Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

21 Pages«<910111213>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Vlad73  
#201 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2019 11:18:47 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Dune26 Go to Quoted Post

For those who took the test in mid-December, any news yet?

Nada, zip. bupkus, zilch.
Bruce  
#202 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2019 12:21:09 PM(UTC)
Bruce

United States

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Vlad73 Go to Quoted Post

Same; I think with the holidays now over the results should be rolling in over the next two weeks.
John Kimble  
#203 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2019 1:44:23 PM(UTC)

Is anyone reapplying after passing P2?

I had a P3 invite but turned it down for a different position.

I reapplied in September, but my account still says "under review"

Just seeing if this is normal or if it means I am not considered this time around.
Niaj  
#204 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2019 3:25:02 PM(UTC)
Niaj

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: John Kimble Go to Quoted Post
Is anyone reapplying after passing P2?

I had a P3 invite but turned it down for a different position.

I reapplied in September, but my account still says "under review"

Just seeing if this is normal or if it means I am not considered this time around.

Normally if you reapply, you pick up where you left off. Depending on what region you're in it may take time, as they are starting from the east coast to the west coast.
IA App - 9/27/18
Phase I - 11/26/18 (12/6/18)
Phase II - 12/6/18 (12/13/18)
Niaj  
#205 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2019 3:27:01 PM(UTC)
Niaj

Originally Posted by: Bruce Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Vlad73 Go to Quoted Post

Same; I think with the holidays now over the results should be rolling in over the next two weeks.

Hopefully, we get some good news this week. I'm coming up on 4 weeks.
IA App - 9/27/18
Bruce  
#206 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2019 3:36:58 PM(UTC)
Bruce

United States

So far the only notifications (that we have seen on this board) have been nagative for P2; do you think they respond to all of the 'no' applications first and then sort through the 'yes' pile?

I would have guessed that they would work through them chronologically by region; maybe there is a triage method to the madness.....
Niaj  
#207 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2019 4:23:03 PM(UTC)
Niaj

So far the only notifications (that we have seen on this board) have been nagative for P2; do you think they respond to all of the 'no' applications first and then sort through the 'yes' pile?

I would have guessed that they would work through them chronologically by region; maybe there is a triage method to the madness.....

I would think they would grade by date. I would like to think if one person rates it a no, a backup person looks at it to confirm or overrule. which is why it may take a while. From the other forums, it's been yes' & no's.
IA App - 9/27/18
thanks 1 user thanked Niaj for this useful post.
Bruce on 1/7/2019(UTC)
wskv  
#208 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2019 5:23:16 PM(UTC)
wskv

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Niaj Go to Quoted Post

I would think they would grade by date. I would like to think if one person rates it a no, a backup person looks at it to confirm or overrule. which is why it may take a while. From the other forums, it's been yes' & no's.

From what I've noticed with the couple of no's in this 2018 thread, they've arrived at around the 3 week mark. That consistency combined with the online testing at proctor sites (versus paper-and-pencil at a FO) makes me think (and hope) that it's chronological.

Is anyone nearing or beyond the 3 week mark without hearing anything about their p2?
IA Applicant
Applied: 9 Sep 2018
Phase I: 21 Dec 2018
Phase II: 31 Dec 2018
PII Results: 23 Jan 2019
mst2018  
#209 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2019 5:56:15 PM(UTC)
mst2018

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I took mine on the 16th and nothing yet so yes it’s been 3 weeks. I am so scared about it
thanks 1 user thanked mst2018 for this useful post.
wskv on 1/7/2019(UTC)
Bruce  
#210 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2019 6:05:23 PM(UTC)
Bruce

United States

Originally Posted by: mst2018 Go to Quoted Post
I took mine on the 16th and nothing yet so yes it’s been 3 weeks. I am so scared about it

I took mine on the 18th; same boat.

Not really stressing, but I am a bit anxious about the results.
thanks 1 user thanked Bruce for this useful post.
wskv on 1/7/2019(UTC)
LS96  
#211 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2019 7:54:37 PM(UTC)
LS96

United States

Has anyone who didn’t finish the exam ever actually pass? I just took my phase 2 but I didn’t finish. I did put something for each section but it wasnt complete sentences. Some were notes I was going to explain more later. I doubt those will even get read. I was one sentence from finishing the 2nd part. Should I consider this the end?
mst2018  
#212 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2019 8:13:33 PM(UTC)
mst2018

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LS96 Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone who didn’t finish the exam ever actually pass? I just took my phase 2 but I didn’t finish. I did put something for each section but it wasnt complete sentences. Some were notes I was going to explain more later. I doubt those will even get read. I was one sentence from finishing the 2nd part. Should I consider this the end?

I couldn’t finish the last part :( and I still do not know the results. I wish I could tell you
Dune26  
#213 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2019 9:43:36 PM(UTC)
Dune26

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mst2018 Go to Quoted Post
I couldn’t finish the last part :( and I still do not know the results. I wish I could tell you

We're in the same boat, mst2018. I was a couple of sentences away from finalizing it, but ran out of time for reasons I've explained earlier in this thread.

I did try to include elements of that part throughout the test, so I hope that will count in my favor.

At the end of day, there are only two possible outcomes: I either passed or I failed. While I'm nervous about the result, I try not to worry too much about it because the outcome is completely out of my hands at this point and it will be one of those two options. If I passed - great - onward to Phase 3; but if I didn't, then I will simply re-apply and be better equipped to handle the test the next time around.

IA App: 10/15/18
PI: 12/19/18
PII: 12/26/18 (Pass: 01/23/19)
PIII: Scheduled for 03/19
thanks 2 users thanked Dune26 for this useful post.
Bruce on 1/7/2019(UTC), mst2018 on 1/7/2019(UTC)
Vlad73  
#214 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2019 4:20:08 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I finished with 1:38 to go. Well, I should really say I thought "I don't know what else I could add or change in the time left." It wasn't my very best work but I included everything relevant and concluded it. If you fail P2 do you get to retake it next year starting with P2?
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
wskv on 1/8/2019(UTC)
Bruce  
#215 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2019 6:36:11 AM(UTC)
Bruce

United States

I think everyone felt that their efforts were around the C+ range....I had about 2:30 left and was frantically checking spelling and grammar - I hit the wall as far as content went.
cat00  
#216 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2019 9:17:23 AM(UTC)
cat00

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: caterp Go to Quoted Post
I also sent an email to the "contact us" email on the hiring site, but in the end it didn't matter.

Did you receive a reply from them, caterp? I'm still waiting for a response from the official IASP email about the facility issues that I had. If I don't hear back by COB tomorrow, I think I'm going to call HQ and hope that I'm able to connect with someone who can actually help.

@LS96, I concur with wskv - the instructions are clear about what is expected from you.

The only thing I've gotten back was a notification that I failed P2. No response to my email.

The test administrator said she'd submit an incident report.There was a problem with the test/instructions that we felt negatively impacted my performance. We believe that the problem was due to a change in tests. The test admin called someone and was told that a new test was due to launch the next day. She and I surmise that I was given the old test and a combination of new& old instructions which led me to end my efforts early. I believe I could have done better had I taken the whole allotted time instead of just half...but then again, even if I had the full time maybe I still wouldn't have passed. That test is not easy.

At this point I've decided not to fight it, whatever they decide is what I'll go with...they seem to have decided that I am done so that's where I am at.

Just for your situational awareness, my results took right at 4 weeks to come back.
thanks 1 user thanked cat00 for this useful post.
wskv on 1/8/2019(UTC)
LS96  
#217 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2019 10:04:33 AM(UTC)
LS96

United States

I also sent an email to the "contact us" email on the hiring site, but in the end it didn't matter.

Did you receive a reply from them, caterp? I'm still waiting for a response from the official IASP email about the facility issues that I had. If I don't hear back by COB tomorrow, I think I'm going to call HQ and hope that I'm able to connect with someone who can actually help.

@LS96, I concur with wskv - the instructions are clear about what is expected from you.

The only thing I've gotten back was a notification that I failed P2. No response to my email.

The test administrator said she'd submit an incident report.There was a problem with the test/instructions that we felt negatively impacted my performance. We believe that the problem was due to a change in tests. The test admin called someone and was told that a new test was due to launch the next day. She and I surmise that I was given the old test and a combination of new& old instructions which led me to end my efforts early. I believe I could have done better had I taken the whole allotted time instead of just half...but then again, even if I had the full time maybe I still wouldn't have passed. That test is not easy.

At this point I've decided not to fight it, whatever they decide is what I'll go with...they seem to have decided that I am done so that's where I am at.

Just for your situational awareness, my results took right at 4 weeks to come back.

Wait they only gave you 45 minutes to complete the assignment? Didn't the test center know the exam takes 90 minutes? How far were you able to get?

Bruce  
#218 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2019 10:25:25 AM(UTC)
Bruce

United States

I'm pretty sure that if you only had half of the allotted time your test shouldn't be considered valid.
cat00  
#219 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2019 11:40:48 AM(UTC)
cat00

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I'm pretty sure that if you only had half of the allotted time your test shouldn't be considered valid.

I used slightly more than half the time but I ended the test early. I didn't realize I was ending the test. I pushed a button because I believed there were multiple parts based on the instructions I was provided.

There were not multiple parts, and so after I pushed the button the system registered my test as being completed. The administrator looked everything over, agreed that the instructions said there were two parts, and that she didn't know what happened either. She called someone. I only heard half that conversation, but once she hung up the administrator told me that it was probably a mix up and that she'd put in an incident report. I sent in an email.

Then I was notified that I failed the test.

I trust that the administrator put in a report. I know that I sent an email. At this point there's not really much else to be done. I thought about it, and decided not to make a big fuss.

The first time I applied to the FBI was (iirc) in 2010 for a clerical position I think. This has been a long process for me. I may just chalk this up as being another speed bump. I may finally give up (probably not though).

I should have asked more questions, read more carefully maybe. I don't know what would have made a difference here, but it is what it is and I am looking forward now.

I wish you all much luck! Thank you for listening.

Take care

TxShortie88  
#220 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2019 2:35:35 PM(UTC)
TxShortie88

United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I took mine on 12.15 and haven't heard anything yet. The 3 week mark for me would have been this past Saturday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and trying not to stress too much. But I really want out of my current job.

Originally Posted by: wskv Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Niaj Go to Quoted Post

Is anyone nearing or beyond the 3 week mark without hearing anything about their p2?

Rss Feed  Atom Feed