Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.



Federal Workers' Compensation

The Office of Workers' Compensation Programs administers four major disability compensation programs which provide wage replacement benefits, medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation and other benefits to certain workers or their dependents who experience work-related injury or occupational disease.

Here is a forum for members to share and exchange experiences regarding to workers' compensation related issues.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2018 2:13:25 PM(UTC)

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/8/2010(UTC)
Posts: 119

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
owcp is refusing to pay me for travel,lodging,lost time from work and meals to my surgeon for another procedure therefor I am being denied medical treatment, how do I get them to reverse this decision?
#2 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2018 1:29:56 PM(UTC)

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/9/2001(UTC)
Posts: 2,364

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 192 time(s) in 167 post(s)
You will need to ask your Claims Examiner for a formal decision that you can appeal.

In the future try to get any travel over 100 miles "pre-authorized" in advance. Appeals take time.
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 1:46:53 PM(UTC)

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/5/2016(UTC)
Posts: 492
United States
Location: Washington

Thanks: 25 times
Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 89 post(s)
Yeah, I never got any either and just decided to take the under $100 hit if it would avoid complicating my case.
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2019 11:45:29 AM(UTC)

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/26/2013(UTC)
Posts: 232

Thanks: 20 times
Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 11 post(s)
was it a visit they scheduled? how far from your house was it? They are not paying you milage either? I'd call the claims examiner. If that doesn't work I'd notify the inspector generals office and also send your congressman a note and have them do an congressional inquire...... We ALL NEED TO TAKE A Stand when it comes to OWCP, it was put in place for the injured worker, we didn't ask to be injured.....Please follow up.
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
mr222 on 2/17/2019(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

This page was generated in 0.276 seconds.