Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Employees: You be the Judge

Get real-life reviews of key court cases involving federal employees. Share your opinion on the outcomes of these cases, or participate in other discussions about workplace issues that may impact your job.

Be civil when debating with others in the forum. Uncivil remarks toward any other forum member is prohibited on FederalSoup and should be reported immediately.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
frankgonzalez  
#21 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2018 7:41:55 AM(UTC)
frankgonzalez

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 988 time(s) in 785 post(s)
Originally Posted by: nightchop Go to Quoted Post
Very true about the judges, frank. Speaking of which...the MSPB judge on my case is ACTIVELY helping agency counsel, to the point that the judge is basically rewriting my case to ensure an agency win. Not that I needed any, but it is further proof that the agency screwed up in the way they handled my situation. I am still trying to decide how I'm going to handle the issue with the MSPB judge. This person is completely out of line. I found a case of theirs that went to court. The litigant was pro se. I assume this particular AJ takes advantage of pro se complainants in this way, which is horrible. So much abuse of taxpayer money between the agency and MSPB in my case.

Even though you're pretty pro management (frank), I can at least appreciate that you do not actively discourage complainants from deciding what's best for them.
I'm not pro-management...but I'm not pro-complainant either. The reality is that most people file EEO complaints thinking this is the correct or only way to address an issue, and then they get upset when it turns out to not go the way they thought it should.

I've filed my own EEO complaint, and settled it right before the hearing. (I offered to settle throughout the process, but the agency my complaint was with kept declining to settle until after the depositions and they realized I might actually win. I did not engage legal counsel until I elected to go to hearing which saved some money...).

You should have voted Cthulu...the greatest of all Evils
nightchop  
#22 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2018 7:59:53 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Yes, I could tell my agency is used to making their case with depositions. That's easy to do when dealing with unrepresented and overwhelmed employees who you've placed in a position of having no income (which means they probably won't have the money to pay an attorney to fight you). Two of the agency reps on my case were very arrogant. During a discovery discussion, one attorney told me the agency was only planning to depose me, but after they saw my requests, they all of a sudden wanted to burden me with written discovery.

Edited by user Monday, August 27, 2018 8:01:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed