Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Financial Discussion

It is always wise to have a secure financial foundation. Here is a place to ask questions, exchange ideas and share information on how to make the most of your money.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee related news visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kriskupn  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2018 1:27:27 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I’m currently in a NH03 position under ACQ Demo. I applied for a GS13 Position at another agency. My NH03 pay is equivalent to a GS 12 Step 4. If I get the job would I be entitled to the GS 13, Step 1 or something else? I’ve read the conversion posts but am still unsure. In my office everyone has a differing opinion...mostly yes, Step 1 but some others think Step 4. Help!
frankgonzalez  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2018 5:45:33 AM(UTC)
frankgonzalez

Was thanked: 963 time(s) in 765 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kriskupn Go to Quoted Post
I’m currently in a NH03 position under ACQ Demo. I applied for a GS13 Position at another agency. My NH03 pay is equivalent to a GS 12 Step 4. If I get the job would I be entitled to the GS 13, Step 1 or something else? I’ve read the conversion posts but am still unsure. In my office everyone has a differing opinion...mostly yes, Step 1 but some others think Step 4. Help!
Steps for conversion are typically:
Convert pay band salary to GS grades/step equal to, but not less than your current pay (this means if you make $1 more than a step, say step 4, then you are taken to the next highest step in that grade),
After converting current pay to GS, then the 2 step promotion rules apply. If you come out of the ACQ demo as a GS12 step 4, then you get GS13 step 1. But if you come out at GS12 step 5, then you'd promote to GS13 step 2.

HR gurus...am I missing anything?

You should have voted Cthulu...the greatest of all Evils
HR Bubba  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2018 3:17:01 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 190 post(s)
If he was selected from a DE certificate, the action is not processed as a promotion, so no 2 step rule. Rather, they can set the pay at step 1 or authorize Highest Previous Rate. For conversion out of acqdemo as an NH-03, if your salary meets/exceeds the salary for a GS-13 step 4 then your grade on conversion out of the demo will be 13, else it will be GS-12 and if your salary falls between 2 steps you will get the benefit of the higher step.
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
SD Analyst on 2/25/2019(UTC)
frankgonzalez  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2018 4:35:06 AM(UTC)
frankgonzalez

Was thanked: 963 time(s) in 765 post(s)
Originally Posted by: HR Bubba Go to Quoted Post
If he was selected from a DE certificate, the action is not processed as a promotion, so no 2 step rule. Rather, they can set the pay at step 1 or authorize Highest Previous Rate. For conversion out of acqdemo as an NH-03, if your salary meets/exceeds the salary for a GS-13 step 4 then your grade on conversion out of the demo will be 13, else it will be GS-12 and if your salary falls between 2 steps you will get the benefit of the higher step.
But if it is not a DE cert, is what I posted the manner the OP would have the pay set? (ie Convert out to GS, then 2 step rule to the next grade?)

You should have voted Cthulu...the greatest of all Evils
Rss Feed  Atom Feed