Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Security Clearance

A security clearance is a status granted to individuals allowing them access to classified information. Those trying to get a clearance may have questions such as how does one go about attaining a clearance? And, what are the different levels? As well as other questions. This area will allow those that have clearances offer advice and suggestions to those inquiring about clearances or upgrading their clearances.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Exit7A  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 5:05:43 PM(UTC)
Exit7A

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 133 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Vader99 Go to Quoted Post
Is it common for agencies (IC) to do the background/poly/medical/CJO on an applicant and then never give a final answer? Basically just saying that you’re actively processing any time you check in. You would think with all the money and time spent on an applicant, they would give a definite yes or no.

How long have you been waiting? The security clearance takes some time and many factors will affect the length. You will receive a final answer in due time.
That's all I got to say about that.
country mouse  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2019 11:58:29 AM(UTC)
country mouse

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I'm "actively processing" and received my CJO December 2016. This is for a TS/SCI clearance, and I have undergone all background/poly/medical processes. Maybe they will get back to me, maybe they won't... good thing they told me to go about my life and not to put things on hold.
someoldguy  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2019 12:42:20 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 902 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: country mouse Go to Quoted Post
I'm "actively processing" and received my CJO December 2016.
CJO in December 2016, let's say that the investigation was initiated in January 2017... coming up on two years.

Two years for TS/SCI is not unheard of, but...

To paraphrase a recent famous quote... "I guess it all depends on your definition of 'actively'"

DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
country mouse  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2019 7:45:38 AM(UTC)
country mouse

Woman
United States

Has it been frustrating? Well, I would say yes, it was initially. I had higher expectations then. Now, I don't pay much attention and every time they reach out is a surprise... kind of like, "Seriously?! I thought for sure you were done with me or I'd been forgotten."

I do call every few months to check on the status. Last October, I got a call from them, letting me know my point of contact had been reassigned and that I'd be receiving a letter with that individual's contact information...Imagine my surprise when I really did! However, I don't give it much value at this point. From my perspective, I have an ongoing COE from December 2016, and who knows if anything will come from it. This system is obviously broken. If they aren't planning on offering a position, I do wish they would simply let me know.
someoldguy  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2019 7:49:17 AM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 902 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Originally Posted by: country mouse Go to Quoted Post
If they aren't planning on offering a position, I do wish they would simply let me know.
Ah but that would mean that somebody had to make a decision.

DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
country mouse  
#6 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2019 8:08:55 AM(UTC)
country mouse

Woman
United States

I have been paying attention to the periodic reports on security clearance investigations: https://news.clearancejo...clearance-news-of-2018/. Apparently, the average length of time to getting a top secret clearance is 534 days. I am currently at 766 days, or about 25 months; that's extreme by anyone's perspective, I would think. So, Vader99, good luck - I hope your clearance moves right along and you hear something soon!
264tsys  
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 7:50:28 PM(UTC)
264tsys

United States

What level of clearance?
country mouse  
#8 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 7:57:09 PM(UTC)
country mouse

Woman
United States

Top secret
habu987  
#9 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 1:23:23 PM(UTC)
habu987

United States

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 25 post(s)
I was with a contractor in 2016-2017 before starting my current federal position. While at that contractor, I'd been shopped around internally for several contracts, including one at IRS sometime around January or February 2017, and I'd filled out an SF-85P then. I shortly thereafter ended up on a contract at a different agency and thought nothing more about the IRS.

I got a call last week from an investigator wanting to set up an interview for that investigation. 2 years after filling out the SF-85P for a tier 2 position, I can't imagine how long it would have taken them to go through the adjudication process...

Edited by user Monday, February 11, 2019 1:24:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked habu987 for this useful post.
someoldguy on 2/11/2019(UTC)
WaitingForever  
#10 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 10:22:54 PM(UTC)
WaitingForever

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
My CJO was October 2016, and I've been waiting ever since. It's been over a year since I was "assigned" to an office, and over two years since I submitted my completed SF-86. In a few months, it'll have been two years since I was down there for medical and poly.

The process is an absolute joke.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed