Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
noclaim4noname  
#21 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 5:10:25 PM(UTC)
noclaim4noname

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DealAjani Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: noclaim4noname Go to Quoted Post
Recently, I sat for an interview for Legal Assistant (Office Automation) under Executive Office for US Attorneys (EOUSA). I was informed, by HR whom was present during the interview, that EOUSA selection process could take from six to eight weeks before considered for a second interview. Moreover, if selected after the second interview, an applicant would receive a tentative offer, and that ought to be when EOUSA conducts the background check.

Ironically, HR from EOUSA, also informed me, after I informed HR from EOUSA that my status with EOIR was pending, that it should be in the best of my interest to contact EOIR to find out the status. Because to HR's unequivocal understanding, it should not exceed 6 months for a selection process! Nonetheless, HR from EOUSA, could not speak upon how EOIR conducts their selection process.

Interesting.... I never heard any of this. Speaking of, has anyone heard anything yet? It's been nearly 6 months since my interview.

Interesting indeed! Nonetheless, I was not selected for EOUSA. I have not received an email regarding the EOIR announcement.

I sent an EOIR about the announcement, and I was told, in a short reply that "they will contact those who they are interested in interviewing". That reply was two months ago!

At this point, I have thrown in the towel and believe that EOIR has already made their selection.

I emailed the hiring official in October & was told "Interviews are still being conducted for the Legal Assistant position. Once final selections have been made you will receive a notification letter to your email address updating your status."

So maybe no news is good news?

As I expected, I was sent a not selected email.

Nevertheless, I still have a status candidate announcement pending.

Most likely, I will get a not selected for the status candidate announcement too.

Good luck and crossing my fingers for you!
DealAjani  
#22 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 5:18:45 PM(UTC)
DealAjani

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Recently, I sat for an interview for Legal Assistant (Office Automation) under Executive Office for US Attorneys (EOUSA). I was informed, by HR whom was present during the interview, that EOUSA selection process could take from six to eight weeks before considered for a second interview. Moreover, if selected after the second interview, an applicant would receive a tentative offer, and that ought to be when EOUSA conducts the background check.

Ironically, HR from EOUSA, also informed me, after I informed HR from EOUSA that my status with EOIR was pending, that it should be in the best of my interest to contact EOIR to find out the status. Because to HR's unequivocal understanding, it should not exceed 6 months for a selection process! Nonetheless, HR from EOUSA, could not speak upon how EOIR conducts their selection process.

Interesting.... I never heard any of this. Speaking of, has anyone heard anything yet? It's been nearly 6 months since my interview.

Interesting indeed! Nonetheless, I was not selected for EOUSA. I have not received an email regarding the EOIR announcement.

I sent an EOIR about the announcement, and I was told, in a short reply that "they will contact those who they are interested in interviewing". That reply was two months ago!

At this point, I have thrown in the towel and believe that EOIR has already made their selection.

I emailed the hiring official in October & was told "Interviews are still being conducted for the Legal Assistant position. Once final selections have been made you will receive a notification letter to your email address updating your status."

Most likely, I will get a not selected for the status candidate announcement too.

Wow. Hopefully I hear something this week, I'm still sitting at "referred" on usajobs & haven't gotten a single email yet. Good luck to you though, maybe something will come your way soon.
noclaim4noname  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 5:05:13 PM(UTC)
noclaim4noname

United States

Wow. Hopefully I hear something this week, I'm still sitting at "referred" on usajobs & haven't gotten a single email yet. Good luck to you though, maybe something will come your way soon.

I just received an email today for the status candidate announcement stating I was not selected.

I am under the suspicion that EOIR might be making their selections.

There is a probability that you will receive a notification before New Years.

Good luck!
DealAjani  
#24 Posted : Friday, December 15, 2017 3:27:37 PM(UTC)
DealAjani

United States

I just received an email today for the status candidate announcement stating I was not selected.

Good luck!

Thanks, hopefully you find something soon. Do you think there's still a chance I get selected? Still have yet to hear anything.
noclaim4noname  
#25 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2017 5:51:14 AM(UTC)
noclaim4noname

United States

Good luck!

Thanks, hopefully you find something soon. Do you think there's still a chance I get selected? Still have yet to hear anything.

Possibility that your paperwork elevated up to TO. I am crossing my fingers for you. Good luck!
DealAjani  
#26 Posted : Friday, January 5, 2018 12:37:44 PM(UTC)
DealAjani

United States

Good luck!

Possibility that your paperwork elevated up to TO. I am crossing my fingers for you. Good luck!

Just got my notice of nonselection. Ah well.

Linds  
#27 Posted : Friday, January 19, 2018 6:01:22 PM(UTC)
Linds

United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)

Good luck!

Sucks you didn't get the position, but it's probably a good thing. Hear me out. I USED to work there. As in the past few years. Sadly it's been going downhill. There's a lot of favoritism and honestly some of the positions won't get you anywhere. See it as a blessing in disguise.

thanks 1 user thanked Linds for this useful post.
DealAjani on 1/20/2018(UTC)
DealAjani  
#28 Posted : Saturday, January 20, 2018 4:41:20 PM(UTC)
DealAjani

United States

Originally Posted by: Linds Go to Quoted Post

Good luck!

Sucks you didn't get the position, but it's probably a good thing. Hear me out. I USED to work there. As in the past few years. Sadly it's been going downhill. There's a lot of favoritism and honestly some of the positions won't get you anywhere. See it as a blessing in disguise.

I guess so. It just sucks because I've been applying for federal positions for the past year or so and this was the first one I actually got to interview for. Also they really took several months just to let me know I didn't get selected which is bs to me. Hopefully something else will come up within the next few weeks though.
FederalDude  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, February 14, 2018 8:53:45 AM(UTC)
FederalDude

United States

Yup! It’s good if you’re looking to get into federal service but don’t get too comfortable. They’ve removed the promotion ladder from the supervisor role. It used to be GS9-10 but the 10 has been stripped which leaves you stuck at 9 and the next position starts at 11 or 12.

Good luck to all the candidates.
My timeline:

Applied: August 2017
Interviewed: February 2018
COE: February
thanks 1 user thanked FederalDude for this useful post.
DealAjani on 2/14/2018(UTC)
Linds  
#30 Posted : Saturday, February 17, 2018 5:06:13 AM(UTC)
Linds

United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)

Good luck!

I guess so. It just sucks because I've been applying for federal positions for the past year or so and this was the first one I actually got to interview for. Also they really took several months just to let me know I didn't get selected which is bs to me. Hopefully something else will come up within the next few weeks though.

Don't let this one experience discourage you. Otherwise you'll get discouraged with every job you interview for. LOL. Welcome to the govt! They aren't known for being super fast all the time. Ha!
Just keep applying, applying, applying. You get referred? Awesome, but keep applying. You get an interview? Keep applying. It's a never ending cycle. Up until the day I left & transferred from one agency to another I was still applying for other govt jobs. My current job- I like it & im enjoying it, but I know it's something I don't want to do for the rest of my career, so I still keep an eye out on what's out there. If I see something that pops up & looks interesting, I apply. Always have to look out for #1 which is you.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed