Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

39 Pages«<1516171819>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FatHappyCat  
#321 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2019 5:46:40 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 106 time(s) in 91 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LieutenantBlantyre Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Jimmy81 Go to Quoted Post
I can't believe the NTEU is on board with this "plan". So Exam remains furloughed and anyone with access to a computer can file for refundable tax credits (which will never be recovered). Meanwhile IRS employees have no idea when they will see a paycheck. What is the point of having a union if they don't do anything? Anyone can file a lawsuit.

Somebody in the departmental offices nuked the first one. I’m skeptical this will actually launch. Yes, this whole Concept of Operations is horrid. Hopefully we don’t wind up with a mutiny like TSA seems to be bordering on.

Doubtful - the reason why you have the 'mutiny' in TSA is that a good portion of their workforce are part-timers doing shift-work and/or bad hours/weekends. Fairly certain the full timers and/or career guys will just walk off or quit.

Hired 2015  
#322 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2019 6:45:50 AM(UTC)
Hired 2015

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 22 post(s)
A local media outlet asked to interview me comment on unions and budget shutdowns. I declined but I think the story might help.

My mother was involved in the last successful local governing public worker strike. The inside scoop of that strike is it dragged on because issues on how to end it. What the public saw was a mostly female union of school clerical workers walking a strike line not for pay increases but issues like ending dress codes and unpaid maternity rights which later became FMLA. It was a powerful strike that unions nationally wanted to walk the strike but the local union wanted only their members on the strike line. It had all the elements of the 70s era with violence in a city raw from riots.

I am woman was played from loud speakers in the theater the public saw.

The union faced off against a powerful, ego driven and visionary mayor. The head of that union was a Pelosi that with a few calls could raised an army of strikers.

How to end it was a monster mash of powerful personalities. The teachers had a valid contract and couldn't join the strike. The mayor ordered schools opened forcing the daughter of the union president to cross her mother's picket line. The public didn't see the sharpshooters on the roof of the daughter's school and the detail of the city's female detectives protecting the daughter. I walked in the front door and out the side door into a police car because the situation was escalating with violence.

The end would come in the most unexpected way. The union would loose on the issues except just one, the right of unpaid maternity leave. The mayor would get all he wanted including the daughter crossing her mother's picket line. The union members would go 5 years without a raise and none of the workers quit to stand their ground. My mother and some of the strikers would later be in DC when FMLA became the law. My mother would go on as a noted labor mediator and community leader.

In a quirk the union president's daughter would be on one of the last flights in the air when the air traffic controllers were fired under Reagan. A scary experience. The flight landed and was met by a throng of reporters. I was barely 18 and had no idea my hometown mayor had called Washington to get that flight safely on the ground. I was terrified by the huge crowd and scene. It was just like wow. At that time there were no cell phones and news on planes. The plane was full of business people from my hometown including a CEO of a major company. The reporters wanted to talk to me. Over the loud speaker I was being paged.

My mother's world was not for me and I chose a quiet career in tax and accounting. I couldn't work for government until my mother died due to the maze of rules connected with her job. The CEO on my flight gave me my first job in the crazy 80s recession and we remained friends until he died bound by that experience of being passengers in the air as Reagan fired the air traffic controllers. My mother would face the backlash that it was the unions that put me on that plane in harm's way. The trip had been planned months before as a family event. History would never mention that air traffic controllers after being fired had stayed on the job to land the planes that were in the air. Reporters never followed the story of the 24 hour trip I had to get home. Routed all over the country for what should of been a 2 hour flight.

Here we go again as history is made. The union president's daughter facing working for free with no paycheck. Ironically that was one of my mother's union strike issues. The clerical workers that prepared payroll checks for their fellow clerical workers had their checks held for 3 additional days so they could be verified in the days when payroll was hand calculated.

Such Happy Days of that old story of how to end it. Let the good times roll.

LieutenantBlantyre  
#323 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2019 6:47:32 AM(UTC)
LieutenantBlantyre

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 181 time(s) in 151 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ashulein Go to Quoted Post
I can't believe the NTEU is on board with this "plan". So Exam remains furloughed and anyone with access to a computer can file for refundable tax credits (which will never be recovered). Meanwhile IRS employees have no idea when they will see a paycheck. What is the point of having a union if they don't do anything? Anyone can file a lawsuit.

I am not reading the NTEU e-mail as it was posted as them being "on board with this "plan."" I am reading it as being purely informational because if they were indeed "on board" they would not have filed the two lawsuits that they did. If you read the Complaint for Declaratory and Injunctive Relief (Case 1:19-cv-00050, Filed 1/9/19) that is available on the NTEU website it basically argues (assuming that I am reading it correctly) that the use of the Antideficiency Act to compel employees to work in a non-paid status, without an obligated appropriation, when the need is not directly "in connection with an imminent threat to human life or property" is clearly overly broad and "unconstitutional." If this lawsuit is successful and the court sides with the NTEU it is obvious that the government will not be permitted to compel a vast swath of the workforce back from furlough without legislatively appropriated funds. Regardless of the fact that it is political plutonium I would be hard pressed believe that the potential delays processing tax returns and/or subsequent refunds constitutes an imminent threat to human life or property. I maintain... this certainly is not the action of an organization that is acquiescing to what is going on. In my opinion, of course.

It will be months before those lawsuits go anywhere. Judges will figure everyone will be paid anyway so no reason to do anything quick. If the union really believes requiring employees to show up and process refunds for free is illegal then they should tell them not to do it. Let Joe EITC filer raise hell. The IRS will be funded quicker than those refunds are spent. At the very least NTEU should tell employees that if they can't afford to work for free then there will be no negative actions taken against them.

Apparently there was a leader note from NTEU leadership that the Pittsburgh chapter posted on a platform I can't copy-paste from. In it, Tony Reardon was suggesting people consider asking for hardship consideration to stay furloughed if working without pay presents a burden.

Then this popped up in the local news today:

Washington Post: 30 federal workers accidentally paid despite shutdown before money is clawed back

You can't ask for the hardship consideration before you actually get called back.

The relevant contract language from NA2019, Article 48, Section 1, Item B:

Quote:
All Service employees will be furloughed except for
those employees performing excepted functions or
those employees whose positions are exempt. When
there is more than one (1) qualified employee in the
same position, grade, post of duty, and tour of duty
available for an excepted position, the Employer has
determined that employees will be assigned to the
excepted position by inverse seniority based on enter
on duty (EOD) date. The Employer will consider an
employee’s request not to work due to a hardship. If
the employee’s request is honored, the Employer has
determined that the next employee, meeting the above
criteria, will be assigned to the excepted position.

By now we should all be able to write something up about why we shouldn't go in without pay and explain how it creates a hardship.
chriswt25  
#324 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2019 7:55:33 AM(UTC)
chriswt25

United States

Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ashulein Go to Quoted Post

I am not reading the NTEU e-mail as it was posted as them being "on board with this "plan."" I am reading it as being purely informational because if they were indeed "on board" they would not have filed the two lawsuits that they did. If you read the Complaint for Declaratory and Injunctive Relief (Case 1:19-cv-00050, Filed 1/9/19) that is available on the NTEU website it basically argues (assuming that I am reading it correctly) that the use of the Antideficiency Act to compel employees to work in a non-paid status, without an obligated appropriation, when the need is not directly "in connection with an imminent threat to human life or property" is clearly overly broad and "unconstitutional." If this lawsuit is successful and the court sides with the NTEU it is obvious that the government will not be permitted to compel a vast swath of the workforce back from furlough without legislatively appropriated funds. Regardless of the fact that it is political plutonium I would be hard pressed believe that the potential delays processing tax returns and/or subsequent refunds constitutes an imminent threat to human life or property. I maintain... this certainly is not the action of an organization that is acquiescing to what is going on. In my opinion, of course.

It will be months before those lawsuits go anywhere. Judges will figure everyone will be paid anyway so no reason to do anything quick. If the union really believes requiring employees to show up and process refunds for free is illegal then they should tell them not to do it. Let Joe EITC filer raise hell. The IRS will be funded quicker than those refunds are spent. At the very least NTEU should tell employees that if they can't afford to work for free then there will be no negative actions taken against them.

Apparently there was a leader note from NTEU leadership that the Pittsburgh chapter posted on a platform I can't copy-paste from. In it, Tony Reardon was suggesting people consider asking for hardship consideration to stay furloughed if working without pay presents a burden.

Then this popped up in the local news today:

Washington Post: 30 federal workers accidentally paid despite shutdown before money is clawed back

You can't ask for the hardship consideration before you actually get called back.

The relevant contract language from NA2019, Article 48, Section 1, Item B:

Quote:
All Service employees will be furloughed except for
those employees performing excepted functions or
those employees whose positions are exempt. When
there is more than one (1) qualified employee in the
same position, grade, post of duty, and tour of duty
available for an excepted position, the Employer has
determined that employees will be assigned to the
excepted position by inverse seniority based on enter
on duty (EOD) date. The Employer will consider an
employee’s request not to work due to a hardship. If
the employee’s request is honored, the Employer has
determined that the next employee, meeting the above
criteria, will be assigned to the excepted position.

By now we should all be able to write something up about why we shouldn't go in without pay and explain how it creates a hardship.

Interesting, although I can see management rejecting these hardship requests out of hand.

gardenia  
#325 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2019 7:59:31 AM(UTC)
gardenia

United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 9 post(s)
The union can’t tell people not to return to work. They still have rules and law to follow. If they could do anything they wanted we wouldn’t be here now.
kitkatma  
#326 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2019 8:09:26 AM(UTC)
kitkatma

United States

Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 56 post(s)
Congress passed the bill to authorize back pay for furloughed federal workers, haven't heard if POTUS signed it yet. Now doesn't this back pay bill violate the anti-deficiency act, as it authorizes payments that have not been appropriated by congress?
Jimmy81  
#327 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2019 8:28:29 AM(UTC)
Jimmy81

United States

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kitkatma Go to Quoted Post
Congress passed the bill to authorize back pay for furloughed federal workers, haven't heard if POTUS signed it yet. Now doesn't this back pay bill violate the anti-deficiency act, as it authorizes payments that have not been appropriated by congress?

I'm no expert but I believe the bill is a form of appropriation from Congress. It is a future appropriation from the agency's budget after it is funded.
Which does lead to the question of whether violating the Anti-deficiency act is a moot point now since every worker will eventually get full pay, no matter how much they worked during the shutdown.
chriswt25  
#328 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2019 8:52:51 AM(UTC)
chriswt25

United States

The President announced last night that he would sign the bill once the shutdown is over.

This I found interesting from an article in The Hill:

The House and Senate this week voted overwhelmingly to provide back pay to about 800,000 federal workers who are going without paychecks because of the partial government shutdown.

But seven lawmakers — all House Republicans — opposed the measure. Those "no" votes came from Reps. Justin Amash (Mich.), Andy Biggs (Ariz.), Paul Gosar (Ariz.), Glen Grothman (Wis.), Thomas Massie (Ky.), Chip Roy (Texas) and Ted Yoho (Fla.).

Sorry I don't live in one of their districts.

Edited by user Saturday, January 12, 2019 8:58:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LieutenantBlantyre  
#329 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2019 9:10:26 AM(UTC)
LieutenantBlantyre

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: chriswt25 Go to Quoted Post

The President announced last night that he would sign the bill once the shutdown is over.

The House and Senate this week voted overwhelmingly to provide back pay to about 800,000 federal workers who are going without paychecks because of the partial government shutdown.

But seven lawmakers — all House Republicans — opposed the measure. Those "no" votes came from Reps. Justin Amash (Mich.), Andy Biggs (Ariz.), Paul Gosar (Ariz.), Glen Grothman (Wis.), Thomas Massie (Ky.), Chip Roy (Texas) and Ted Yoho (Fla.).

The Heritage Guide to the Constitution is instructive:

Quote:
If any Bill shall not be returned by the President within ten Days (Sundays excepted) after it shall have been presented to him, the Same shall be a Law, in like Manner as if he had signed it, unless the Congress by their Adjournment prevent its Return, in which Case it shall not be a Law.

ARTICLE I, SECTION 7, CLAUSE 2

Library of Congress doesn’t have a presentment date recorded yet. It is not always the same day the bill has finished clearing both chambers. The Congress.gov record will hopefully update by Monday.
chriswt25  
#330 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2019 11:03:26 AM(UTC)
chriswt25

United States

The Heritage Guide to the Constitution is instructive:

Quote:
If any Bill shall not be returned by the President within ten Days (Sundays excepted) after it shall have been presented to him, the Same shall be a Law, in like Manner as if he had signed it, unless the Congress by their Adjournment prevent its Return, in which Case it shall not be a Law.

ARTICLE I, SECTION 7, CLAUSE 2

Library of Congress doesn’t have a presentment date recorded yet. It is not always the same day the bill has finished clearing both chambers. The Congress.gov record will hopefully update by Monday.

So if this thing is over in 10 days and he signs the bill, or if he doesn't sign it in 10 days, it is law. Same result. Only way he can hurt us is if he vetoes it within 10 days. He said he wouldn't do that. That is the only reason the Senate voted on it. If he tries and vetoes, he will lose all the Senators in his own party,

Nice part of this bill is that it will be permanent to get us back pay for future shutdowns. Little less angst next time.

Let's get these people to act like adults and get back to the table.

Edited by user Saturday, January 12, 2019 11:10:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Collector0962  
#331 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2019 11:54:49 AM(UTC)
Collector0962

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I didn't really want to participate but just a couple of points: none of us work for NTEU, therefore it has no say in when we return by work. At best it serves the purpose of relaying, hopefully useful, info from the decision makers.
I have not been to the website in ages -was a member my first year and quickly found out there were better things to do with my dues- and have as much info on the shutdown just from reading the general press.
Also, last thing I read is that there is a veto proof bill awaiting signature guaranteeing payment of salary once shutdown ends.
Based on my reading of a document called the Constitution, because it has that veto proof majority from both houses, it becomes law after 10 days (not including Sundays). No signature needed from a president.
My crystal ball is out for repairs 😭 so I won't attempt to predict anything but I'm gonna wager on us being out another 10 days.
thanks 2 users thanked Collector0962 for this useful post.
caligurl0222 on 1/12/2019(UTC), Imthatgirl on 1/13/2019(UTC)
caligurl0222  
#332 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2019 11:55:07 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 8 post(s)
If you bank with NFCU contact them for help if you need it. They will deposit your pay take home amount into your account as a loan on your normal pay date.
Also, they may lower your interest rate on credit cards.
I've seen stories from others that mortgage lenders are not being sympathetic!
I believe in Laws of Attraction and I attract good things!
dmellow  
#333 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2019 1:04:31 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 14 post(s)
I don't think the union gets credit for all that it does, much of it behind the scenes. It reminds me of people saying there are too many federal workers and they are paid too much. It's only when they don't get their refunds or transcript for financial aid that our value is seen. Sometimes, I get a call from someone saying they have been on hold along time or have been calling for days. If their complaining becomes particularly annoying I'll say "This is what smaller government looks like. It's what people have asked for".

Be careful what you wish for! All that we have is not set in stone and can be eroded or taken away. Who will work to get our 2019 COLA that was signed away by our president? When will he sign for our back pay? Will we need to be back at work and for how long? What if they stagger the people or agencies coming back? What if Rush Limbaugh doesn't want him to sign it? What if a state of emergency is declared? It will be the union, on our behalf, putting pressure on him to sign it. That's on behalf of employees that don't support the union as well.

36 Reasons Why You Should Thank a Union

Weekends
All Breaks at Work, including your Lunch Breaks
Paid Vacation
FMLA
Sick Leave
Social Security
Minimum Wage
Civil Rights Act/Title VII (Prohibits Employer Discrimination)
8-Hour Work Day
Overtime Pay
Child Labor Laws
Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA)
40 Hour Work Week
Worker's Compensation (Worker's Comp)
Unemployment Insurance
Pensions
Workplace Safety Standards and Regulations
Employer Health Care Insurance
Collective Bargaining Rights for Employees
Wrongful Termination Laws
Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967
Whistleblower Protection Laws
Employee Polygraph Protect Act (Prohibits Employer from using a lie detector test on an employee)
Veteran's Employment and Training Services (VETS)
Compensation increases and Evaluations (Raises)
Sexual Harassment Laws
Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
Holiday Pay
Employer Dental, Life, and Vision Insurance
Privacy Rights
Pregnancy and Parental Leave
Military Leave
The Right to Strike
Public Education for Children
Equal Pay Acts of 1963 & 2011 (Requires employers pay men and women equally for the same amount of work)
Laws Ending Sweatshops in the United States

Edited by user Saturday, January 12, 2019 1:25:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked for this useful post.
Msstl on 1/12/2019(UTC), Imthatgirl on 1/13/2019(UTC)
nonewsnotgood  
#334 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2019 1:08:05 PM(UTC)
nonewsnotgood

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RodoHinote Go to Quoted Post
LOL! I doubt that any of them would rather put a stop to their paychecks while this goes on. I can respect the VP for stepping out on that ledge though. That took some guts to do.

My wife is upset, and for good reason. She has an issue with identity theft, and was supposed to have been issued her annual IP Pin. The issue with this is not only is the information unavailable, but we moved out of state last year, and she's afraid that when things start to get rolling again, her pin will be shipped to our old address. Thats another headache altogether.

They send the CP01A out in January. I know people who got them. What I always tell people is update the address IRS has prior to they are sent. Typically that's January 2nd.

They won't resend it if the address has changed after a certain date. So once we're back and ENMOD shows the address wasn't updated they won't reissue the letter.

At that point you're filing on paper and expecting delays OR you could try www.irs.gov/getanippin

chriswt25  
#335 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2019 1:43:46 PM(UTC)
chriswt25

United States

Originally Posted by: dmellow Go to Quoted Post
I don't think the union gets credit for all that it does, much of it behind the scenes. It reminds me of people saying there are too many federal workers and they are paid too much. It's only when they don't get their refunds or transcript for financial aid that our value is seen. Sometimes, I get a call from someone saying they have been on hold along time or have been calling for days. If their complaining becomes particularly annoying I'll say "This is what smaller government looks like. It's what people have asked for".

Be careful what you wish for! All that we have is not set in stone and can be eroded or taken away. Who will work to get our 2019 COLA that was signed away by our president? When will he sign for our back pay? Will we need to be back at work and for how long? What if they stagger the people or agencies coming back? What if Rush Limbaugh doesn't want him to sign it? What if a state of emergency is declared? It will be the union, on our behalf, putting pressure on him to sign it. That's on behalf of employees that don't support the union as well.

Weekends
Paid Vacation
FMLA
Sick Leave
Social Security
Minimum Wage
8-Hour Work Day
Overtime Pay
Child Labor Laws
40 Hour Work Week
Unemployment Insurance
Pensions
Employee Polygraph Protect Act (Prohibits Employer from using a lie detector test on an employee)
Sexual Harassment Laws
Holiday Pay
Privacy Rights
Military Leave
The Right to Strike
Equal Pay Acts of 1963 & 2011 (Requires employers pay men and women equally for the same amount of work)

Nice, except Federal unions are basically toothless tigers. You can cross several of those items off that list. Bad enough that they are not allowed to strike (which is a last resort, but at least a real option in a real union) they roll over constantly

Just the fact that OT pay is capped at the GS 8 and above level is an outrage.When you reach steps 7 and above for GS 8 and steps 5 and above for GS 9. They refuse to challenge this and it is causing people to lose real money year after year

Edited by user Sunday, January 13, 2019 3:47:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked chriswt25 for this useful post.
Jimmy81 on 1/12/2019(UTC), Collector0962 on 1/13/2019(UTC)
LieutenantBlantyre  
#336 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2019 6:55:06 AM(UTC)
LieutenantBlantyre

Woman
United States

From the Day 21 e-mail:

Quote:
NTEU was briefed today by IRS officials on the status of a new Filing Season Shutdown plan. The plan is still awaiting final approval by the Treasury Department and will be available after that happens. That approval could come at any time, including this weekend, and is likely to drastically expand the numbers of IRS employees who will be called back to work without pay.

So far, still nothing.

Anybody have any nice plans for Week 4?
Imthatgirl  
#337 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2019 7:04:41 AM(UTC)
Imthatgirl

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Weekends
Paid Vacation
FMLA
Sick Leave
Social Security
Minimum Wage
8-Hour Work Day
Overtime Pay
Child Labor Laws
40 Hour Work Week
Unemployment Insurance
Pensions
Sexual Harassment Laws
Holiday Pay
Privacy Rights
Military Leave
The Right to Strike

Nice, except Federal unions are basically toothless tigers. You can cross several of those items off that list. Bad enough that they are not allowed to strike (which is a last resort, but at least a real option in a real union) they roll over constantly

Just the fact that OT pay is capped at the GS 8 and above level is an outrage.When you reach steps 7 and above for GS 8 and steps 5 and above for GS 9. They refuse to challenge this and it is causing people to lose real money year after year

The OT is not capped for bargaining union employees. The difference is paid under FSLA.
Collector0962  
#338 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2019 7:10:34 AM(UTC)
Collector0962

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
With all due respect to any who believes life starts and ends with the union but, that list of 36 can be cut back to about 3 or four.
I am not going to go full bore analytical on this issue. Believe me, with the time I have on my hands I could but... what's the point?
Take healthcare for one. This has nothing to do with NTEU or unions in general. Basic understanding of American history tells us that employers did not want government providing healthcare (I think the word 'Socialism' was thrown around a lot during that era) and said employers knew that if government were to provide that healthcare, the best employees would just up and leave for a better job if they did not like conditions on the current job.
Only one more... Social Security. Did the writer truly think that was brought to us by unions? Give us a break. FDR became president as the depression was raging and started implementing programs to benefit the down and out. One of which was, you guessed it, Social Security.
I promised to go easy. But please folks, this forum can be more than just pie-in-the-sky, "life is gonna be the way I want it to be" wishful thinking.
While opinions don't have to be researched as if we are answering a taxpayer call, if we are to present something as 'fact' let that be thoughful, well researched and, hopefully, enlightening.
Just a thought.
thanks 1 user thanked Collector0962 for this useful post.
Michelle10 on 1/15/2019(UTC)
chriswt25  
#339 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2019 7:32:50 AM(UTC)
chriswt25

United States

Originally Posted by: Imthatgirl Go to Quoted Post

Weekends
Paid Vacation
FMLA
Sick Leave
Social Security
Minimum Wage
8-Hour Work Day
Overtime Pay
Child Labor Laws
40 Hour Work Week
Unemployment Insurance
Pensions
Sexual Harassment Laws
Holiday Pay
Privacy Rights
Military Leave
The Right to Strike

The OT is not capped for bargaining union employees. The difference is paid under FSLA.

I know that 5 U.S.C. 5542(a)(2)

I also know they throw up their hands and say they can do nothing about it, instead of fighting to change it.

Edited by user Sunday, January 13, 2019 7:35:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

chriswt25  
#340 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2019 7:53:22 AM(UTC)
chriswt25

United States

From the Day 21 e-mail:

Quote:
NTEU was briefed today by IRS officials on the status of a new Filing Season Shutdown plan. The plan is still awaiting final approval by the Treasury Department and will be available after that happens. That approval could come at any time, including this weekend, and is likely to drastically expand the numbers of IRS employees who will be called back to work without pay.

So far, still nothing.

Anybody have any nice plans for Week 4?

I will be watching my caller ID for the area code and number from my office. I just hope they have the good sense to not call people and require them to report in 4 hours. That is why when that call does come through. it goes to voicemail.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed