Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

8 Pages«<34567>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
shaffe  
#81 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2018 3:16:57 AM(UTC)

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/15/2011(UTC)
Posts: 16

Thanks: 1 times
Originally Posted by: kitkatma Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: LieutenantBlantyre Go to Quoted Post
We aren't there yet for Cycle 20. May 13th. BalDue-palooza is coming.

I do not hazard a guess about furlough. My prediction is NEVER this year with the current lady as Director AM across the entire service. Then again, we could always have yet another government shutdown on October 1st since Congress is piddling around on the budget bills.

Hopefully everybody at the campuses has enjoyed getting back to paper yesterday and today.

Don't know about the other campuses but the KC campus is still getting daily emails stating we are AHOD from 6 am to 9 pm. We were told tonight in our team mtg that this will last thru May, with phone only OT continuing thru May as well. Apparently we are no longer following JOC's directives for staffing.


WHAT??? I was wondering why KC is always last or second to last on the Go-From and I guess this might explain it. It's been obvious to anybody who watches the JOC log that locally we haven't paid any attention to the staffing directives from JOC when it's not AHOD for months.
LieutenantBlantyre  
#82 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2018 5:36:53 PM(UTC)
LieutenantBlantyre

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/24/2014(UTC)
Posts: 757
Woman
United States

Thanks: 180 times
Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kitkatma Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: LieutenantBlantyre Go to Quoted Post
We aren't there yet for Cycle 20. May 13th. BalDue-palooza is coming.

I do not hazard a guess about furlough. My prediction is NEVER this year with the current lady as Director AM across the entire service. Then again, we could always have yet another government shutdown on October 1st since Congress is piddling around on the budget bills.

Hopefully everybody at the campuses has enjoyed getting back to paper yesterday and today.

Don't know about the other campuses but the KC campus is still getting daily emails stating we are AHOD from 6 am to 9 pm. We were told tonight in our team mtg that this will last thru May, with phone only OT continuing thru May as well. Apparently we are no longer following JOC's directives for staffing.


Survey Says...TPP became a trainwreck again?
LieutenantBlantyre  
#83 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2018 5:40:27 PM(UTC)
LieutenantBlantyre

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/24/2014(UTC)
Posts: 757
Woman
United States

Thanks: 180 times
Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Originally Posted by: shaffe Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: kitkatma Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: LieutenantBlantyre Go to Quoted Post
We aren't there yet for Cycle 20. May 13th. BalDue-palooza is coming.

I do not hazard a guess about furlough. My prediction is NEVER this year with the current lady as Director AM across the entire service. Then again, we could always have yet another government shutdown on October 1st since Congress is piddling around on the budget bills.

Hopefully everybody at the campuses has enjoyed getting back to paper yesterday and today.

Don't know about the other campuses but the KC campus is still getting daily emails stating we are AHOD from 6 am to 9 pm. We were told tonight in our team mtg that this will last thru May, with phone only OT continuing thru May as well. Apparently we are no longer following JOC's directives for staffing.


WHAT??? I was wondering why KC is always last or second to last on the Go-From and I guess this might explain it. It's been obvious to anybody who watches the JOC log that locally we haven't paid any attention to the staffing directives from JOC when it's not AHOD for months.


KCSC is going to be by 2021 the one-stop shop for IMF SP. This is part of the Future State. That's why it makes no sense why you folks in AM there keep being held on the phones. Then again, you also staff TPP there and that's been a raging dumpster fire from the perspective of us who staff TAC Appointments. I have a feeling the issue is trying to bring down the tremendous backlog of TPP that's developed since we're constantly running out of warm bodies in the TAC sites to put TPP call-fails in front of for enhanced interrogation. That's why you're being kept on the phones.
shaffe  
#84 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2018 3:08:40 AM(UTC)

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/15/2011(UTC)
Posts: 16

Thanks: 1 times
App 18 is and, in my opinion, always has been a mismanaged mess from the beginning but I really don't think it's that. From what I can gather in the reports volume isn't any worse than it's been in the past as far as initial contact. There may be a ton of appointments necessary as our authentication procedures have tightened, but that doesn't impact us any on the front end.

According to the log on Wednesday this week JOC told our site to go to minimal staffing around 6:15 pm local but that email never came out (EDIT: turns out the email was sent but it didn't actually go out to employees, smh). Our site stayed AHOD all day long in both applications while other service centers were at minimal staffing in one or both (18/20) all day long. This looks to me like a local level decision (EDIT: or garden variety incompetence) to completely ignore JOC's instructions with regard to phone staffing.

Edited by user Thursday, April 26, 2018 6:06:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LieutenantBlantyre  
#85 Posted : Saturday, May 05, 2018 6:48:41 AM(UTC)
LieutenantBlantyre

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/24/2014(UTC)
Posts: 757
Woman
United States

Thanks: 180 times
Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Did anybody else get confirmation at their site that Balance Due training for FY2017 entrants was being yanked ENTERPRISE-wide by the ENTERPRISE-wide Director of Accounts Management? We kinda got shocked Friday. I really do hope ACS can handle the load since that is what the order coming down from BOD HQ in Atlanta is saying apparently.
Pittsburgh_Bill  
#86 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2018 11:21:12 AM(UTC)
Pittsburgh_Bill

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/18/2017(UTC)
Posts: 78
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
When will we see furlough for 2018? What is everyone hearing?

buddy10  
#87 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2018 11:42:20 AM(UTC)
buddy10

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/10/2015(UTC)
Posts: 87
United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Hearing nothing...can't come soon enough for most of the Seasonal' s I know.
LieutenantBlantyre  
#88 Posted : Thursday, May 10, 2018 3:27:10 PM(UTC)
LieutenantBlantyre

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/24/2014(UTC)
Posts: 757
Woman
United States

Thanks: 180 times
Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Originally Posted by: buddy10 Go to Quoted Post
Hearing nothing...can't come soon enough for most of the Seasonal' s I know.


Well, the 5181 reports are being run at Cleveland. However, the Campus Field Director will be on-site by the time they're ready. She's not coming up to dismiss us to furlough. The very real possibility of collateral RIF in our directorate due to SP ranpdown at Cincy & merger of the Ops between Cleveland and Indy exists.
LieutenantBlantyre  
#89 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2018 4:00:17 PM(UTC)
LieutenantBlantyre

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/24/2014(UTC)
Posts: 757
Woman
United States

Thanks: 180 times
Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 112 post(s)
WELCOME TO CYCLE 20!

For some reason DirectorAM thinks ACS will be able to handle all the BalDue. I feel doubtful but then again I have the antique BalDue skill code & sit on 20 rather than Agent Skills Group 212. Sadly we're not training anybody up in FY2018 who sits on ASG212 to gain that skill code across the ENTERPRISE.

A big problem will be paper inventory as well as how many people can't sit higher than ASG 212 at the remotes. If somebody can't do BalDue or a specialty application then their usefulness will drop. I understand we'll have a need for a ton of people to sit on 45 with all the graduating high school seniors but that need does burn out after a while.

If we see any releases coming up, it'll possibly be by skill codes. Cleveland, for example, could dismiss a significant number of its seasonal since they're not trained higher than ASG 212. Keeping the BalDue-trained seasonals might leave less than half of all seasonals on-hand.

Anything is possible. Our appropriations subcommittee doesn't even have a draft bill yet for FY2019.

Edited by user Sunday, May 13, 2018 4:01:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

chriswt25  
#90 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2018 4:12:55 PM(UTC)
chriswt25

Rank: Advisor

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/7/2016(UTC)
Posts: 128
United States

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LieutenantBlantyre Go to Quoted Post
WELCOME TO CYCLE 20!

For some reason DirectorAM thinks ACS will be able to handle all the BalDue. I feel doubtful but then again I have the antique BalDue skill code & sit on 20 rather than Agent Skills Group 212. Sadly we're not training anybody up in FY2018 who sits on ASG212 to gain that skill code across the ENTERPRISE.

A big problem will be paper inventory as well as how many people can't sit higher than ASG 212 at the remotes. If somebody can't do BalDue or a specialty application then their usefulness will drop. I understand we'll have a need for a ton of people to sit on 45 with all the graduating high school seniors but that need does burn out after a while.

If we see any releases coming up, it'll possibly be by skill codes. Cleveland, for example, could dismiss a significant number of its seasonal since they're not trained higher than ASG 212. Keeping the BalDue-trained seasonals might leave less than half of all seasonals on-hand.

Anything is possible. Our appropriations subcommittee doesn't even have a draft bill yet for FY2019.



At our center they have trained the new hire CSR's in Bal Due and may skill them all the way up on paper this year (which usually doesn't happen to the second or third season)

LieutenantBlantyre  
#91 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2018 4:34:56 PM(UTC)
LieutenantBlantyre

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/24/2014(UTC)
Posts: 757
Woman
United States

Thanks: 180 times
Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Originally Posted by: chriswt25 Go to Quoted Post
{snip}


At our center they have trained the new hire CSR's in Bal Due and may skill them all the way up on paper this year (which usually doesn't happen to the second or third season)



Hmm. Well, before she was the Director of all AM she was the Cincinnati AM Field Director. She really, really, really was not happy with us at Cleveland.

If our site management team was told nobody in AM would have BalDue skill-ups yet they are happening elsewhere...yeah, I think we're going to be in for a rough ride when the current Cincinnati AM Field Director comes in for a visit later this month.
kitkatma  
#92 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2018 8:40:08 PM(UTC)
kitkatma

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/2/2015(UTC)
Posts: 230
United States

Thanks: 48 times
Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Our FY17's are finishing their Bal Due skill up. The FY18's won't get theirs til next year. We haven't heard anything about ACS taking back the bal due calls. And we all know how wonderful that worked out the last time.
LieutenantBlantyre  
#93 Posted : Sunday, May 13, 2018 8:57:03 PM(UTC)
LieutenantBlantyre

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/24/2014(UTC)
Posts: 757
Woman
United States

Thanks: 180 times
Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kitkatma Go to Quoted Post
Our FY17's are finishing their Bal Due skill up. The FY18's won't get theirs til next year. We haven't heard anything about ACS taking back the bal due calls. And we all know how wonderful that worked out the last time.


Hunh. Well, I think we got played. Our FY17 people are stuck on 212 and the poor instructors had their prep almost finished before they got thrown back on the phones. We were told the volume on 15 should be low as ACS should be able to finally pull its weight so our people were unneeded.

I had best start seeing what money is liquid & what isn't. Our consolidation between Indy & CLE might be something unexpected.
buddy10  
#94 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 2:17:33 PM(UTC)
buddy10

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/10/2015(UTC)
Posts: 87
United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Rumor in Andover is that there is plenty of money in the budget for a LONG season. Hearing potential for only a 2 week layoff late in the year.
LieutenantBlantyre  
#95 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 3:50:14 PM(UTC)
LieutenantBlantyre

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/24/2014(UTC)
Posts: 757
Woman
United States

Thanks: 180 times
Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Originally Posted by: buddy10 Go to Quoted Post
Rumor in Andover is that there is plenty of money in the budget for a LONG season. Hearing potential for only a 2 week layoff late in the year.


The upper limit is September 30th at the moment as that is when appropriations run out pending further enactments. The subcommittee doesn’t have a draft bill released for us yet for FY2019 appropriations. No bookie will take a bet on whether or not we’ll be able to legally spend money past September 30th.
kitkatma  
#96 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2018 4:03:50 PM(UTC)
kitkatma

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/2/2015(UTC)
Posts: 230
United States

Thanks: 48 times
Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 49 post(s)
I was told by one of the HQ report ya-hoo's last month that they pretty much expect us to be here til the end of the fiscal year.
Pittsburgh_Bill  
#97 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2018 7:28:28 AM(UTC)
Pittsburgh_Bill

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/18/2017(UTC)
Posts: 78
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
An educated guess would seem to be that furlough will be September 28, 2018. I have no inside information, but that is what things are pointing to. Our Universal Day of training is September 26, 2018, so I would assume that furlough will be after Universal Day of Training.
LieutenantBlantyre  
#98 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2018 7:49:38 AM(UTC)
LieutenantBlantyre

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/24/2014(UTC)
Posts: 757
Woman
United States

Thanks: 180 times
Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Pittsburgh_Bill Go to Quoted Post
An educated guess would seem to be that furlough will be September 28, 2018. I have no inside information, but that is what things are pointing to. Our Universal Day of training is September 26, 2018, so I would assume that furlough will be after Universal Day of Training.


There have been years that seasonals missed Training Day before. End of the fiscal year certainly is plausible. That we're doing things like checking passwords management and updating contacts in HRConnect at Cleveland means our directorate isn't singing from the same hymnal.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 15, 2018 8:22:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Sudden shifts mid-day prompting correction

Pittsburgh_Bill  
#99 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2018 8:05:57 AM(UTC)
Pittsburgh_Bill

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/18/2017(UTC)
Posts: 78
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
The end of September was the beginning of furlough in 2017. I know that some people stayed on because of the hurricanes and IRS employees working FEMA. I would say that baring a natural disaster that we will be out of here at the end of September. However, if money is left in the budget, they may keep people on for October with voluntary furlough on September 28, 2018.
Sbakk  
#100 Posted : Thursday, May 31, 2018 7:14:38 AM(UTC)
Sbakk

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/26/2017(UTC)
Posts: 16

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Any rumors on furlough? This was a rough season. I’m so ready!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest
8 Pages«<34567>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.


This page was generated in 2.662 seconds.