Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
swiftfox  
#41 Posted : Monday, August 06, 2018 3:30:30 AM(UTC)
swiftfox

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ninja123 Go to Quoted Post
I was right at the 8 week timeframe, myself. Touchstone will be in September.

What was your FJO date? I’m looking at the additional delay between FJO and Touchstone.
ninja123  
#42 Posted : Monday, August 06, 2018 4:20:25 AM(UTC)
ninja123

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: swiftfox Go to Quoted Post

What was your FJO date? I’m looking at the additional delay between FJO and Touchstone.

I think I got the phone call on July 30th, if I remember correctly. I've been working with HR since then to get some paperwork moving back and forth. I was told it will take me a little bit longer to onboard than most people because I'm already a fed. As is, I am scheduled for Touchstone the PP week of September 16.
swiftfox  
#43 Posted : Monday, August 06, 2018 5:06:17 AM(UTC)
swiftfox

I think I got the phone call on July 30th, if I remember correctly. I've been working with HR since then to get some paperwork moving back and forth. I was told it will take me a little bit longer to onboard than most people because I'm already a fed. As is, I am scheduled for Touchstone the PP week of September 16.

Oh speaking of. I generally don’t answer from numbers I don’t recognize but I’m terrified (maybe overly so) that I’ll miss their call. Any idea what the area code was so I can pay attention to it?
ninja123  
#44 Posted : Monday, August 06, 2018 6:46:46 AM(UTC)
ninja123

United States

Oh speaking of. I generally don’t answer from numbers I don’t recognize but I’m terrified (maybe overly so) that I’ll miss their call. Any idea what the area code was so I can pay attention to it?

I'm the same way. The call I got was from an "Unknown" number, rather than displaying an actual phone number that I didn't recognize. That was my first tip that this was unusual. Additionally, I was anticipating a call on a Monday, which, as per the HR people I've spoken with, is typically when calls go out (sometimes Friday). With these factors at play, I felt the risk of actually answering the call was worth it.
OrangePeel  
#45 Posted : Monday, August 06, 2018 8:23:40 AM(UTC)
OrangePeel

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 34 post(s)

I'm the same way. The call I got was from an "Unknown" number, rather than displaying an actual phone number that I didn't recognize. That was my first tip that this was unusual. Additionally, I was anticipating a call on a Monday, which, as per the HR people I've spoken with, is typically when calls go out (sometimes Friday). With these factors at play, I felt the risk of actually answering the call was worth it.

You got your call on a Monday Ninja?
ninja123  
#46 Posted : Monday, August 06, 2018 10:14:27 AM(UTC)
ninja123

United States

Originally Posted by: OrangePeel Go to Quoted Post

You got your call on a Monday Ninja?

Yup.
thanks 2 users thanked ninja123 for this useful post.
OrangePeel on 8/6/2018(UTC), ringslider on 8/6/2018(UTC)
Chevy82  
#47 Posted : Monday, August 06, 2018 2:40:31 PM(UTC)
Chevy82

Was thanked: 654 time(s) in 504 post(s)
I know its been over 12 months since my drug test. Im worried I'm going to "get the call", miss it because I cant have my cell phone at work, call back exciting and expecting an FJO, to find out its a routine pee test.

FML.
thanks 1 user thanked Chevy82 for this useful post.
ringslider on 8/7/2018(UTC)
blueblau72  
#48 Posted : Tuesday, August 07, 2018 9:35:29 AM(UTC)
blueblau72

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Contractor2Fed Go to Quoted Post
I received my CJO for analysis at the same event and after being cleared in April, I was picked up in 5 weeks. I’m starting Touchstone today.

That’s pretty encouraging. I’m looking at going into my 4th week since cleared this week. Thursday it’ll be the end of the 4th week so maybe there is hope yet to come.

I got cleared right before you (7/2) from same event for analysis! Still haven't gotten a call, but same boat as desperate & miserable at current job... I started applying to other things too because I'm worried it will take a bit longer to get the call! Crossing fingers to get on-boarded before end of fiscal year =/
ringslider  
#49 Posted : Tuesday, August 07, 2018 10:12:05 AM(UTC)
ringslider

United States

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 61 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Chevy82 Go to Quoted Post
I know its been over 12 months since my drug test. Im worried I'm going to "get the call", miss it because I cant have my cell phone at work, call back exciting and expecting an FJO, to find out its a routine pee test.

FML.

That's exactly what happened to me.....ARGH!!!! LMAO
Chevy82  
#50 Posted : Tuesday, August 07, 2018 10:15:17 AM(UTC)
Chevy82

Was thanked: 654 time(s) in 504 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ringslider Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Chevy82 Go to Quoted Post

FML.

That's exactly what happened to me.....ARGH!!!! LMAO

I actually called them today at OHR and mentioned my tinkle test wasnt up to date, and they said a new one was requested two weeks ago and the package arrived at a local test center, so I just have to go and potty in a cup.
swiftfox  
#51 Posted : Tuesday, August 07, 2018 8:02:55 PM(UTC)
swiftfox

Originally Posted by: blueblau72 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Contractor2Fed Go to Quoted Post
I received my CJO for analysis at the same event and after being cleared in April, I was picked up in 5 weeks. I’m starting Touchstone today.

That’s pretty encouraging. I’m looking at going into my 4th week since cleared this week. Thursday it’ll be the end of the 4th week so maybe there is hope yet to come.

I got cleared right before you (7/2) from same event for analysis! Still haven't gotten a call, but same boat as desperate & miserable at current job... I started applying to other things too because I'm worried it will take a bit longer to get the call! Crossing fingers to get on-boarded before end of fiscal year =/

Think that means I still have a couple more weeks to go if you're ahead of me and still waiting. Some of you folks waiting a year or more are terrifying and I send you all my best. I'm cleared for analysis too - don't remember if I stated that or not. Wonder what the probability is of them remembering specific people from the hiring event? I think at least one of the interviewers that I spoke with there was an upper leader based on the title he gave me.
blueblau72  
#52 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2018 7:16:19 AM(UTC)
blueblau72

United States

You never know, you might get a phone call before me as my background is pretty extensive in one region, which I am hoping to work on with the FJO. As far as them remembering, it probably depends on how new the interviewers are to being part of the interview process. I was told they have to volunteer to be one of the interviewers, so if they've gone through a couple of them, especially as there was quite a few career fairs hiring for analysis at that time, and the Herndon one was for ~400 applicants in total over two days, they may not remember, but who knows!
someoldguy  
#53 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2018 2:24:40 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 812 time(s) in 673 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kaliino Go to Quoted Post
DIA is a sinking ship who may or may not yell "ALL HANDS!" and hope that it's enough to survive for a few moments longer.

If DIA is a sinking ship then it has been sinking for a very long time yet somehow managed to stay afloat.

From what I've been able to find out about all the rumors of reorganizing DIA or taking roles and missions away, it seems like relatively minor stuff around the edges.

Just let the Captain know you want to get off, Kali, and you can disembark at the next port call. Be sure to pack your sea bag. I think our next liberty is in Hudaydah.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 08, 2018 2:29:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: no particular reason

DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
blueblau72  
#54 Posted : Thursday, August 09, 2018 4:58:02 AM(UTC)
blueblau72

United States

Originally Posted by: blueblau72 Go to Quoted Post
My background is pretty extensive in one region, which I am hoping to work on with the FJO.

You'd be shocked at how many people get hired to do things that don't match with their own background and/or talents. For example, there is a native Russian speaker, who focused on Eastern Europe his whole career... who, once hired by DIA, is working South America. Moral of this story? They don't give a ***** who you are or what you have done. DIA is a sinking ship who may or may not yell "ALL HANDS!" and hope that it's enough to survive for a few moments longer.

That's actually reassuring! As much as I would like to continue my work on the region, I don't want to wait exponentially longer just for an FJO for that region!
ninja123  
#55 Posted : Thursday, August 09, 2018 5:38:40 AM(UTC)
ninja123

United States

Originally Posted by: someoldguy Go to Quoted Post
DIA is a sinking ship who may or may not yell "ALL HANDS!" and hope that it's enough to survive for a few moments longer.

If DIA is a sinking ship then it has been sinking for a very long time yet somehow managed to stay afloat.

From what I've been able to find out about all the rumors of reorganizing DIA or taking roles and missions away, it seems like relatively minor stuff around the edges.

Just let the Captain know you want to get off, Kali, and you can disembark at the next port call. Be sure to pack your sea bag. I think our next liberty is in Hudaydah.

Could you please elaborate on what is being talked about in terms of taking roles and missions away? I haven't heard anything about that.
velcroTech  
#56 Posted : Thursday, August 09, 2018 6:39:26 AM(UTC)
velcroTech

Cayman Islands

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Originally Posted by: someoldguy Go to Quoted Post

Could you please elaborate on what is being talked about in terms of taking roles and missions away? I haven't heard anything about that.

DIA has grown so much over the past 15 years. They are not taking anything away, if anything they are getting more missions. There are positions in every region CONUS/OCONUS.
someoldguy  
#57 Posted : Thursday, August 09, 2018 2:39:09 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 812 time(s) in 673 post(s)

It has been an ongoing topic of discussion that DIA is doing too many things, but from what I have been able to determine purely from internet searches, they are not talking about the key missions. And I'm sure that if any of these ancillary functions are taken away, anyone working those areas will quickly be reassigned to other areas that are looking for people. Contractors could be impacted, but DIA civilians would not have much to worry about.

I think that whenever Congress or DoD or whoever looks at some function and asks, "why is DIA doing this," the question then becomes, "then who else should do it," and that's where the discussion seems to end.

And again, I'm strictly referring to information I've found on the internet... no inside baseball here.
DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
swiftfox  
#58 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2018 2:50:11 PM(UTC)
swiftfox

Just an update that I got an FJO, finally. But it's for CI, not Analysis. How would I go about finding out what is in this job description? I have no idea other than a branch and position title and would like to know more. Is it appropriate to ask for the job description?
thanks 1 user thanked swiftfox for this useful post.
ringslider on 9/5/2018(UTC)
ringslider  
#59 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2018 4:16:37 PM(UTC)
ringslider

United States

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 61 post(s)
Just an update that I got an FJO, finally. But it's for CI, not Analysis. How would I go about finding out what is in this job description? I have no idea other than a branch and position title and would like to know more. Is it appropriate to ask for the job description?

Congratulations on the FJO!!! I would look it up online, it may not be in-depth, but it will give you an idea of what you will be doing. Good luck and again, congratulations!

thanks 1 user thanked ringslider for this useful post.
swiftfox on 9/5/2018(UTC)
swiftfox  
#60 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2018 4:22:07 PM(UTC)
swiftfox

Originally Posted by: ringslider Go to Quoted Post

Congratulations on the FJO!!! I would look it up online, it may not be in-depth, but it will give you an idea of what you will be doing. Good luck and again, congratulations!

thank you thank you!!

does anyone know how easy it is to move from CI to analysis, should that be something i want to do in the future? honestly i'm pretty happy as-is but it's daunting going into a new place with no idea of the agency dynamics. i've looked for the position but can only find one vacancy announcement in a section completely different than mine, so i'm not sure how applicable it is.
thanks 1 user thanked swiftfox for this useful post.
ringslider on 9/5/2018(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed