Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Defense


The Department of Defense (DoD) is charged with coordinating and supervising all agencies and functions of the government relating directly to national security and the United States armed forces. The mission of the Department of Defense is to provide the military forces needed to deter war and to protect the security of our country.

The Department of Defense is America's oldest and largest government agency -tracing its roots back to pre-Revolutionary times. Today, the Department is not only in charge of the military, but it also employs a civilian force of thousands. With over 1.4 million men and women on active duty, and 718,000 civilian personnel, DoD is the nation's largest employer. Another 1.1 million serve in the National Guard and Reserve forces. More than 2 million military retirees and their family members receive benefits.

Perhaps you are working for the DoD or interested in working for the DoD. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DoD.
4 Pages«<234
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CivSer67  
#61 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 4:02:19 AM(UTC)
CivSer67

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2015(UTC)
Posts: 357
Man
Germany

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Nice google translation Frank... the rest is like a broken record
frankgonzalez  
#62 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 5:24:17 AM(UTC)
frankgonzalez

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)
Posts: 4,809

Thanks: 56 times
Was thanked: 830 time(s) in 653 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CivSer67 Go to Quoted Post
Nice google translation Frank... the rest is like a broken record

Well, my certificates for french and German say otherwise...though Google translate was used to verify translation was close! I was educated in Europe from 7-18, and not in DoD schools, but in local schools. Plus, Spanish is the language of my family. And, Uncle Sam sent me to DLI...so there is that.

And again, you fail to address what I actually said and resort to personal attacks. So, in a debate, that usually means you have nothing to support your claims, and my bottomline statement is accurate.

So...again, you prove yourself a troll who makes big claims, fails to support it, and attacks anyone who dares questions those claims.

My bottomline even acknowledges that some can get extensions...I only say don't rely on getting one (the old saying of putting all your eggs in one basket comes to mind), and have a backup plan just in case. I tried to meet you part way...but that is what I get for trying to find a place we could both agree on!


You should have voted Cthulu...the greatest of all Evils
thanks 1 user thanked frankgonzalez for this useful post.
Al329 on 10/11/2018(UTC)
CivSer67  
#63 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 5:44:17 AM(UTC)
CivSer67

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2015(UTC)
Posts: 357
Man
Germany

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Hah... it is a direct cut and paste from Google translation! tell me Fraud Frank (without looking it up) which key has the Deutsche Umlaut? I will assume it was here in Germany, So you completed your Gymnasium and you have your 'Abi' as well? What do you have it in?

Edited by user Wednesday, October 10, 2018 5:50:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: to prove frank is a fraud

CivSer67  
#64 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 5:55:09 AM(UTC)
CivSer67

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2015(UTC)
Posts: 357
Man
Germany

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Frank.. Do you know the word 'Claim'? I asked for numbers and provided them that is all. I never laid fact to anything. My words are still true, more and more are receiving 5-7 year extensions. Now, you're not only ignorant with what you assert, you're also a fraud as you google translations and then paste them as if they were your own.
frankgonzalez  
#65 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 6:08:19 AM(UTC)
frankgonzalez

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)
Posts: 4,809

Thanks: 56 times
Was thanked: 830 time(s) in 653 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CivSer67 Go to Quoted Post
Hah... it is a direct cut and paste from Google translation! tell me Fraud Frank (without looking it up) which key has the Deutsche Umlaut? I will assume it was here in Germany, So you completed your Gymnasium and you have your 'Abi' as well? What do you have it in?
Not Germany...quit presuming.

And, to answer your question Alt-0252 for ü, but it depends on the letter (Capital A with umlaut, lowercase o and upper case U are different Alt numbers), so i look them up when i go to use them, unless I have been using them frequently (as I do Spanish accents)....or, if I use my phone, I can switch keyboards to a another language one for ease.
For example Alt-0225 give you the correct á in my last name. When you have friends and family around the world, and use different languages to write to them, I prefer a direct keyboard, especially in languages that do not use the Latin alphabet (like Russian or especially Arabic). Makes it way easier. So I have some overlays for my US keyboard to simplify my life at home.

But, I notice you keep avoiding the argument, and misdirect to issues that have nothing to do with the initial claim you made and continue the personal attacks.

I will ask again, what is inaccurate with my statement: I only say don't rely on getting one (the old saying of putting all your eggs in one basket comes to mind), and have a backup plan just in case.

And, if only 10% were getting extensions...doubling that would mean a 100% increase. Without the actual number of requests for extensions, the increase means little. Are more being approved (increase in percentage of requests approved), or are more requesting extensions (but the percentage approved remains steady)?

Again, you are making the claim...and more people on this forum alone have provided experiences that counter yours.

You should have voted Cthulu...the greatest of all Evils
CivSer67  
#66 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 9:13:22 PM(UTC)
CivSer67

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2015(UTC)
Posts: 357
Man
Germany

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Fraud, I mean Frank... No I mean Fraud, there is no argument, you are trying to make one out of nothing. I have yet to see anyone counter my experience, because none have had my experience there Fraud Gonzalez! Was it hard to Google the umlaut info as well? just admit Fraud...you had to search your German and then paste it!
frankgonzalez  
#67 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 2:55:25 AM(UTC)
frankgonzalez

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)
Posts: 4,809

Thanks: 56 times
Was thanked: 830 time(s) in 653 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CivSer67 Go to Quoted Post
Fraud, I mean Frank... No I mean Fraud, there is no argument, you are trying to make one out of nothing. I have yet to see anyone counter my experience, because none have had my experience there Fraud Gonzalez! Was it hard to Google the umlaut info as well? just admit Fraud...you had to search your German and then paste it!
Trolling, trolling, trolling...got to keep on trolling can't answer the questions cuz he knows he can't dispute....



You should have voted Cthulu...the greatest of all Evils
CivSer67  
#68 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 2:57:49 AM(UTC)
CivSer67

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2015(UTC)
Posts: 357
Man
Germany

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)
there is no question to answer Fraud!
frankgonzalez  
#69 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 4:22:48 AM(UTC)
frankgonzalez

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)
Posts: 4,809

Thanks: 56 times
Was thanked: 830 time(s) in 653 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CivSer67 Go to Quoted Post
there is no question to answer Fraud!
Again the trolling...

Quote:
I will ask again, what is inaccurate with my statement: I only say don't rely on getting one (the old saying of putting all your eggs in one basket comes to mind), and have a backup plan just in case.


As you seem to avoid the questions and like personal attacks...I will expect you to continue them, and I will ignore you from now on until you actually answer the above. And plenty of people here in Fedsoup have provided opposite experiences to your claims of getting an extension being easy.

So...continue on Trolling, trolling, trolling...trolling all the day...


You should have voted Cthulu...the greatest of all Evils
thanks 1 user thanked frankgonzalez for this useful post.
Al329 on 10/11/2018(UTC)
CivSer67  
#70 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 4:34:05 AM(UTC)
CivSer67

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2015(UTC)
Posts: 357
Man
Germany

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)
ok fraud... that what you posted, was never an issue as I never said anything against it and I have no comment on it as it does not warrant one as I see it....that is all that matters! Plenty of people...haven't seen any! continue using google to expand your foreign language skills there Mr. Fraud Gonzalez!
frankgonzalez  
#71 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2018 8:33:59 AM(UTC)
frankgonzalez

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)
Posts: 4,809

Thanks: 56 times
Was thanked: 830 time(s) in 653 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CivSer67 Go to Quoted Post
ok fraud... that what you posted, was never an issue as I never said anything against it and I have no comment on it as it does not warrant one as I see it....that is all that matters! Plenty of people...haven't seen any! continue using google to expand your foreign language skills there Mr. Fraud Gonzalez!

Still making personal attacks...so still trolling. But you did (sorta) answer the question. But as to your point...in this thread alone there was this:
Originally Posted by: frankgonzalez Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CivSer67 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: EEngiNerd Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FatHappyCat Go to Quoted Post
The worse thing isn't that he's trolling or being an asshat; this is the internet, that's to be expected. However the spread of unrealistic expectation for people who don't know and suddenly thinks these waivers are a dime a dozen is a serious problem that affects people's live.

I mean the I always help people via PM is already stretching it but I honestly lost it when he said DoS's mission is not overseas...



I know a DoS guy who worked at Patch Barracks in Stuttgart (IT field) and he said for he and his DoS wife, getting to spend 5 yrs in DE took having to assignments in less than desirable locations first. He did have to rotate back to the US at the end of of his 5 yrs though. He didn't know about DoS's 'secret magic extension waiver' I suppose.



No one said Army (I suppose since he was in Stuttgart)was smart. DoS has a greater than 50% 3-5 year extension and a 33% 5-7 year extension since 2014 from what my CPS told me. DoD is higher for 3-5 and just over 17% for 5-7 years...same time frame.
Try to read what was posted...unless you are trolling. The post you quoted said the DoS guy and his DoS wife....not Army or DoD. So, a data point contradicting your experience was provided.

Extending to 5 years is usually not an issue (no-one here has really questioned that, I think). It is the beyond 5 years we are saying is rare and difficult. And lets see..18% (which is higher than what you quoted as just over 17%) means that less than 1 in 5 people can get a waiver. So...getting a waiver is rare. Now I would like to see how many of that DoD number are the DoDEA and DeCA personnel. If they are included, then it would mean that the number for the rest of DoD is way lower.

And, even using the DoS numbers you provided...2 out of 3 have to go back to the states. So...a majority do not get a waiver, even in DoS.

And the mission of DoS is outside the US. Simply because the majority of the people are back in the US does not change the mission. The military's mission is to break things and kill people...even though the majority of people in uniform do not directly do those things.



But you seem to like to argue and ignore anything that may contradict your point. So, this is our last interaction.
You should have voted Cthulu...the greatest of all Evils
CivSer67  
#72 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 2:55:37 AM(UTC)
CivSer67

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2015(UTC)
Posts: 357
Man
Germany

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)
GFY Fraud...copy and pasting again, just like your Google language skills. Glad you think you know everything! Now I can ask you to provide the facts.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
4 Pages«<234
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.


This page was generated in 0.126 seconds.