Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

General Conversations

Within this forum, you can:

• share experiences as a federal employee
  • ask for some general help from fellow federal employees
  • offer helpful advice
  • make this world a better place (doesn't hurt to try)

Please keep in mind that this is not an opportunity to "step up on a soap box." Let's keep things clean, polite and useful. Thanks for your cooperation.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
danton  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 12:15:09 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hi,

How can i find the results after being referred? When i check the status on the USAJOBS website i can see i was referred for many positions but i never received any other updates.
What i am really interested is to see why i was rejected.
THanks!

EDIT: probably i should have posted this thread under New Hire (or looking to be hired)

Edited by user Friday, August 31, 2018 12:19:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Endless Summer  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 2:36:01 AM(UTC)
Endless Summer

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 89 post(s)
Originally Posted by: danton Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

How can i find the results after being referred? When i check the status on the USAJOBS website i can see i was referred for many positions but i never received any other updates.
What i am really interested is to see why i was rejected.
THanks!

EDIT: probably i should have posted this thread under New Hire (or looking to be hired)

It's not uncommon to just never hear back on a referral. I got a notice last month that I was not selected for a position that I was referred on eight months earlier.

It is not so much that you got rejected but that there were other candidates that were a better fit. You could reach out to the POC number on the posting but I'd be shocked if you got any useful reply.

Or you could go the nuclear route, as someone here suggested once, and file a FOIA to get the info. Don't do that...

best advice is to review your resume carefully, answer the questionnaire honestly, and move on to the next application.

Good luck
DaVinci95  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 5:33:54 AM(UTC)
DaVinci95

United States

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 41 post(s)
A FOIA request may not even be helpful. Hiring officials aren't required to make notes on why you weren't selected. Typically when I got a cert, I'd read through the resumes and make 2 piles: one for further consideration and one for not. The ones in the "not" pile wouldn't have any documentation other than "not interviewed/not selected" in my spreadsheet. I got a FOIA request on one cert and the only documentation I had to send back regarding the requester was his application package.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed