Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

25 Pages«<1011121314>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SAhopeful2018  
#221 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2018 5:21:46 PM(UTC)
SAhopeful2018

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hoping someone is here on a weekend like me...quick question, I haven’t gotten an email with a ranking yet but checked the jobs website and something changed and hoping that it’s the same for everyone that got their ranking email it just changed to Interview Scheduled....Are you guys seeing the same thing?
Application: October
Phase I test: Passed
M&G: February
Phase 2: Passed
Triniboy05  
#222 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2018 5:42:36 PM(UTC)
Triniboy05

United States

Originally Posted by: SAhopeful2018 Go to Quoted Post
Hoping someone is here on a weekend like me...quick question, I haven’t gotten an email with a ranking yet but checked the jobs website and something changed and hoping that it’s the same for everyone that got their ranking email it just changed to Interview Scheduled....Are you guys seeing the same thing?

I received my competitive ranking in the mail with the only change being the date/time stamp about a week prior.
Inconceivable23  
#223 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2018 5:52:13 PM(UTC)
Inconceivable23

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 16 post(s)

I received my ranking middle of last week and status is still M&G and the last update is about a week before my ranking. I’d say it’s a bit subjective depending on who is entering information into the system. Regardless - it sounds promising for you!
thanks 1 user thanked Inconceivable23 for this useful post.
SAhopeful2018 on 3/10/2018(UTC)
SAhopeful2018  
#224 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2018 6:15:02 PM(UTC)
SAhopeful2018

United States

Originally Posted by: Inconceivable23 Go to Quoted Post

I received my ranking middle of last week and status is still M&G and the last update is about a week before my ranking. I’d say it’s a bit subjective depending on who is entering information into the system. Regardless - it sounds promising for you!

Thanks man here’s to hoping I get that email soon!
Application: October
Phase I test: Passed
M&G: February
Phase 2: Passed
Los507  
#225 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 8:45:13 AM(UTC)
Los507

Man
United States

Anyone here waiting to take a PFT?
Raziel  
#226 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 9:27:33 AM(UTC)
Raziel

Man
United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Los507 Go to Quoted Post

Yea I got it tomorrow.
LadySA2018  
#227 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 10:12:34 AM(UTC)
LadySA2018

United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Raziel Go to Quoted Post

Yea I got it tomorrow.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes and any tips for those of us who will take it soon.
Los507  
#228 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 12:01:10 PM(UTC)
Los507

Man
United States

Nice! Good luck to you guys.
which FO have PFT tomorrow?
Raziel  
#229 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2018 4:23:07 PM(UTC)
Raziel

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: LadySA2018 Go to Quoted Post

Yea I got it tomorrow.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes and any tips for those of us who will take it soon.

Hey thanks! Phoenix AZ is having it tomorrow. I'm not nervous about this PFT, just having doubts about passing it. It will be a gut check for me seeing how everyone on this forum was training harder than I was. I read alot of your tips and even the new forum that was made on PT stuff. Wish that stuff was up last November.
RoyalsFan  
#230 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 6:49:31 AM(UTC)
RoyalsFan

Man
United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)

Yea I got it tomorrow.

Hey thanks! Phoenix AZ is having it tomorrow. I'm not nervous about this PFT, just having doubts about passing it. It will be a gut check for me seeing how everyone on this forum was training harder than I was. I read alot of your tips and even the new forum that was made on PT stuff. Wish that stuff was up last November.

Let us know how it goes today for you all
App: 5/17
P1: 6/17
M&G: 7/17
P2/PFT: 11/17
PSI/Poly: 1/18
Medical: 2/18
Medically Cleared: 3/18
BI: Complete 4/18
Raziel  
#231 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 9:59:06 AM(UTC)
Raziel

Man
United States

Hey guys here's an update on my PFT,

Sit ups - 44 (3 points)
300 sprint - 45.8 (5 points)
Push ups - 38 (2 points)
1.5 mile - 12:05 (2 points)

Total of 12 points = Passed

Hey, my scores were passing but not good honestly because its right at 12. Well in my head its not good. I like having a safety cushion so I need to train more for a higher score. During the sit up and push ups, I was corrected twice on each. But no points were taken off. So FORM IS PARAMOUNT!! I was lucky I corrected them during my set on each.

The sit ups were the easiest for me cause it was the first event. I wish I had a higher score cause that would have been the best way for me to gain that point cushion I needed for the end. I paced it. 1 second = one sit up. Doing it that way would give you 60 sit ups in a minute if you don't slow down. As you can see, I slowed down alot and it was after 30. I dragged it after that point. Work on your sit ups HARD. Get as much as you can on those sit ups. Gain that cushion.

The 300 sprint wasn't that bad to be honest. I wasn't exclusively training the 300 per say but I should have. I was doing 200 meter sprints and 100s with a jog around the curves. I won't be doing that anymore. I passed with a decent score, but it gassed me for everything else. Now after I sprint, The push ups will come right after because I suffered soo much on that part.

The push ups were HORRIBLE at this point. I usually do 42 or 43. When I'm fresh, I can squeeze out 45. But why would you think its a good idea to always train the push ups when your fresh? I really should have thought that months ago. Anyway, the sprint gassed me. The 5 minute break was long enough to catch my breath for every event, but the body was still exhausted. They corrected me on form. I was banging the floor on each rep so he had nothing to say about that. It was the straightening of the arms. PRACTICE PROPER FORM!! That's all I practiced when I was training so for the majority of the time I was good. But if you don't over exaggerate, they may not see it. Do your best to do that.

Finally, the 1.5 mile was that hardest. After the first 2 laps, dude was I done. But I kept running anyway. After the 2nd lap, they were cool and told me my time and said I had to pick it up. Every lap after that they told me to pick it up. The last 100 meters I gunned it even though I was out of breath. Someone told me a few weeks ago, at the beginning of a run don't be an idiot, but at the end of a run don't be a wimp. How bad do you want the job? At the end, GO HARD. You have to if your in my point range.

Sorry for such the long post and any grammar or spelling errors. I just came back and wanted to pour my thoughts for you guys in case you were wondering... I won't go back and fix any of this though. Ha ha ha.

Something else. I thought I would see like 10 or 20 people there to take this PFT. Ey, it was 2 people. Me and someone else. This other guy F***ing smoked it. Had 16 points. There were 3 agents there all nice guys. I barraged them with questions and they answered each and everyone of them. There are no big 5 offices anymore. Its more like big 12 or something. It all depends on how many people they have and need and its all in largely populated areas. This is what they told me. Hawaii IS one of them. Apparently, so is Laredo TX. (Just threw up in my mouth). No disrespect to anyone living there. There was a spot in New Mexico and Denver. They said that you can pick a place but depending on they're staffing, you maybe put in an RA as opposed to the big office in that area. If you guys heard differently, that's cool but I'm just repeating what I heard this morning.

Hopeful this helps someone out on this forum.
thanks 6 users thanked Raziel for this useful post.
QuantumSA on 3/14/2018(UTC), Inconceivable23 on 3/14/2018(UTC), kevnyc2018 on 3/14/2018(UTC), LadySA2018 on 3/14/2018(UTC), SA_Applicant_Stats on 3/14/2018(UTC), Los507 on 3/15/2018(UTC)
Raziel  
#232 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 10:06:02 AM(UTC)
Raziel

Man
United States

Something else, I asked if you still had 3 chances to pass the PFt in Quantico. I said I heard you take one on your first week, then 7th and finally 13th. He said no they changed that. You have 2 tries. If you fail your done. Also, if you pass the first one, you don't have to do the other PFT. But you still have to do the workouts.

Also, once your officially in, the PFT scales to your age. 20 - 29, 30 to 39 and so on. A 50 year old has 17 mins to do a 1.5 mile.

I hope I didn't say anything here that can disqualify me.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 14, 2018 10:09:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Raziel for this useful post.
QuantumSA on 3/14/2018(UTC)
QuantumSA  
#233 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 10:36:32 AM(UTC)
QuantumSA

United States

Congratulations on the pass!

When doing my practice PFTs, I experience pretty much exactly what you've described as far as gassing myself on the sprint. But, my hardest part is always the 1.5 mile run. I've never been a good distance runner, so I time all my laps, which is easy with a watch. However, I'm assuming that you aren't allowed any sort of timing device when doing the test? I haven't seen much information regarding that and don't know if you can even answer that question.

How does the scoring change for age ranges?
Application: 02/18
Phase I: 02/18
M&G: 03/18
Phase II: 05/18
PFT: 05/18
CAO: 06/18
PSI/POLY: 06/18
emaichbe03  
#234 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 10:39:55 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Something else, I asked if you still had 3 chances to pass the PFt in Quantico. I said I heard you take one on your first week, then 7th and finally 13th. He said no they changed that. You have 2 tries. If you fail your done. Also, if you pass the first one, you don't have to do the other PFT. But you still have to do the workouts.

Also, once your officially in, the PFT scales to your age. 20 - 29, 30 to 39 and so on. A 50 year old has 17 mins to do a 1.5 mile.

I hope I didn't say anything here that can disqualify me.

good write up on the PFT in the first post. it is a very accurate description of what to expect.

clarifying question - if at the Q you fail the PFT and then therefore you're done, why would they have 2 tries? Or are you saying if you fail both, you're done?
RoyalsFan  
#235 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 10:43:08 AM(UTC)
RoyalsFan

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: QuantumSA Go to Quoted Post
Congratulations on the pass!

When doing my practice PFTs, I experience pretty much exactly what you've described as far as gassing myself on the sprint. But, my hardest part is always the 1.5 mile run. I've never been a good distance runner, so I time all my laps, which is easy with a watch. However, I'm assuming that you aren't allowed any sort of timing device when doing the test? I haven't seen much information regarding that and don't know if you can even answer that question.

How does the scoring change for age ranges?

There is no rule against using a watch. I would say that is definitely encouraged.
Elysium06  
#236 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 10:49:48 AM(UTC)
Elysium06

United States

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RoyalsFan Go to Quoted Post

There is no rule against using a watch. I would say that is definitely encouraged.

Interesting - we were not allowed watches during my PFT.
thanks 1 user thanked Elysium06 for this useful post.
RoyalsFan on 3/14/2018(UTC)
RoyalsFan  
#237 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 11:06:19 AM(UTC)
RoyalsFan

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: Elysium06 Go to Quoted Post

Yeah that is weird. I wonder why that would be the case or why some would allow it and others not. Doesn't seem like it should be prohibited and I haven't seen regulation stating you cannot. But it would definitely be good to know what they will let you do at Quantico.
LadySA2018  
#238 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 11:14:47 AM(UTC)
LadySA2018

United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 20 post(s)

Yeah that is weird. I wonder why that would be the case or why some would allow it and others not. Doesn't seem like it should be prohibited and I haven't seen regulation stating you cannot. But it would definitely be good to know what they will let you do at Quantico.

From what I have read in other threads, it varies by office whether a watch is allowed or not during the initial PFT. They are not allowed at Quantico, so some offices replicate that rule. The best bet is to ask your individual AC if you can wear one during your test.
thanks 1 user thanked LadySA2018 for this useful post.
RoyalsFan on 3/14/2018(UTC)
RoyalsFan  
#239 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 11:18:32 AM(UTC)
RoyalsFan

Man
United States

From what I have read in other threads, it varies by office whether a watch is allowed or not during the initial PFT. They are not allowed at Quantico, so some offices replicate that rule. The best bet is to ask your individual AC if you can wear one during your test.

Good to know, thanks!
Guyonabuffalo  
#240 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 11:51:01 AM(UTC)
Guyonabuffalo

United States

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 14 post(s)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2gGLt4uyFA

SA Selection Process breakdown on core competencies and writing examples for the interview. Just have your material memorized better than the guy in this video and you should be good.
App - 4/16
BI - 9/17
thanks 1 user thanked Guyonabuffalo for this useful post.
LadySA2018 on 3/14/2018(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed