Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
20 Pages«<1314151617>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
luckydevil  
#281 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 11:04:53 AM(UTC)
luckydevil

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Airedale260 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CaitieMFT Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Lunchmoney Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: luckydevil Go to Quoted Post
Just got paperwork for an interim clearance! Woot woot! Hoping I make April class 🤞

Congrats LUCKYDEVIL!

Make 2019 your year!!

That’s awesome, congrats! It’s strange that I still haven’t heard about an interim clearance, but it seems like things vary so much between each of us this process is tough to nail down.

Hoping to see you in April, though!!

For what it's worth, I also got the paperwork for an interim clearance (and I'm not in the federal system), so hopefully they'll get paperwork to you soon.

And congratulations, luckydevil!

Congrats to you as well!
thanks 1 user thanked luckydevil for this useful post.
Airedale260 on 1/10/2019(UTC)
Lunchmoney  
#282 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 11:07:43 AM(UTC)
Lunchmoney

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Just got paperwork for an interim clearance! Woot woot! Hoping I make April class 🤞

Congrats LUCKYDEVIL!

Make 2019 your year!!

That’s awesome, congrats! It’s strange that I still haven’t heard about an interim clearance, but it seems like things vary so much between each of us this process is tough to nail down.

For what it's worth, I also got the paperwork for an interim clearance (and I'm not in the federal system), so hopefully they'll get paperwork to you soon.

Same! Just received mine, too!
I still don’t doubt there will be some waiting time from now until the next step. (Not sure how fast the interim would speed up the process)
But it’s good to get a breathe of fresh air once in a while.
thanks 2 users thanked Lunchmoney for this useful post.
Airedale260 on 1/10/2019(UTC), CaitieMFT on 1/11/2019(UTC)
luckydevil  
#283 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 11:15:50 AM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Congrats LUCKYDEVIL!

Make 2019 your year!!

Same! Just received mine, too!
I still don’t doubt there will be some waiting time from now until the next step. (Not sure how fast the interim would speed up the process)
But it’s good to get a breathe of fresh air once in a while.

Congrats! Yes, nice to know there is movement!
Airedale260  
#284 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 11:53:50 AM(UTC)
Airedale260

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Definitely! I know they're swamped but at least they're moving as fast as they can.

For those of you who got preference sheets for previous BDI classes, did you happen to notice if Philadelphia was on the list of choices? I know we can go anywhere but I was wondering what the odds are of getting assigned there (I'm from South Jersey, so there or Camden would be my top picks, but Camden is a relatively small office).
luckydevil  
#285 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 11:56:19 AM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Definitely! I know they're swamped but at least they're moving as fast as they can.

For those of you who got preference sheets for previous BDI classes, did you happen to notice if Philadelphia was on the list of choices? I know we can go anywhere but I was wondering what the odds are of getting assigned there (I'm from South Jersey, so there or Camden would be my top picks, but Camden is a relatively small office).

I'm originally from NJ too! I thought we just got a list of all the DEA offices, but I could be wrong.
Airedale260 on 1/10/2019(UTC)
Airedale260  
#286 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 12:02:35 PM(UTC)
Airedale260

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I'm originally from NJ too! I thought we just got a list of all the DEA offices, but I could be wrong.

Cool! Well, I did fill out a sheet with the divisions listed back when I went for the panel, but not specific offices (I was told that that comes just before the academy). I wasn't sure if it was all the offices, because I thought I read somewhere they only listed offices with openings.

Thanks!
luckydevil  
#287 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 12:14:42 PM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Cool! Well, I did fill out a sheet with the divisions listed back when I went for the panel, but not specific offices (I was told that that comes just before the academy). I wasn't sure if it was all the offices, because I thought I read somewhere they only listed offices with openings.

Thanks!

I thought it was all but that would help narrow it down if it was just ones with openings!
GearUp  
#288 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 1:41:15 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 458 time(s) in 160 post(s)
The preference sheet is usually a list of all the Division offices and not each office where DIs are assigned. So what usually happens, and things could've changed, is you select 3 Divisions in order of preference. They try to get you into an office within the Divisions you selected (no guarantees ever!!!). For NJ the Division office is Newark. For PA and Delaware the Division office is in Philadelphia. Currently it looks like there are no DIs assigned to the Camden office and I'm not sure if there any actual slots there anymore for DIs. Looks like all the DIs covering NJ are out of Newark. I could be wrong. There are DIs in Philly, Pittsburg and Scranton, PA.
thanks 3 users thanked for this useful post.
luckydevil on 1/10/2019(UTC), Airedale260 on 1/10/2019(UTC), CaitieMFT on 1/11/2019(UTC)
luckydevil  
#289 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 1:44:42 PM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Originally Posted by: GearUp Go to Quoted Post
The preference sheet is usually a list of all the Division offices and not each office where DIs are assigned. So what usually happens, and things could've changed, is you select 3 Divisions in order of preference. They try to get you into an office within the Divisions you selected (no guarantees ever!!!). For NJ the Division office is Newark. For PA and Delaware the Division office is in Philadelphia. Currently it looks like there are no DIs assigned to the Camden office and I'm not sure if there any actual slots there anymore for DIs. Looks like all the DIs covering NJ are out of Newark. I could be wrong. There are DIs in Philly, Pittsburg and Scranton, PA.

I read the last group or two through had to pick 7 locations and not specific to division but could pick exact office locations. I think this recently changed with the last group. It was stated over on the other forum I believe but don't quote me on the specifics. I just know it was 7 locations to select because someone got assigned their 5th choice.

Edited by user Thursday, January 10, 2019 1:46:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CaitieMFT on 1/11/2019(UTC)
Legend of Zella  
#290 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 1:55:45 PM(UTC)
Legend of Zella

United States

I received paperwork for an interim clearance today as well. :)
luckydevil  
#291 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 1:57:37 PM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Originally Posted by: Legend of Zella Go to Quoted Post
I received paperwork for an interim clearance today as well. :)

Awesome!
DiscretionarySpending  
#292 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 4:20:55 PM(UTC)
DiscretionarySpending

United States

Is HR furloughed at this point?
luckydevil  
#293 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 4:27:25 PM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Originally Posted by: DiscretionarySpending Go to Quoted Post
Is HR furloughed at this point?

My interim email today was from HR.
Glitterypink29  
#294 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 4:40:12 PM(UTC)
Glitterypink29

Woman

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Interim clearance paperwork received today! Hooray for movement. Hoping for the April class.
luckydevil  
#295 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 4:41:34 PM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Originally Posted by: Glitterypink29 Go to Quoted Post
Interim clearance paperwork received today! Hooray for movement. Hoping for the April class.

Awesome! If we all get lucky maybe we will all end up in class together.
GearUp  
#296 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 8:26:52 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: GearUp Go to Quoted Post

I read the last group or two through had to pick 7 locations and not specific to division but could pick exact office locations. I think this recently changed with the last group. It was stated over on the other forum I believe but don't quote me on the specifics. I just know it was 7 locations to select because someone got assigned their 5th choice.

Thanks for the update. I thought things may have changed. I haven't seen a copy of the latest preference sheet.

thanks 2 users thanked for this useful post.
luckydevil on 1/10/2019(UTC), Airedale260 on 1/10/2019(UTC)
GearUp  
#297 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 8:53:12 PM(UTC)

The Office of Diversion Control is not shut down or furloughed and is only minimally affected, including the HR section.
thanks 3 users thanked for this useful post.
luckydevil on 1/10/2019(UTC), CaitieMFT on 1/11/2019(UTC), 229K9 on 1/11/2019(UTC)
CaitieMFT  
#298 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2019 7:25:12 AM(UTC)
CaitieMFT

United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Just realized that I got my interim clearance forms yesterday too! They have been using both of my email addresses and I forgot to check the one until this morning.

I’m excited that we’re all seeing movement right now!!
luckydevil  
#299 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2019 7:29:24 AM(UTC)
luckydevil

United States

Just realized that I got my interim clearance forms yesterday too! They have been using both of my email addresses and I forgot to check the one until this morning.

I’m excited that we’re all seeing movement right now!!

Great! Congrats!
CaitieMFT on 1/11/2019(UTC)
229K9  
#300 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2019 3:10:49 PM(UTC)
229K9

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I just e-mailed my HR contact. I was never contacted by BI, but my current & former supervisors were at my current agency. I was told that my CBP BI could be ordered and used, so fingers crossed for April.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed