Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
shawnkumar  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2018 12:09:46 PM(UTC)
shawnkumar

Groups: Registered

Hi all
we are expecting baby in April 2019. I am currently enrolled in BCBS FFS Basic. Would that be okay for a normal pregnancy and delivery without complications or do you guys recommends shifting to Standard . Please recommend based on your experience.
When I used the comparison tool I found Basic had affordable options than Standard that confused me.
I live in Denver COlorado
S D Analyst  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2018 3:07:33 PM(UTC)
SD Analyst

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 428 time(s) in 367 post(s)
Originally Posted by: shawnkumar Go to Quoted Post
Hi all
we are expecting baby in April 2019. I am currently enrolled in BCBS FFS Basic. Would that be okay for a normal pregnancy and delivery without complications or do you guys recommends shifting to Standard . Please recommend based on your experience.
When I used the comparison tool I found Basic had affordable options than Standard that confused me.
I live in Denver COlorado

The only issue with Basic is that the Provider MUST be on the Preferred Providers list, or BC pays NOTHING! If you even suspect that you might have problems with Dr's/other medical providers not being on the Preferred Providers list, I would choose Standard. Standard at least pays something if the Provider is not on the Preferred Providers list. Also, Standard pays more on procedures and their copays are less.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed