Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
108 Pages«<106107108
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kay.Kay  
#2141 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2018 6:36:39 AM(UTC)
Kay.Kay

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Any movement for 2018 applicants?
CaitieMFT  
#2142 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2018 7:51:36 AM(UTC)
CaitieMFT

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 229K9 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CaitieMFT Go to Quoted Post
Just completed my background interview, and the investigator mentioned that my clearance was being expedited. Could that be because I have prior clearance from working for another federal agency? Just curious because all of the sudden we have a lot of movement!

Feb 2017- Applied
Nov 2017- Proctored Assessment
Feb 2018- Panel Interview
May 2018- Disclosure and Questionnaire
June 2018- Tentative Offer/Drug Screen/eQip invitation/Medical exams
July 2018- Completed eQip
August 2018- Background interview

I got an email at almost midnight last night to do eQip. HR then called me around 10 this morning to give me registration code before I even called. Said he was trying to get some done. I just finished BI with CBP last week and heard that may transfer over. I agree, the movement seems to be quick. Maybe DI52(?) trying to get slated before holidays so it can start in January? Or maybe we will be waiting another two years. Thoughts?

I’m hoping for January, as it sounds like they’re trying to cycle us through quickly, but I suppose we’ll see as it gets closer. The idea of another two years makes me want to scream, I don’t know if I could hold on that long. Since the BI came to my workplace I’ve become more worried about my job security, so it would be nice to have some light at the end lf the tunnel (although in my experience things never quite work out that way).
Proud2B  
#2143 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2018 5:06:38 AM(UTC)
Proud2B

United States

Seems that things are moving more rapidly now....hoping on a January class !

Applied 2/2017
Online Assessment 2/2017
External Assessment 11/2017
Panel Interview 2/2018
Questionnaire 5/2018
Tentative Offer 6/2018
Drug Screening 6/2018
Medical 7/2018
E-Qip 8/2018
Meeting w/Background Investigator 9/2018
luckydevil  
#2144 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2018 5:56:53 AM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Finally got my E-QIP this week. How long after did you guys meet with investigator?

Applied 2/2017
Online Assessment 2/2017
Panel Interview 2/2018
Questionnaire 5/2018
Tentative Offer 6/2018
Drug Screening 6/2018
Medical 6/2018
E-Qip 9/2018
CaitieMFT  
#2145 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2018 6:45:34 AM(UTC)
CaitieMFT

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: luckydevil Go to Quoted Post
Finally got my E-QIP this week. How long after did you guys meet with investigator?

Applied 2/2017
Online Assessment 2/2017
Panel Interview 2/2018
Questionnaire 5/2018
Tentative Offer 6/2018
Drug Screening 6/2018
Medical 6/2018
E-Qip 9/2018

I completed my eQip on 7/5/18, received the call to schedule with the background investigator on 8/13/18, and met with the BI on 8/20/18.
Hopeful that it will move that quickly for you as well!
thanks 1 user thanked CaitieMFT for this useful post.
luckydevil on 9/7/2018(UTC)
Cassandra3  
#2146 Posted : Friday, September 07, 2018 4:52:47 PM(UTC)
Cassandra3

United States

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Hey All,

As we get ready to head off to training in about a weeks time, I had a few pieces of advice for those still stuck in a waiting pattern.

1. GearUp, MrsL, and any other person who has been through the process, been in the agency, or who has retired--they are all great resources. That being said, remember, they can only provide so much information and things are subject to change. Do not get mad if GearUp says that one thing will happen and another thing does--they give as best of information as they can. I would not have survived 3 years of waiting without GearUp. MrsL has also been so helpful. (Don't forget to thank them for their help too). They deserve this board's thanks and respect.

2. Relax. You have to get on with your life while waiting for the next step. I accepted a promotion, studied for my Securities Licenses, and had so many personal life changes during those 3 years. If I'd turned down those opportunities because I was waiting for this job, I would not have all these experiences under my belt.

3. It's okay if it takes 3 years. It will be worth it. If you get offered another position during that time and need to let go of this opportunity, that's okay too. I had a huge discussion with my firm's director about whether I would turn down the opportunity when it came because of the success I was having at my job. In the end, I knew this was my dream job and that I could not pass up the opportunity. That being said, don't close any doors without leaving some open. Until you pass training, you aren't done. (I still have to pass training too lol)

4. Don't be discouraged if someone who applied same time as you gets in an earlier training class. All of our backgrounds are different and there is so much to the process that sets each person apart. It doesn't make anyone a better or worse candidate if they get in to an earlier or later class.

5. It's okay to let your heart jump and get your hopes up every time a new class is announced, but don't be discouraged if you don't get in to that class. Be realistic and compare timelines. If you just barely had your background interview, there's a good chance you won't be in the next class, but there's still a possibility.

6. Remember that there's so much to the process. I was originally medically disqualified. All I had to do was request review of it, go to my doctor, and have them examine/submit a letter stating their medical opinion on my condition. (Also, make sure you really are good to go. Be realistic.) I was worried when I first went that I would not be re-qualified, but the medical HR team and my doctor were all so helpful.

7. Be willing to ask. Deadlines are there for a reason but if something happens and you are not able to meet the deadline, ask. The worst they can say is no. Keep the lines of communication open with HR.

8. Be completely open and honest about it all. They will find out if you aren't. It's better to be honest and admit something that you might think will disqualify you than it is to lie and be disqualified as a untruthful.

9. MrsL had the best idea when it came to starting the WhatsApp group. We've been able to get to know each other without the stress of training and studying. That way, when we get into the thick of things, we already have a bond (at least that's my hope :P )

10. Lean on each other. I would not have made it through 3 years of waiting without this forum, the other candidates, and those who helped out.
thanks 9 users thanked Cassandra3 for this useful post.
CaitieMFT on 9/7/2018(UTC), Lunchmoney on 9/8/2018(UTC), OnPawtrol on 9/8/2018(UTC), Legend of Zella on 9/8/2018(UTC), DTJR on 9/8/2018(UTC), jeosbo01 on 9/8/2018(UTC), DRam2500 on 9/9/2018(UTC), MrsL on 9/9/2018(UTC), Chrissacks1 on 9/12/2018(UTC)
MrsL  
#2147 Posted : Sunday, September 09, 2018 4:27:07 PM(UTC)
MrsL

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Cassandra3 Go to Quoted Post
Hey All,

As we get ready to head off to training in about a weeks time, I had a few pieces of advice for those still stuck in a waiting pattern.

1. GearUp, MrsL, and any other person who has been through the process, been in the agency, or who has retired--they are all great resources. That being said, remember, they can only provide so much information and things are subject to change. Do not get mad if GearUp says that one thing will happen and another thing does--they give as best of information as they can. I would not have survived 3 years of waiting without GearUp. MrsL has also been so helpful. (Don't forget to thank them for their help too). They deserve this board's thanks and respect.

2. Relax. You have to get on with your life while waiting for the next step. I accepted a promotion, studied for my Securities Licenses, and had so many personal life changes during those 3 years. If I'd turned down those opportunities because I was waiting for this job, I would not have all these experiences under my belt.

3. It's okay if it takes 3 years. It will be worth it. If you get offered another position during that time and need to let go of this opportunity, that's okay too. I had a huge discussion with my firm's director about whether I would turn down the opportunity when it came because of the success I was having at my job. In the end, I knew this was my dream job and that I could not pass up the opportunity. That being said, don't close any doors without leaving some open. Until you pass training, you aren't done. (I still have to pass training too lol)

4. Don't be discouraged if someone who applied same time as you gets in an earlier training class. All of our backgrounds are different and there is so much to the process that sets each person apart. It doesn't make anyone a better or worse candidate if they get in to an earlier or later class.

5. It's okay to let your heart jump and get your hopes up every time a new class is announced, but don't be discouraged if you don't get in to that class. Be realistic and compare timelines. If you just barely had your background interview, there's a good chance you won't be in the next class, but there's still a possibility.

6. Remember that there's so much to the process. I was originally medically disqualified. All I had to do was request review of it, go to my doctor, and have them examine/submit a letter stating their medical opinion on my condition. (Also, make sure you really are good to go. Be realistic.) I was worried when I first went that I would not be re-qualified, but the medical HR team and my doctor were all so helpful.

7. Be willing to ask. Deadlines are there for a reason but if something happens and you are not able to meet the deadline, ask. The worst they can say is no. Keep the lines of communication open with HR.

8. Be completely open and honest about it all. They will find out if you aren't. It's better to be honest and admit something that you might think will disqualify you than it is to lie and be disqualified as a untruthful.

9. MrsL had the best idea when it came to starting the WhatsApp group. We've been able to get to know each other without the stress of training and studying. That way, when we get into the thick of things, we already have a bond (at least that's my hope :P )

10. Lean on each other. I would not have made it through 3 years of waiting without this forum, the other candidates, and those who helped out.

Well put. Good luck to all. BDI 51, congrats, you'll be fine!
thanks 1 user thanked MrsL for this useful post.
Chrissacks1 on 9/12/2018(UTC)
GearUp  
#2148 Posted : Sunday, September 09, 2018 8:36:39 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 392 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Good luck to all who were selected to join the DEA and attend BDI #51. Focus on your studies and don't get caught up in the BS. Go with the flow. Its only 12 weeks. You'll all do fine. Cooperate and graduate! Know that you'll be joining a very select group of professionals who work every day in completing a very important mission. Know that you are one of less than 500 individuals in the world doing what we do. I can't promise that you won't run into jerks and butt holes during training and during your career because you will. But stay focused. Don't let them get in your way. Remember you worked hard and waited a long time for this. You are joining the DEA at a very critical time what with the current crisis. DEA and the Diversion program are changing and exciting times are ahead. We need each and everyone of you to graduate and join us in the field.

To those in the process - don't give up. Everyone, including those at HQ and HR, knows the process is slow and burdensome but we only want the best. Hang in there. Your time will come. In the mean time live your life. Don't pass up anything waiting for that call. Cassandra3 offers up some very good advice and tips.

Again, congrats to those selected to attend BDI #51. Go with an open mind and positive attitude. Its only 12 weeks. Follow the rules and play the game. Help each other. Cooperate and graduate!!!

Best of luck to all.

P.S. When you graduate, please consider continuing on with this forum and offering advice and guidance to those waiting in the wings.
thanks 4 users thanked for this useful post.
Alm0266 on 9/10/2018(UTC), Cassandra3 on 9/10/2018(UTC), CaitieMFT on 9/13/2018(UTC), BootnGrind on 9/16/2018(UTC)
Lkrsfan77  
#2149 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 10:19:04 AM(UTC)
Lkrsfan77

United States

Does anyone know if the BDI 51 is filled? On Friday, I received an email stating I had until today to accept and sign a risk letter for an interim clearance which I immediately sent to the suitability department. I'm a November 2016 applicant. Long time lurker, first time poster.
believer  
#2150 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 3:43:41 PM(UTC)
believer

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GearUp Go to Quoted Post
Good luck to all who were selected to join the DEA and attend BDI #51. Focus on your studies and don't get caught up in the BS. Go with the flow. Its only 12 weeks. You'll all do fine. Cooperate and graduate! Know that you'll be joining a very select group of professionals who work every day in completing a very important mission. Know that you are one of less than 500 individuals in the world doing what we do. I can't promise that you won't run into jerks and butt holes during training and during your career because you will. But stay focused. Don't let them get in your way. Remember you worked hard and waited a long time for this. You are joining the DEA at a very critical time what with the current crisis. DEA and the Diversion program are changing and exciting times are ahead. We need each and everyone of you to graduate and join us in the field.

To those in the process - don't give up. Everyone, including those at HQ and HR, knows the process is slow and burdensome but we only want the best. Hang in there. Your time will come. In the mean time live your life. Don't pass up anything waiting for that call. Cassandra3 offers up some very good advice and tips.

Again, congrats to those selected to attend BDI #51. Go with an open mind and positive attitude. Its only 12 weeks. Follow the rules and play the game. Help each other. Cooperate and graduate!!!

Best of luck to all.

P.S. When you graduate, please consider continuing on with this forum and offering advice and guidance to those waiting in the wings.

believer  
#2151 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 3:45:08 PM(UTC)
believer

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
make sue you trust in those worthy of that trust. things are not as they seem to be. love is all you need . and integrity.
thanks 1 user thanked believer for this useful post.
BootnGrind on 9/16/2018(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed