerson  
#534 Posted : Tuesday, February 13, 2018 12:35:24 PM(UTC)
CompSciPerson

United States

For those who want to know the definite results for your poly, email your POC they most likely already have the results.
azeyrt  
#535 Posted : Tuesday, February 13, 2018 12:58:12 PM(UTC)
azeyrt

Anyone for the LA FO?
Sopherbee  
#536 Posted : Tuesday, February 13, 2018 2:21:42 PM(UTC)
Sopherbee

United States

Hello everyone, I was wondering whether anyone knew if Summer Interns have to attend the 4 day Quantico training program before the internship starts.... One of the "You are Active" emails mentioned it... Is that four day training only for yearly employees or do summer interns attend this too?
cchs12  
#537 Posted : Tuesday, February 13, 2018 5:32:55 PM(UTC)
cchs12

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sopherbee Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone, I was wondering whether anyone knew if Summer Interns have to attend the 4 day Quantico training program before the internship starts.... One of the "You are Active" emails mentioned it... Is that four day training only for yearly employees or do summer interns attend this too?

I do believe that is only for full time employees, not interns
NotSoGamerBoy  
#538 Posted : Wednesday, February 14, 2018 5:45:21 AM(UTC)
NotSoGamerBoy

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: cchs12 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Sopherbee Go to Quoted Post

I do believe that is only for full time employees, not interns

I too read something about this in the handbook, but from my understanding, only the interns at Quantico can attend. I’m not sure if it’s mandatory for them though.
azeyrt  
#539 Posted : Wednesday, February 14, 2018 6:00:59 AM(UTC)
azeyrt

Where is this handbook?
NotSoGamerBoy  
#540 Posted : Wednesday, February 14, 2018 6:40:42 AM(UTC)
NotSoGamerBoy

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: azeyrt Go to Quoted Post
Where is this handbook?

https://vault.fbi.gov/fb...PG%20Part%2001%20of%2001
thanks 2 users thanked NotSoGamerBoy for this useful post.
azeyrt on 2/14/2018(UTC), James Hamrick on 2/14/2018(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed