Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Relocating

Are you considering relocating your federal career - either by your choice or by Uncle Sam? There are practical issues and concerns to think about when deciding whether or not to relocate. Others have done it while still others have not. This forum will allow for all to offer their insight, post their questions, and help each other out.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RMZB  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2018 5:30:44 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I recently PCS'd with the Army. When I was talking with a customer service rep at DFAS she said during my TQSE portion of my PCS that for meals I only get reimbursed for what I eat daily and not a daily per diem rate. Say I'm allotted $50 per day and only eat $20 she said I'd only get $20. That seemed odd.....does anyone know for sure? On my PCS orders is says TQSE is Yes and "actual expense" is checked off.

Thank you
JDSIII  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2018 10:51:15 PM(UTC)
JDSIII

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 32 post(s)
That's correct, you get what you claim that you have spent. Up to $50 per day, if you don't claim anything (fasting?!?) it would be zero.
USTrans  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2018 8:03:58 AM(UTC)
USTrans

Man
Germany

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I guess you will be eating good! It will be under 75.00 per meal, so you will not need to show a receipt ;)
FedCivServ  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2018 8:50:19 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 153 time(s) in 133 post(s)
I have PCS'd 5 times and what i found out the last time i PCS'd that i never knew before is the travel pay folks totaled up what the monthly per diem was and divided it by 30. If my total i spent during that timeframe did not exceed that total amount they paid me. If it did, they limited it to that total. So for example one day i spent more than the max on food but another day i spent less; but since i didn't go over the total monthly allowance, they paid me for the day i went over. I am pretty sure my orders said actual expense. just something to keep in mind and keep receipts for everything... just in case. i had a huge ziplock bag that i kept until everything was totally settled.
GWPDA  
#5 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2018 11:57:47 AM(UTC)
GWPDA

Was thanked: 429 time(s) in 359 post(s)
Are you a DA civilian or Army military? DA civilians are authorised a flat rate per diem. If the M&IE is $70/day, and you're on TDY for ten whole days, it's $700. How you use it is up to you. I don't eat much and as a result walk away with a bit left over.
frankgonzalez  
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 04, 2018 1:28:26 PM(UTC)
frankgonzalez

Was thanked: 843 time(s) in 666 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GWPDA Go to Quoted Post
Are you a DA civilian or Army military? DA civilians are authorised a flat rate per diem. If the M&IE is $70/day, and you're on TDY for ten whole days, it's $700. How you use it is up to you. I don't eat much and as a result walk away with a bit left over.
They are not TDY, they are on PCS and claiming TQSE...slightly different.
You should have voted Cthulu...the greatest of all Evils
GWPDA  
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 04, 2018 6:35:24 PM(UTC)
GWPDA

Was thanked: 429 time(s) in 359 post(s)
True, Frank, - and thus my question. DA Civilian or Army? I've been a DA civilian on PCS and that's a thing. Being Army - a different thing. "I recently PCS'd with the Army. When I was talking with a customer service rep at DFAS she said during my TQSE portion of my PCS that for meals I only get reimbursed for what I eat daily and not a daily per diem rate. Say I'm allotted $50 per day and only eat $20 she said I'd only get $20. That seemed odd.....""

Always hard to tell one from the other!
djp  
#8 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 11:34:41 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 98 time(s) in 96 post(s)
Originally Posted by: frankgonzalez Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GWPDA Go to Quoted Post
They are not TDY, they are on PCS and claiming TQSE...slightly different.

TDY and TQSE are roughly the same rules unless something has changed.

When I was on TQSE MIE was at the base rate not an individual meal receipt thing...it depends on their travel documents.

upandup  
#9 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2018 7:32:51 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Yes, for TQSE Actual Expense, only amounts actually spent on meals can be reimbursed (and are itemized on the DD2912 http://www.esd.whs.mil/P...s/DD/forms/dd/dd2912.pdf )

There is also TQSE Lump Sum which is much less paperwork, but is discretionary, and is limited to a flat rate based on 30 days.

https://www.dfas.mil/civ...loyees/civrelo/tqse.html
Rss Feed  Atom Feed