Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Security Clearance

A security clearance is a status granted to individuals allowing them access to classified information. Those trying to get a clearance may have questions such as how does one go about attaining a clearance? And, what are the different levels? As well as other questions. This area will allow those that have clearances offer advice and suggestions to those inquiring about clearances or upgrading their clearances.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ba150553  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 10:30:47 PM(UTC)
ba150553

Groups: Registered

I haven't been able to find much on this, so I was wondering how much my girlfriend's credit would affect me getting an interim clearance. She has average credit, but owes $1000 from a previous landlord. We are going to pay it off tomorrow, so she will just have the average credit with no debt. Would it affect me much even if we did pay it off before they started the investigation?
FatHappyCat  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 13, 2018 12:47:21 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Co-habitation is about influence. Unless you were somehow legally obliged to her debt/poor credit, then it wouldn't really matter much. I'd be more concern if she wasn't a citizen.
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
ba150553 on 2/13/2018(UTC)
ba150553  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 13, 2018 6:41:46 AM(UTC)
ba150553

Originally Posted by: FatHappyCat Go to Quoted Post
Co-habitation is about influence. Unless you were somehow legally obliged to her debt/poor credit, then it wouldn't really matter much. I'd be more concern if she wasn't a citizen.

I have nothing to do with her credit/debt since it was about a year before we met. She is a US citizen, so no problem there! Thank you for the reply.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed