Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Workers' Compensation

The Office of Workers' Compensation Programs administers four major disability compensation programs which provide wage replacement benefits, medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation and other benefits to certain workers or their dependents who experience work-related injury or occupational disease.

Here is a forum for members to share and exchange experiences regarding to workers' compensation related issues.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FrankJr  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 10:12:23 AM(UTC)
FrankJr

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 86 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Frog360 Go to Quoted Post
Hello all -

I have a torn rotators cuff - happened at work -

Was told i HAVE to file with OWCP -
Now OWCP is saying I dont have enough evidence to support the claim.

It took them nearly 3 months for approval for an MRI - I have a 75% tear in my supraspinatus and 25% Labram tear.
My shoulder was also dislocated as a direct result of the PULL.

It aggravated other issues - - dislodged ribs, severe arthritis and bone spurs in my neck and back. Which is a domino effect - - as my body is exhausted from kicking cancers butt.

I am losing feeling in 3 fingers - - and feel like I am having a mental break down - the pain is constant - non stop and all consuming.

I have been told SO MANY different things - - I have no idea what I should be doing - Should I hire an attorney? I generally disagree with coming to any table with an attorney - - however I had breast cancer in 2014 - they removed lymph nodes. Any injury or swelling in my arms could lead to lymphadema - (my arm could swell bigger than my thigh and would stay that way)

I cannot afford to take time off of work -- so I have been using all my leave. Now that is exhausted - - I am able to make up the time that I miss - by working longer hours. Which I am grateful for. I cannot afford to take a pay cut - -
Is it true OWCP only reimburses a portion of my income - I cannot afford to take a cut as I am still receiving treatment for my cancer - - and that costs money.

What things should I be aware of?
What is the most income conserving thing for me?

Are there things I can / should do to expedite the process? There has to be something to move this along.

I heard there are a lot of benefits OWCP will pay - - but they don't make it common knowledge - - - I just found out that I can ask my doctor to write an Rx for an assistant to help me with day to day activities - the entire time I recover from surgery.

What are the other things?

I am SO CLOSE to having a break down - - literally. I cannot even concentrate anymore.

Thank you in advance -

Too much information. The better audience is a lawyer and a therapist, not a public forum.
Rivkah  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 11:47:39 AM(UTC)
Rivkah

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Go to theowcpclassroom.blogspot.com. It is literally an online classroom with everything you need to know about owcp. You can get questions answered on the blog and contact Jesse for assistance with your claim. She is more knowledgeable than most attorneys and much less expensive.
thanks 1 user thanked Rivkah for this useful post.
Frog360 on 11/18/2018(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed