Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Security Clearance

A security clearance is a status granted to individuals allowing them access to classified information. Those trying to get a clearance may have questions such as how does one go about attaining a clearance? And, what are the different levels? As well as other questions. This area will allow those that have clearances offer advice and suggestions to those inquiring about clearances or upgrading their clearances.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ScoobyDon't  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 09, 2018 3:53:45 PM(UTC)
ScoobyDon't

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

I am going through a background investigation to become a Background Investigator for an OPM/NBIB contractor. And I am going to be volunteering for my States Defense Force and drilling alongside Air National Guardsman.

If I have a top secret clearance the Air National Guard will assign me to a sensitive area which requires a top secret clearance.

My question is....will my completed OPM/NBIB TS/SCI show up in the database that the Air Force uses(which I think is JPAS??)?

Or, will they not be able to see my clearance?

BackGdInvestigator  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 8:57:25 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 57 post(s)
You will need to have your security manager ask DoD to adjudicate the NBIB T5. Letting the NG know the background investigation is completed should be your biggest step.

*DISCLAIMER*Correctly filling out your security forms will not guarantee you a clearance in 3 months BUT be sloppy and your case will be in the field a heck of a lot longer, guaranteed.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed