Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Emergency Management Agency

FEMA aims to support citizens and first responders to ensure that the nation works together to build, sustain and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
golfking  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 11:33:51 AM(UTC)
golfking

Groups: Registered
United States

I have questions. I am permanent employee by DoD and I applied FEMA for financial management position. I am going to have interview with them tomorrow. I just found out It is CORE NTE 2 years. since I am permanent employee, is it worth to try CORE position. what is the difference between CORE and Permanent.

TheRealOrange  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 2:11:27 AM(UTC)
TheRealOrange

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Originally Posted by: golfking Go to Quoted Post
I have questions. I am permanent employee by DoD and I applied FEMA for financial management position. I am going to have interview with them tomorrow. I just found out It is CORE NTE 2 years. since I am permanent employee, is it worth to try CORE position. what is the difference between CORE and Permanent.

It sounds to me like CORE positions are simply normal federal "Term" positions for a specific FEMA program (Cadre of On-Call Response/Recovery Employees). While the terms may be extended "if there is ongoing disaster work and funding is available," it does not appear that there is any guarantee of going beyond the initial 2- or 4-year term. Also, you would be giving up a permanent position. Therefore, you would be looking for employment after the term expires. I once did the same thing and the agency announced a downsizing during my term, so I was scrambling to find another permanent position. It's a pretty big risk, but personal/individual considerations are always a factor. Only you can decide if the risk is worth the potential reward.

https://careers.fema.gov...re-call-responserecovery
Rss Feed  Atom Feed