Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
franern  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2017 10:35:44 AM(UTC)
franern

Groups: Registered

Hi all,
Did anyone else apply for all source, entry level Analyst position with NCTC? I think it was posted in August and the submission deadline was in Sept. Then interviews took place a month later, and results were supposed to go out in Dec. I haven't heard anything. Anyone hear back?
bribritx  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2017 11:48:59 AM(UTC)
bribritx

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I also applied but did not hear back.
thanks 1 user thanked bribritx for this useful post.
franern on 1/13/2017(UTC)
franern  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2017 1:28:33 PM(UTC)
franern

Originally Posted by: bribritx Go to Quoted Post
I also applied but did not hear back.

Thanks. I forgot to mention that I know of others who interviewed. None of them heard back either, so it seems that they haven't sent out rejections or offers yet. Maybe there is an issue that's forced them to pause the hiring process.
z5oliM  
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 15, 2017 2:49:19 PM(UTC)
z5oliM

United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Old topic, but yes, I applied last fall, was referred, and interviewed. I thought I interviewed well, and they said I'd hear back in December. Didn't hear a peep, which I thought was oddly unprofessional.
jms1979  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 4:35:53 AM(UTC)
jms1979

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
DNI and NCTC in general are very difficult to get fed employment. The majority of those IC components are contracted positions. If you want in, start there. There are plenty of options with contracting companies doing intel work at NCTC.
thanks 1 user thanked jms1979 for this useful post.
rebels8 on 9/9/2017(UTC)
ImpatientPatient  
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 9, 2017 9:20:43 AM(UTC)
ImpatientPatient

United States

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Position just went up again at the ODNI website
thanks 1 user thanked ImpatientPatient for this useful post.
rebels8 on 9/9/2017(UTC)
rebels8  
#7 Posted : Sunday, September 10, 2017 3:27:04 AM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Was thanked: 178 time(s) in 158 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ImpatientPatient Go to Quoted Post
Position just went up again at the ODNI website

I just applied to this position, which is called All-Source Intelligence Officer. I recently received a TS/SCI clearance from DIA. And since who knows when I might receive a FJO from DIA, I thought that I might as well make use of my clearance and apply to the NCTC position. I would have applied to the position last fall, but the ODNI/NCTC don't advertise most of their job vacancies on USAJOBS.gov and I didn't think about looking on the ODNI/NCTC website. Until I saw this topic thread, I don't think that I knew that the ODNI/NCTC had entry-level positions for external job candidates. I thought that ODNI/NCTC employees were all on loan from other agencies. I'm also in the middle of the interview process for an entry-level DIA counterterrorism analyst position with a defense contractor in the DC area. I would actually prefer this position instead of the NCTC position because I could start it much sooner and it would probably be easier and quicker to transfer my clearance to DIA once I receive a FJO.

Edited by user Sunday, September 10, 2017 3:29:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#MMlivesmatter
rebels8  
#8 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2017 9:23:08 AM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Today, I received a rejection email telling me that I would not be interviewed for the NCTC Analyst position. Did anybody else on this forum receive an email from the NCTC either also telling them that they had been rejected or that they had been selected for an interview? The email said that over 600 people had applied for the NCTC Analyst position. But the email didn't say how many people had been selected for an interview or how many people would eventually be extended a conditional job offer.
#MMlivesmatter
nikenike  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 25, 2017 8:57:53 AM(UTC)
nikenike

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I applied a while back in 2016, got through the interview, and am now going through processing/obtaining clearance and all that. During my interview session I want to say there were around... maybe 30-40 people there and one of the people I interviewed with said they were working through 2 weeks of interviews. Assuming each session had 30ish candidates I would say there were probably around 350 people who were called in for interviews (including interviews that were offered over skype). Of course I'm sure the numbers vary depending on each cycle of applicants.

Regarding comments on what it's like to work there, I asked the panel I interviewed with about work-life balance, work-loads, etc. and they said generic things like "it's fine", "par for the course compared to similar agencies", and whatnot but I know I should say whatever they said with a grain of salt because they were representing ODNI/NCTC. Won't know unless you're inside, I suppose. I would say what TMHTE said regarding the type of work ODNI/NCTC does is probably on the mark since NCTC was created to assimilate inputs/personnel from throughout the IC and serve as a hub and not really focused on operations or HUMINT. But again, this is from an external perspective.
thanks 1 user thanked nikenike for this useful post.
rebels8 on 10/25/2017(UTC)
rebels8  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 25, 2017 9:01:51 AM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: nikenike Go to Quoted Post
I applied a while back in 2016, got through the interview, and am now going through processing/obtaining clearance and all that.

Do you have previous IC experience?
#MMlivesmatter
nikenike  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, October 25, 2017 10:25:04 AM(UTC)
nikenike

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rebels8 Go to Quoted Post
I applied a while back in 2016, got through the interview, and am now going through processing/obtaining clearance and all that.

Do you have previous IC experience?

No IC experience but I have some (less than a year's worth, though) work/internship experience with other orgs. I applied in my last year of graduate school.
thanks 1 user thanked nikenike for this useful post.
rebels8 on 10/25/2017(UTC)
rebels8  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, October 25, 2017 12:41:39 PM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

During my interview session I want to say there were around... maybe 30-40 people there and one of the people I interviewed with said they were working through 2 weeks of interviews. Assuming each session had 30ish candidates I would say there were probably around 350 people who were called in for interviews (including interviews that were offered over skype). Of course I'm sure the numbers vary depending on each cycle of applicants.

No IC experience but I have some (less than a year's worth, though) work/internship experience with other orgs. I applied in my last year of graduate school.

I received a conditional job offer from DIA in December 2016. I heard that DIA was planning on hiring as many as 1700-1800 people in FY 2017. I strongly suspect that DIA will be hiring significantly fewer people in FY 2018. It's very possible that the NCTC is the same way. The NCTC may be hiring significantly fewer people in FY 2018 than it did in FY 2017. Because we have about the same level of experience and qualifications. I also have a Master's degree. And I also don't have any IC experience with the exception of a six-month internship with a G2 (Intelligence) office at an Army unit in which I didn't have access to classified information and didn't have a security clearance. My Master's degree is also from a program under the Intelligence Community Centers for Academic Excellence, which is overseen by DIA.
#MMlivesmatter
Locke1  
#13 Posted : Saturday, October 28, 2017 6:06:58 PM(UTC)
Locke1

United States

I applied a while back in 2016, got through the interview, and am now going through processing/obtaining clearance and all that. During my interview session I want to say there were around... maybe 30-40 people there and one of the people I interviewed with said they were working through 2 weeks of interviews. Assuming each session had 30ish candidates I would say there were probably around 350 people who were called in for interviews (including interviews that were offered over skype). Of course I'm sure the numbers vary depending on each cycle of applicants.

Regarding comments on what it's like to work there, I asked the panel I interviewed with about work-life balance, work-loads, etc. and they said generic things like "it's fine", "par for the course compared to similar agencies", and whatnot but I know I should say whatever they said with a grain of salt because they were representing ODNI/NCTC. Won't know unless you're inside, I suppose. I would say what TMHTE said regarding the type of work ODNI/NCTC does is probably on the mark since NCTC was created to assimilate inputs/personnel from throughout the IC and serve as a hub and not really focused on operations or HUMINT. But again, this is from an external perspective.

How tough is the interview? Do you remember what kinds of questions they ask?
arab  
#14 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2018 7:21:35 PM(UTC)
arab

Any updates? Whats everyone's timeline? Im at 455 days/15 months since COE. Poly completed.
pbchris  
#15 Posted : Friday, June 29, 2018 8:16:16 AM(UTC)
pbchris

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Any updates for any position with DNI?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed