Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

51 Pages«<4647484950>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ymzk  
#941 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 1:26:05 PM(UTC)
ymzk

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I asked a couple of the HR reps today at HQ (second and last day of orientation so they were mostly with interns again today with intermittent breaks to do their own HR work) about progress on the second wave of FJOs for those who will begin interning on the 25th. They said most of them haven’t been sent out yet due to how swamped they were with orientation and on-boarding and they would most likely begin sending some of the second wave of FJOs out tomorrow at the earliest. They’ll all be pretty much swamped and otherwise unavailable for most of next week due to travel for work. But for those expecting offers, they should be coming out within the next week and a half.
thanks 5 users thanked ymzk for this useful post.
MisatoSoup on 6/12/2018(UTC), Techstuff on 6/12/2018(UTC), NotSoGamerBoy on 6/12/2018(UTC), lezzels605 on 6/12/2018(UTC), Cat3276 on 6/13/2018(UTC)
lezzels605  
#942 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 2:22:20 PM(UTC)
lezzels605

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ymzk Go to Quoted Post
I asked a couple of the HR reps today at HQ (second and last day of orientation so they were mostly with interns again today with intermittent breaks to do their own HR work) about progress on the second wave of FJOs for those who will begin interning on the 25th. They said most of them haven’t been sent out yet due to how swamped they were with orientation and on-boarding and they would most likely begin sending some of the second wave of FJOs out tomorrow at the earliest. They’ll all be pretty much swamped and otherwise unavailable for most of next week due to travel for work. But for those expecting offers, they should be coming out within the next week and a half.

Thank you for the information! Is the orientation held in DC or in your assigned FO?
ymzk  
#943 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 4:30:29 PM(UTC)
ymzk

United States

Originally Posted by: lezzels605 Go to Quoted Post

Thank you for the information! Is the orientation held in DC or in your assigned FO?

Interns assigned to HQ, the Washington FO, Quantico, and various FOs in Virginia attended orientation in person at Headquarters. Interns assigned to FOs around the country went through a simultaneous orientation through livestreams of our orientation at HQ.
thanks 2 users thanked ymzk for this useful post.
Techstuff on 6/12/2018(UTC), lezzels605 on 6/13/2018(UTC)
walogejixo  
#944 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 5:16:17 PM(UTC)
walogejixo

So if they are unavailable for most of next week and seemingly this week, doesn't this mean it is unlikely that those of us who haven't been finally adjudicated and whose statuses have not changed, will receive FJO's by next Friday?

thanks 1 user thanked walogejixo for this useful post.
Cat3276 on 6/13/2018(UTC)
ymzk  
#945 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 5:25:31 PM(UTC)
ymzk

United States

Originally Posted by: walogejixo Go to Quoted Post

So if they are unavailable for most of next week and seemingly this week, doesn't this mean it is unlikely that those of us who haven't been finally adjudicated and whose statuses have not changed, will receive FJO's by next Friday?

I think perhaps with all the interns reporting to their units and divisions tomorrow, HR will have more time to get those FJOs and incoming intern-related work for their regions done. They were with us non-stop from yesterday through today for orientation and still have a lot of paperwork and on-boarding errors to get through while preparing for the second orientation. I wish I could provide more answers but that's all I could glean when I asked, sorry.
thanks 5 users thanked ymzk for this useful post.
NotSoGamerBoy on 6/12/2018(UTC), walogejixo on 6/12/2018(UTC), Cate4444 on 6/12/2018(UTC), Cat3276 on 6/13/2018(UTC), lezzels605 on 6/13/2018(UTC)
Chat345  
#946 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2018 7:23:54 AM(UTC)
Chat345

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hey Everyone! So currently I still have not received my FJO like many others. My processing date still has not been changed on my application. However I was told by my POC two weeks ago that I was in the final stages of my background and they were confident I would be cleared. I posted my latest transcript two days ago as well in hopes it might help speed the process. As the second orientation is approaching quickly, i'm getting worried like the rest. Any advice? Should I ask for an update through my POC or HQ?
Cat3276  
#947 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2018 2:48:48 PM(UTC)
Cat3276

United States

Originally Posted by: NotSoGamerBoy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Cat3276 Go to Quoted Post
I would like to congratulate all of the 2018 FBI honors Interns. Best of luck to all of you.
I have a question for all of you. Were any of you who received FJOs a freshman when you applied (Now a rising Sophomore)?
Thanks!

I’m still waiting to for my FJO but I’ve been favorably adjudicated

But I am a freshman now rising sophomore

I'm hoping you get good news soon. I will be in your shoes in September when the 2019 Honors Internship opens, I will be a freshman when I apply for the program.
thanks 1 user thanked Cat3276 for this useful post.
NotSoGamerBoy on 6/13/2018(UTC)
NotSoGamerBoy  
#948 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2018 4:33:39 PM(UTC)
NotSoGamerBoy

Man
United States

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Originally Posted by: NotSoGamerBoy Go to Quoted Post
I would like to congratulate all of the 2018 FBI honors Interns. Best of luck to all of you.
I have a question for all of you. Were any of you who received FJOs a freshman when you applied (Now a rising Sophomore)?
Thanks!

I’m still waiting to for my FJO but I’ve been favorably adjudicated

But I am a freshman now rising sophomore

I'm hoping you get good news soon. I will be in your shoes in September when the 2019 Honors Internship opens, I will be a freshman when I apply for the program.

Best of luck!
thanks 1 user thanked NotSoGamerBoy for this useful post.
Cat3276 on 6/14/2018(UTC)
bpg43  
#949 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2018 5:31:43 PM(UTC)
bpg43

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Chat345 Go to Quoted Post
Hey Everyone! So currently I still have not received my FJO like many others. My processing date still has not been changed on my application. However I was told by my POC two weeks ago that I was in the final stages of my background and they were confident I would be cleared. I posted my latest transcript two days ago as well in hopes it might help speed the process. As the second orientation is approaching quickly, i'm getting worried like the rest. Any advice? Should I ask for an update through my POC or HQ?

Unfortunately, all I can tell you is to buckle down and stick it out. I started the internship this week and a few people that I talked to didn't receive any offers until last Friday. The next start date is slated for June 25th so they have plenty of time to send you your FJO last minute. Just hang in there and have faith!
thanks 2 users thanked bpg43 for this useful post.
Cat3276 on 6/14/2018(UTC), NotSoGamerBoy on 6/14/2018(UTC)
StillRowing  
#950 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2018 5:09:17 AM(UTC)
StillRowing

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I got an email last night saying they were not going to finish my background in time to start for summer due to complexities in my background but would continue the check to start part time in the fall. I am older than a lot if you here applying I think. I have a longer job history. Multiple residences and I've travel internationally to multiple countries. Anyway, this really stinks because I was part of the 2017 group that got left behind. And now it's happening twice.
thanks 1 user thanked StillRowing for this useful post.
Techstuff on 6/14/2018(UTC)
CompSciPerson  
#951 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2018 2:26:24 PM(UTC)
CompSciPerson

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Did anyone get a fjo this week? All ive been seeing this week are backgrounds not finishing 😓
NotSoGamerBoy  
#952 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2018 2:31:40 PM(UTC)
NotSoGamerBoy

Man
United States

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CompSciPerson Go to Quoted Post
Did anyone get a fjo this week? All ive been seeing this week are backgrounds not finishing 😓

Idk if I count as good news but I called my POC for a status update and I just got the same email she sent me a few weeks back about HQ notifying me when I’m good, but she did put at the end “PS You should hear back very soon”

So I mean I hope that’s good news 😅
thanks 1 user thanked NotSoGamerBoy for this useful post.
Cate4444 on 6/14/2018(UTC)
ymzk  
#953 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2018 4:29:49 PM(UTC)
ymzk

United States

Not sure how much I can reveal about the adjudication process aside from saying that your background investigation makes multiple stops along the way to be looked at, scoped, reviewed for adjudication, possibly scoped again, and then sent for adjudication before it's sent to finally be judged favorable or not. It's a very long process when broken down and the more complex your history and references, the longer it takes. The bureau is very thorough and follows up with anything they deem necessitates a follow-up. I know it's not very reassuring but there is a reason why adjudications and FJOs are taking so long to be sent out. Last I heard today from one of the HR directors today, they're still working on processing while still being completely overwhelmed by the volume of new interns. I wouldn't be surprised if they sent out offer letters through to the Friday evening before your Monday start date (which was what happened to me). regardless, I sincerely hope everyone here receives good news within the next week!
thanks 6 users thanked ymzk for this useful post.
Techstuff on 6/14/2018(UTC), NotSoGamerBoy on 6/14/2018(UTC), lezzels605 on 6/14/2018(UTC), CompSciPerson on 6/14/2018(UTC), Cate4444 on 6/15/2018(UTC), FIREINV1728 on 6/15/2018(UTC)
CompSciPerson  
#954 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2018 5:30:41 PM(UTC)
CompSciPerson

United States

Not sure how much I can reveal about the adjudication process aside from saying that your background investigation makes multiple stops along the way to be looked at, scoped, reviewed for adjudication, possibly scoped again, and then sent for adjudication before it's sent to finally be judged favorable or not. It's a very long process when broken down and the more complex your history and references, the longer it takes. The bureau is very thorough and follows up with anything they deem necessitates a follow-up. I know it's not very reassuring but there is a reason why adjudications and FJOs are taking so long to be sent out. Last I heard today from one of the HR directors today, they're still working on processing while still being completely overwhelmed by the volume of new interns. I wouldn't be surprised if they sent out offer letters through to the Friday evening before your Monday start date (which was what happened to me). regardless, I sincerely hope everyone here receives good news within the next week!

For reference, it's been 45+ days since my favorable adjudication and my status hasnt changed since december
ISE93  
#955 Posted : Saturday, June 16, 2018 6:52:17 AM(UTC)
ISE93

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)

For reference, it's been 45+ days since my favorable adjudication and my status hasnt changed since december

Did you call your POC? or the person who told you were favorably adjudicated. Because I was favorably adjudicated August 8th and my status changed to that date the same day. The HR lady from HQ was super nice and said I should receive my final offer this coming Monday or Tuesday at the latest. Also A LOT of paper work coming as well.
thanks 1 user thanked ISE93 for this useful post.
Cate4444 on 6/16/2018(UTC)
CompSciPerson  
#956 Posted : Saturday, June 16, 2018 2:08:07 PM(UTC)
CompSciPerson

United States

Originally Posted by: ISE93 Go to Quoted Post

Did you call your POC? or the person who told you were favorably adjudicated. Because I was favorably adjudicated August 8th and my status changed to that date the same day. The HR lady from HQ was super nice and said I should receive my final offer this coming Monday or Tuesday at the latest. Also A LOT of paper work coming as well.

My POC hasnt been replying to my emails lately :/ when I called HR at HQ they werent there so I left a voicemail
ISE93  
#957 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2018 3:51:07 AM(UTC)
ISE93

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ISE93 Go to Quoted Post

My POC hasnt been replying to my emails lately :/ when I called HR at HQ they werent there so I left a voicemail

Your POC is probably extremely swamped with the first wave of interns, which may explain your date not changing? I feel like everyone is different. You might get your FJO without warning next week. Wish you the best!
SamLicase  
#958 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2018 11:22:07 AM(UTC)
SamLicase

United States

Does anyone have a number for someone in HR at HQ where we could ask about an update/our clearance status? I can't figure out the automated operator and keep getting thrown in loops without actually talking to a real person.
MEngBound  
#959 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2018 12:52:51 PM(UTC)
MEngBound

Woman
United States

Would love to get the number for HR at HQ as well!
StillRowing  
#960 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 6:25:47 AM(UTC)
StillRowing

United States

There is a conference for HR people at HQ this week so a number of your local field office contacts will probably be unavailable due to attendance at the conference.
thanks 1 user thanked StillRowing for this useful post.
NotSoGamerBoy on 6/19/2018(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed