Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Office of Personnel Management

OPM is responsible for several broad categories such as employee recruitment and retention and oversees the overall federal workforce including managing, job announcement postings at USAJOBS.gov and setting governmentwide policies on hiring procedures.
10 Pages«<8910
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RickC137  
#181 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 12:15:30 PM(UTC)
RickC137

Groups: Registered

Made room...Thanks.
Mtc17227  
#182 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 5:04:33 PM(UTC)
Mtc17227

I am a current federal employee working for the Bureau of Prisons for 8 years and been wanting to get into NBIB for several years now. I have been wondering if I should gain experience and maybe applying to a Field Investigator position with SCIS in hoping to one day become an Investigator for NBIB. I guess that would mean I will have to get out of the federal government, which I am nervous about. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Fed Investigator  
#183 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 5:17:16 PM(UTC)
Fed Investigator

Was thanked: 139 time(s) in 116 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mtc17227 Go to Quoted Post
I am a current federal employee working for the Bureau of Prisons for 8 years and been wanting to get into NBIB for several years now. I have been wondering if I should gain experience and maybe applying to a Field Investigator position with SCIS in hoping to one day become an Investigator for NBIB. I guess that would mean I will have to get out of the federal government, which I am nervous about. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Being a contract Investigator will not give you a leg up in applying for OPM positions. You need a four year degree and some experience. I would not get out of the government, it's hard to get back in.

Just keep applying. If you can move, apply to every opening. DOD is in the process of taking over the program, so who knows what hiring will look like in the near future.

Reloaded85  
#184 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2018 9:52:36 AM(UTC)
Reloaded85

United States

I've applied numerous times for vacancies and was referred to each one but never got a call for even 1 interview. I'm a current federal employee w/ a TS clearance, veteran, and Master's from a tier 1 school. What kind of applicants are they looking for!?!

Edited by user Tuesday, December 04, 2018 9:53:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Fed Investigator  
#185 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2018 5:08:15 AM(UTC)
Fed Investigator

Hundreds of applications are received for one position, veterans get preference so it's mostly all veterans, the pedigree of the degree doesn't matter and neither does holding a clearance for the initial referral. The clearance will help expedite your on-boarding once you are hired. If you've applied numerous times, I assume you are probably in the DC area as that is where the most vacancies are, if that's the case, you have a ton of competition.

All you can do is keep applying, the crappier the area, the less competition you have.

It's a super frustrating process for sure.
someoldguy  
#186 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2018 6:19:22 AM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 812 time(s) in 673 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Fed Investigator Go to Quoted Post
DOD is in the process of taking over the program, so who knows what hiring will look like in the near future.
@Fed Investigator, I don't suppose you've heard any timeline for the transition, have you?

Even if all they were doing was moving NBIB out of OPM to DoD, it would take months. And according to what we've seen in the press, they're talking about doing a lot more than that.

DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
Fed Investigator  
#187 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2018 9:43:57 AM(UTC)
Fed Investigator

Originally Posted by: someoldguy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Fed Investigator Go to Quoted Post
DOD is in the process of taking over the program, so who knows what hiring will look like in the near future.
@Fed Investigator, I don't suppose you've heard any timeline for the transition, have you?

Even if all they were doing was moving NBIB out of OPM to DoD, it would take months. And according to what we've seen in the press, they're talking about doing a lot more than that.

The EO creating the new agency between NBIB and DSS was supposed to be signed before Thanksgiving, that was all the talk but since then I've heard nothing.

Guess they have a few things to iron out, lol.
thanks 1 user thanked Fed Investigator for this useful post.
someoldguy on 12/5/2018(UTC)
BackGdInvestigator  
#188 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2018 2:27:02 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 65 post(s)
The EO has been sitting in the WH since before June as rumor and Fed Radio reports.

Who knows what the hold up is....
*DISCLAIMER*Correctly filling out your security forms will not guarantee you a clearance in 3 months BUT be sloppy and your case will be in the field a heck of a lot longer, guaranteed.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed