Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Contractors

Are you one of the millions who work for Uncle Sam but is not employeed by him? If so, then you are part of the federal contrators' world. This forum is created to allow contrators to share experiences and give insight to others.

FederalSoup is a FREE forum site dedicated to serving the needs of federal contractors, so please keep this forum on topic and focused. This will help make this community valuable. Thanks for your cooperation.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sincere360  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2019 2:02:22 PM(UTC)
Sincere360

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello Everyone,

So I was recently hired by a contractor for an IT job. They sponsored me for a secret clearance and told it would be between 4-6 weeks before I could start working. I used to have an interim about 10+ years ago. A year an half in it was put on hold because of my current financial records. Which I had started repairing as soon I started working. So when I got the notice I would say 95%+ of my issues where resolve. I didn't get fired, but I was told I needed to resolve whatever the issue was. My contract was coming to end in about two months so I finished up and decide I wanted to come back home. Sorry for the long story I just wanted to give some background.

My finances have been perfect for the last 10 years and I smoke some marijuana/cbd about 4 years ago. To see if it was going to help my back pain and haven't tried any since. I added that to my application. So I would like to know are the chances good that I'm going to get cleared or is my past going to get me? Also is the current government shutdown affecting the process? I told the company I didn't have an issue waiting, but I don't want to let a another job pass me by if I don't think I'm gonna get cleared because I prefer to have my clearance.

Thank You
someoldguy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2019 2:47:01 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1030 time(s) in 871 post(s)
I'm afraid the drug use will knock you off the fast track and possibly prevent you from getting an interim. That doesn't mean you won't get the final clearance but the interim may be at risk, and the final make take longer.

In my many years of suffering through this it seems to me that the investigators assume that if you have admitted to ever having used drugs, you were probably getting high yesterday as well. Maybe it is just their experience with many people who initially claim a certain level of usage and end up admitting to lot more and much more recently. So that is why I am skeptical.

Good luck... and don't forget to read my standard disclaimer below :)
DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
thanks 1 user thanked someoldguy for this useful post.
Sincere360 on 1/17/2019(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed