Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Education

The mission of the Department of Education is to promote student achievement and preparation for global competitiveness by fostering educational excellence and ensuring equal access

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tomcooney  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 24, 2018 8:15:15 AM(UTC)
tomcooney

Groups: Registered

I don't work at GSA or Education but need some help from the experts there.

A legacy IT system is coming up for recompete soon. Current system was built in '84 and hasn't improved or had any enhancements since. It's in-house managed and a total piece of garbage. Vendor claims they have proprietary software but it's simply basic accounting, on a COBOLT green screen.

Good news is a few BSP's will be bidding on the recompete package.

My questions:
- How can the BSP's bid on the recompete if it requires an inhouse system?

- Can re-compete solicitation packages limit all responding vendors to have existing in-house systems? Seems like a far cry from full and open competition.

- Can the BSP's bid on this, build their own application, then turn it over to the in-house goblins/staff at the end of the contract? (I imagine the BSP's could do that but it woudl be cost-prohibitive to the competitiveness of their bid.)

- Most importantly: Can BSP's and other vendors include share-in-savings in their response/proposal?

Share in savings:
https://medium.com/@ccairns/a-brief-history-of-it-share-in-savings-contracting-in-the-federal-government-d6f13f00e874
Rss Feed  Atom Feed